Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@ MeloManiac

Superbes et belles photos d'Arno 😎

Je vous remercie, car je vais connaître ce groupe d'Arno, certainement à ses débuts. J'ai acheté beaucoup de disques et cassettes belges dans les années 80. Disques Cramed, disques PIAS ... J'ai beaucoup d'albums de Marc Holander, Front 242, TC Matic avec Arno, 2 Belgen, The Neon Judgment, Polyphonic Size, Aksak Maboul ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mustang_flht said:

Superbes et belles photos d'Arno 😎

Je vous remercie, car je vais connaître ce groupe d'Arno, certainement à ses débuts. J'ai acheté beaucoup de disques et cassettes belges dans les années 80. Disques Cramed, disques PIAS ... J'ai beaucoup d'albums de Marc Holander, Front 242, TC Matic avec Arno, 2 Belgen, The Neon Judgment, Polyphonic Size, Aksak Maboul ...

Arno is still going strong, even at his age...

And of course, he loves vinyl: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Af3TK801DLLddm18EqCfA/store 

And I want to make clear to our international friends that Arno grew up in Ostend, his mothertongue is Flemish, a sort of the Dutch language, but he likes to sing in French, after all, Belgium has three official languages (Dutch, French and German). He's very popular both in Flanders and in Wallonia, and France. And he stutters when he's not singing! In Belgium, he is often compared to Toots Tieleman, the famous jazz musician who grew up in the Marollen (Brussels), who also was perfectly bilingual.

He used to be quite 'punk' and rock 'n roll in his young days, but now he is appriciated by mainstream too. He was the official voice for the Toy Story opening song in Flanders:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

I forgot the photo of the discs: I bought 45 rpm, in the middle Polyphonic Size and TC Matic "O La La La C'est MAGNIFIQUE"

DSC_0175.thumb.JPG.b2966748872d46a985dfd5a1054f5ed9.JPG

Wow, that's an amazing collection!

It's weird, but I have never owned an Arno or TC Matic album...

Oh La La La is still a hit a parties, even for teenagers anno 2021!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Full Range If you are looking for Marc Holander's productions, I recommend a fabulous band he signed on his label Crammed Disc in the early 80s

Note: To respect the thread I will take the pictures of the vinyl covers tomorrow, it's to late here

Minimal Compact

And then also Tuxedomoon

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

And then of course Marc Holander's group, himself: Aksak Maboul.

A 1977 record: Onze Danses pour Combattre la Migraine / Eleven dances to Combat Migraine

Cover photo tomorrow

I don't know if there is a link, but this music makes me think of Marc Moulin and St Germain

PSX_20210307_093616.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I don't know if there is a link, but this music makes me think of Marc Moulin and St Germain

Marc Moulin and Marc Holander knew each other, because I know that TELEX (Marc Moulin group) released some records on Crammed at the end of the 90s. I imagine he knew each other and we must have met before, maybe in the 70s / 80s. Marc Moulin is a great musician who has influenced so many younger musicians.

For St Germain I don't know, not as the artist was born in 1969, I imagine that his very talented Belgian "fathers" must have influenced the music of the young Frenchman from St Germain en Laye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

Marc Moulin and Marc Holander knew each other, because I know that TELEX (Marc Moulin group) released some records on Crammed at the end of the 90s. I imagine he knew each other and we must have met before, maybe in the 70s / 80s. Marc Moulin is a great musician who has influenced so many younger musicians.

For St Germain I don't know, not as the artist was born in 1969, I imagine that his very talented Belgian "fathers" must have influenced the music of the young Frenchman from St Germain en Laye.

On the Dutch Wikipedia they write that in 1977, Marc Moulin was a member of Aksak Maboul for a short period of time.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Moulin

• Thanks 2

I’m going back to spinning progressive rock 

And this compilation album is a beauty of a favourite band 

Artist - King Crimson ‎

Title - The Young Persons' Guide To King Crimson 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-The-Young-Persons-Guide-To-King-Crimson/release/702357

E94866-F5-5-A4-B-42-C1-BAF6-E0837-E099-A

• Like 4

20 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

I forgot the photo of the discs: I bought 45 rpm in 80', in the middle Polyphonic Size and TC Matic "O La La La C'est MAGNIFIQUE"

DSC_0175.thumb.JPG.b2966748872d46a985dfd5a1054f5ed9.JPG

By the way I forgot to say it: the greatest sang it: Ella Fitzgerald, Dario Moreno, Dean Martin, Gina Lollobridgida, Franck Sinatra, Maurice Chevalier, Luis Mariano ... and many others

And here is the original

• Like 2