Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

The heck w/those albums.  Maybe 50 total and the ones he showed were 2 Canned Heat, and 3 blues.  So researched the blues and they were all late issues.  Like their last lp.  Ummm nope, too much of a pain.  That leaves the chess set and I didn't see any hands go up so heck with it.  Waaaay too much junk on those shelves to spend good money on.  Not counting 2 hours drive time on a whim.

The other night when my buddy stopped over I hit him w/all kinds of blues that he'd never heard and I wouldn't tell him who it was.  hahaha  Hit his lil cell phone and some app told him the name of the artist and song.  Seriously?  I called foul but kept jammin and tellin me who it was.  After he finished all the beer he brought for the 4 hour gig he was talking about leaving so I finished it w/Abbey Road.  hahahahaha  Didn't take him long to put his coat on and run for the border!   :)

He's learnin!  Slowly!!!  hahahaha  :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This next album is a compilation LP of remixed music but it only has 5 tracks and approx 20 min running time 

The music is really great and it's probably a good introduction to this period of Robert Fripp's music career. It has Here Comes the Flood, the frippertronic track God Save the King and the funky Under Heavy Manners with David Byrne.

However I can’t actually hear much change from the original in the remix ? And I can’t say that the record is an essential LP to have 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Robert-Fripp-Network/release/3344778

Artist - Robert Fripp 

Title - Network 

AB4-DEC89-D189-471-F-AF89-F4-E1-F40-D16-

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Have a wet paint brush laying but "had" to take a break.  Chillin a bit today and working on painting the front hall.  Such a great album for a break!   :)

Walter_Trout_-_Survivor_Blues_2019.jpg

Ok, it's twofer Tuesday I guess!!!  :)

IMG_20210223_174903902.jpg

:)

Walter Trout also gives masterclasses... In this one he tells the story of his iconic yellow Strat. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nope, never heard of Herman Foster but he must be old like us!  lol  Gonna have to check him out now. Thanks for both the grin hopefully and for sharing the jazz.  We're an equal opportunity employer in here so it ALL works.  Bring it!  :)

Just checked out youtube...  He's jammin!  Thanks!

You better hope I don't dive into jazz like everything else.  😂

Whoa that dude is great!  You're evil I tell ya.  Just plain evil!    :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Nope, never heard of Herman Foster but he must be old like us!  lol  Gonna have to check him out now. Thanks for both the grin hopefully and for sharing the jazz.  We're an equal opportunity employer in here so it ALL works.  Bring it!  :)

Just checked out youtube...  He's jammin!  Thanks!

You better hope I don't dive into jazz like everything else.  😂

Whoa that dude is great!  You're evil I tell ya.  Just plain evil!    :)

Check out his playing with Lou Donaldson on  Blue Note 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

NO!  Doesn't no mean YES???  Most always worked for me.  The wimmen said no and inside I knew they meant yes???  Something like that anyway.  Then there was the chick who said her mom told her to put a dime between her knees and hold it there @ the drive-in.  THAT was a fast ride home after as I recall.   😂      

Smooooooth!  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

NO!  Doesn't no mean YES???  Most always worked for me.  The wimmen said no and inside I knew they meant yes???  Something like that anyway.  Then there was the chick who said her mom told her to put a dime between her knees and hold it there @ the drive-in.  THAT was a fast ride home after as I recall.   😂      

Smooooooth!  :)

This man brings his lyrics with great authority and a great sense of humour!

Thank you for posting this. I'm going to check out npr music on youtube.

• Like 2

Up next is an album that is complex with uncommon time signatures that it can rattle some listeners from 1973

Genre spectrums covered, soft and delicate, hard and strong, experimental 

A pretty good all round album 

And yes you guessed it it’s King Crimson again with release #6 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - Larks Tongues In Aspic 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-Larks-Tongues-In-Aspic/release/9139706

2174-E397-F14-D-491-C-B378-AAAE13180243.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1