Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Kicked back and taking all of this in.  Buddy Miles at Roger Scott's in London.  It was a special place for so many big guns and he was also a close friend of Buddy's.  That tight group, having been together for 2 years, walked out and owned it!  Everyone in the area knew the two-night shows were going to be the last shows when the Stones Mobile Recording truck rolled up outside the club.  Special it is too!  33 years to put it together and man what a nice job it is.  Yuppers, it's cranked and I'm sure some of the older neighbors are sittin outside tappin their feet?  Beautiful day in the hood and yup, we're jammin big time! 

IMG-20210413-161727158.jpg 

• Like 7

Thanks to @mr clean!  I think it was him that turned me on to these rock-abilly crazies from South Central, Indiana a while back in here.  Why not give them a shot just for giggles?  Not too shabby for a 3-piece band!   They play about 250 gigs a year and have a great time doing it!  Have their own label so why not share the love?  Not too shabby either!

IMG-20210413-184255309.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Following up on Houses of The Holy 

With LZ -4- 

This album is a special release that Jimi Page had a hand in remastering from 2014 

Its also a Tri fold LP with a bonus alternative / outtakes mix LP as part of the Deluxe Edition on 180gr 

Also have the first Australian release album 

Artist - Led Zeppelin 

Title - Known as - 4 - 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Untitled/release/6238189

DCD47-CCC-127-A-444-A-8-D35-01-D75-AF8-B

6-F553-D1-E-1-CE5-4-BDA-BE76-CD2-B881-DE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It's a typical April day today in Germany, sun, clouds, rain, snow showers, it's late afternoon and once again time to spin the TT with funky soul music 

The Sound of Florida in 1976 with KC & the Sunshine Band , RCA Label , Printed in Germany 

1492642373_KCtheSunshine.thumb.jpg.f57aaf065858af2884bea7bcc9ab0ed0.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

It's a typical April day today in Germany, sun, clouds, rain, snow showers, it's late afternoon and once again time to spin the TT with funky soul music 

The Sound of Florida in 1976 with KC & the Sunshine Band , RCA Label , Printed in Germany 

1492642373_KCtheSunshine.thumb.jpg.f57aaf065858af2884bea7bcc9ab0ed0.jpg

TopPop was a Dutch television program that has become legendary. Ad Visser presented it from 1970 till 1985 and he was hugely influential in the Netherlands AND in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium, where it was also on the cable. Ad Visser introduced several generations to pop and rock music, while at the same time remaining objective. Best guy ever!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_Visser  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

TopPop was a Dutch television program that has become legendary. Ad Visser presented it from 1970 till 1985 and he was hugely influential in the Netherlands AND in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium, where it was also on the cable. Ad Visser introduced several generations to pop and rock music, while at the same time remaining objective. Best guy ever!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_Visser  

Yes I know this . Holland was the most important country for record imports from the USA and England at that time. In my active time as a DJ I drove every 2 weeks 700 km to Amsterdam to buy the records for our discotheques. It was a great time . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The dinner was very tasty, let's move on. Early evening now ...8 pm.  I did not know that I even own this album and I'm sure I've never heard it. Sounds wonderful to me ....

Bruce Hornsby and the Range " The Way it is "  produced by the famous Huey Lewis ( and the News ) in 1986, RCA Label, printed in Germany

bruce.thumb.jpg.81e2487a9083fb0f21e183c2414cb7e7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

My last one for tonight ...always worth to listen to . Joe Cocker´s " Definite " Collection from 1964 > 1986 .  Dino Label, printed in Germany 

joe1.thumb.jpg.d13e674f8e5052b908849344dd1b35d5.jpg

joe2.thumb.jpg.423ad49d437a993cc31123ec64121f5e.jpg

Remember Joe Cocker singing 'With a little help of your friends', the opening tune of the TV show 'The Wonder Years'? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Bruce Hornsby and the Range " The Way it is "  produced by the famous Huey Lewis ( and the News ) in 1986, RCA Label, printed in Germany

George my friend ... how the heck are you?

I was visiting a friend in Rockford, Illinois many years ago and they had this annual festival where several blocks of the city were closed and there was a huge street festival. Every few blocks was a band.  On one corner was Bruce Hornsby and another block was The Guess Who.  Fun time. 

Hope you are staying well and loving life. 

Peace Always.

Steve

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I was visiting a friend in Rockford, Illinois many years ago and they had this annual festival where several blocks of the city were closed and there was a huge street festival. Every few blocks was a band.  On one corner was Bruce Hornsby and another block was The Guess Who.  Fun time. 

Peace Always.

Steve

We also have a German festival and it’s known as Octoberfest 

Lots and lots of beer is consumed along with German food 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Peace Always.

Steve

Hello Steve , I am very happy that we can hear / read from you again after 4 weeks of absence in the forum.You have changed your appearance. You look good. Was it a cosmetic surgery ? Was it very painful?  smilie_sonst_126.gif

Thank you for asking about my wellbeeing. The winter season is coming to an end, which puts me in a good mood. During the Easter days I was visiting my sister. She lives in the state of "Niedersachsen" near the air base in "Wunstorf" where many A 400 M are stationed. We were often at the " Steinhuder Meer ", which is a 30km2 large lake. Yes they were beautiful days. So my friend .... let's have fun and joy again.

tag-der-bundeswehr-wunstorf-transportflugzeug-Katharina-Kobienia.jpg.212c4ab3cf086105dedfdc6483ba54be.jpg139670552_Steinhuder-Meer-Frhlingsluftkleiner.jpg.69b3cc0b861978582c42bf274c33534e.jpg955464894_steinhuderhausamseekleiner.jpg.970e84d9b826c11bac6bb9fc86b6a6f8.jpgSteinhuder-Meer-Bootekleiner.jpg.da47b529f446e7579419d068bac7028f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1