Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I'm sure you were on top of it!  Prolly pristine outside now.  Winter's right around the corner so I'm sure you'll be throwin the tunes on soon. 

Around here it's just,:"meh" another day.  Gotta few errands to run then I've got to get the paint brush wet and get back to work on the hallways.  Have I ever told you how much fun it is painting 6 doors?  Even w/a cigar roller it's a pita!  Couple coats and back brushing w/all the lil crap to hit on each one?  Time to throw a cd on the Oppo and go I guess.  Already trying to figure out how long I can spend running the errands before I start.  😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Lawd have mercy!  My buddy's on a brush trimmin in the ceiling listenin to some old Joe Walsh on Oppo.  Where's my brush you ask?  Still calling my name. 

Rolled out early and decided today would be the day the long front planter was gonna happen.  6 bags of "enriched" garden soil & 3 flats of flowers went down.  Yes, I'm now almost domesticated.  Guess I'll go get a brush movin.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good man but, I like to have fun watching others have have some fun ...working...

BTW, guess your hoper knows knockoff time Miller Time is around 8 pm... Pacific.

Edited by billybob
Freedom
  • Haha 1

Saturday night and I am listening to an album first released in 1971

Its genre is space rock, psychedelic, Prog and a fairly progressive and experimental album for the time 

Artist - Gong ‎

Title – Camembert Electrique

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Gong-Camembert-Electrique/release/1894812

AD46741-E-3-DBA-4-DF8-8-D08-FB5-B523055-

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 5/13/2021 at 5:07 AM, Dave1291 said:

Kicked back today and just jammed.  

ERIC_CLAPTON_-_2019_CROSSROADS_box_of_6-

Cream_-_BBC_Remaster.jpg

Yes-Yes_Shows.jpg

A few.  Hope everyone is fine.  

I can´t exactly make out the last cover, but it looks a bit like this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/Psyclapse_logo.png

This is the early label of the computer game producer Psygnosis. Maybe some people can remember from the good old C64 & Amiga or Atari times.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

I can´t exactly make out the last cover, but it looks a bit like this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/Psyclapse_logo.png

This is the early label of the computer game producer Psygnosis. Maybe some people can remember from the good old C64 & Amiga or Atari times.

My first computer was an Atari 520 ST - still have it in storage 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I sold my C64, that was stupid. There were a bunch of games that never got ported to other systems.

I had to let go of my Amiga, a move and there was jus no space to put it to or store...

Since i have not made the same mistake with my gaming consoles! Still have my Sega Genesis (+CD), Super NES, Playstation I & II, Game Gear, Atari Lynx, Gamboy Advance & DS and my PSP (flashed custom OS).

• Like 2

Oldest daughter and  my 2 grands totally flipped out about a year ago when I dug into a cabinet here and presented them with "mom's" old Nintendo 64 systemm complete with all lthe games.  Guess it was a pleasant change from playing "Fortnite" on their Xbox systems.  Too funny watching all of the reactions at ones.  I was, "WOW, Dad you kept that for me?"  To "Man this is gonna be soooo cool, you even have Mario and Paperboy.  What are the rest of them?"  Guess she didn't see them for about a week then told me she was playing against them.  Too funny.  :)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Full Range said:

My first computer was an Atari 520 ST - still have it in storage 

Speaking of the ST, took a look at one of my Tangerine Dream CD-booklets some time back, it said the music was done on a Atari ST.

• Like 2

@AndreG. We'll have to do better with our jobs here. Not saying it's a necessity but to not see YES with the artwork and logo is just sad:sad: Have none on cassette except a couple off of the purple one (Close to the Edge) But just search my name here at this thread.

If you've got the time

They'll take you on a trip inside the mind of that artist.

What was the name of that youtube poster that made the incredible art come to life in the videos? Hope he didn't get shut down, I will search some more later.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Speaking of the ST, took a look at one of my Tangerine Dream CD-booklets some time back, it said the music was done on a Atari ST.

Apparently the Atari ST were highly sought after used for music 

The unit had a midi port and software for music mixing 

• Like 3

Good evening good morning my friends!  Sorry to have gone a bit missing lately.  But wanted to stop by and say hello.  Currently over in RTM listening to the usuaul Saturday evening Boston Symphony Orchestra concert from WCRB Boston online.

When I started up this website 'tab', it was still sitting on the page where I had posted my last vinyl selection in some time.  A discussion was in progress about our Dual turntables.

Well, I'm afraid I have some very sad news concerning my beloved Dual 506 :( for you all with an unexpected ending/new beginning!  

I was in movie mode here in Music Hall a few weeks ago and during a very suspensful section of the horror/thriller movie, a very low and loud frequency was rumbling the room via a pair of stacked subwoofers, each with TWO 12" drivers inside.   It was during this time that a VERY LOUD crash occurred in the room which scared me more then what was going on in the movie !!

I turned up the lights, and I could not believe what had happened.  The Klipsch center channel speaker had crawled OFF the glass shelf (rubber stops to keep this from happening even slid forward to the edge!) and had landed two feet below, DIRECTLY onto the Dual 506 !  

The cover was destroyed and the speaker STILL CONNECTED bounced off the turntable and landed on the tile floor face down !  I was upset enough and just turned the lights off and continued watching the movie with the center channel faced into the floor.

Once the movie had ended, I got up and checked out the damages.   My beautiful hard wood plinth I made with my dad was un-touched, but the cover was in many pieces which flew across the room.   The next day, I brought it upstairs for a close inspection.

The speaker went through the cover and landed square onto the tonearm right over the rest post!   The tube was crushed and the head end with the cartridge was bent downward.   I tried to straighten the tube and only made it worse.   I have retired the turntable to storage for parts if ever.   Outside of the tonearm and cover damage, all else survived.

The speaker ended up with a crushed, blown out corner and some scrapes and such, but no damage to the drivers.   I will try to gather up photos and continue with this story very soon to share with you, so stay tuned.    

Thanks for reading and enjoy the day/evening.

• Sad 5

I have a tear in my eye after reading this sad news 

But after a few minutes gathering my thoughts - I put on my engineering hat on and thought 

What a great time for an upgrade 

New lids can be easily replaced

And depending on the budget a new modern arm can be fitted for a new lease on life for the old girl or find a second hand unit 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1