Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

10 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Good evening friends (good morning Paul).  

Ok, here in Music Hall, put together some photos of what NOT to have happen to your beloved turntable.    Here is only a moment after the mishap.DSCN7102.jpg

DSCN7107.jpg

https://horiatis76.com/products/dual-turntable-aftermarket-dust-cover-506-604-606-721-1241-1242-1245-1246

https://www.tpharous.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=209066

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yup, it's goin down again!  

Live @ the Forum, October 16, 1968 finito, done, over for Cream!  Amazing show I was told but it wasn't in the cards.  I mean we're talkin a 13 minute version of Ginger workin out on "Toad!"  Then the B side of LP #2 is "Spoonfull?"  I couldn't wait to get this one!  All the way from London and one of 2,500.  Sounds just freakin ahhhhmazing!  :)

IMG-20210515-195407060.jpg

Followed with Jimi's new "People, Hell & Angels" comprised of 12 previous unreleased studio recordings?  Toss in some guests like Stephen Stills on "Somewhere" and, Buddy Miles on "Hear That Train A Comin?"   The Hendrix family is makin some cool green stuff with this one.  Tight and amazingly clean so move over and let Jimi take over!  😂  😎 

IMG-20210516-164000293-1.jpg

Just finished a day of slingin that paint.  Gettin closer!   😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Yup, it's goin down again!  

Live @ the Forum, October 16, 1968 finito, done, over for Cream!  Amazing show I was told but it wasn't in the cards.  I mean we're talkin a 13 minute version of Ginger workin out on "Toad!"  Then the B side of LP #2 is "Spoonfull?"  I couldn't wait to get this one!  All the way from London and one of 2,500.  Sounds just freakin ahhhhmazing!  :)

Followed with Jimi's new "People, Hell & Angels" comprised of 12 previous unreleased studio recordings?  Toss in some guests like Stephen Stills on "Somewhere" and, Buddy Miles on "Hear That Train A Comin?"   The Hendrix family is makin some cool green stuff with this one.  Tight and amazingly clean so move over and let Jimi take over!  😂  😎 

Just finished a day of slingin that paint.  Gettin closer!   😂

Oh Yea, I can't get into painting anymore without some good R&R playing!

Must have been the 50 - 60 hours a week doing it without any for years.

• Like 4

DUAL PARTS

Check out Dual Fred in Germany, may have e-bay store as well

https://www.dualfred.de/

Turned off his web site and went on vacation until the 20th, God Bless him.

Also aluminum tube may be on the shelf in the local ACE HW store, they have a small display with lots of fine metal parts

You may also be able to order the tube, measure carefully with calipers in MM, diameter and thickness

can be cut with pipe cutters. Weighed with kitchen scale and ends sanded to adjust weight slightly.

A new case top may be sourced on e-bay, not original, but better than zero

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bubo said:

DUAL PARTS

Check out Dual Fred in Germany, may have e-bay store as well

https://www.dualfred.de/

Turned off his web site and went on vacation until the 20th, God Bless him.

Also aluminum tube may be on the shelf in the local ACE HW store, they have a small display with lots of fine metal parts

You may also be able to order the tube, measure carefully with calipers in MM, diameter and thickness

can be cut with pipe cutters. Weighed with kitchen scale and ends sanded to adjust weight slightly.

A new case top may be sourced on e-bay, not original, but better than zero

Thank you Mike and Bubo for the links on my Dual 506 !   

What I was somewhat dead ended on was REMOVING the tube from the gimble mount!  Could not figure that out, as there are no fasteners that I can see to free it.  I was going to take it to our organ shop where we work on small pipes for pipe organs and have a FULL mandrel set for such a purpose.

Not to disappoint you all, but I believe the B.I.C. is now the new replacement in the VINTAGE system (not just a passing turntable), it sounds very good to my ears and for sure on par with the Dual 506, which has had it's share of not so favoured reviews back in the day :o 

After nearly 3 days of restorative work on it to like new operation, INCLUDING breaking down and servicing the 24 pole syncronus motor completely and many other components, it has become a 'keeper'.

Next up?   I am restoring a Bang and Olufsen 6500 series audio system from 1990.  Have a beautifully working Beomaster amp/receiver,  just restored the Beocord cassette system with all NEW belts shipped from Denmark, and now working on the Beogram CD player.  The amazing desk top control center is also working nicely.   Just trying to decide which speakers to run with that system.  I have two pair of restored Allisons from 1986.  Including the very rare 130 model which are 3-ways in real 'teak' veneer.

So, that is all the news from Longfellow Music Hall,  looking forward to posting more vinyl here,  played on the B.I.C. 960, in full MANUAL mode of course ;).

Cheers my friends 🍷

• Like 4

Just arrived in the mail 

Currently in the record cleaner and will play them as time allows 

This is an artist with a cult status and just like Genesis has a tribute band 

Adding to the collection another 5 titles from Mrs Mills 

I now need to find Jumbo Party Volume 2 

8-E1-E490-C-C3-A6-47-AA-BF83-78674-F9-C3

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

Just arrived in the mail 

Currently in the record cleaner and will play them as time allows 

This is an artist with a cult status and just like Genesis has a tribute band 

Adding to the collection another 5 titles from Mrs Mills 

I now need to find Jumbo Party Volume 2 

8-E1-E490-C-C3-A6-47-AA-BF83-78674-F9-C3

I see the similarities

C5mcIFOWcAA7emg.jpg

• Haha 4

Neil Diamond, Jonathan Livingston Seagull. 

This week's thriftstore find...

On the importance of education:

This album sparked my interest in music. When I was in the first  year of high school, we had one period per week 'music education', taught by Mr Werner Van Damme. This was 40 years ago. The man introduced us to classical music (Peer Gynt Suite),  and also to popular music such as The Beatles (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band), and this Neil Diamond record. He also taught us to play the recorder, which I was terrible at, but my love for music is everlasting...

PSX_20210522_205422.jpg

Mr. Van Damme, high school music teacher, Sint-Aloysiuscollege Menen, Belgium.

I later became a teacher myself, and had the honor of being a colleague of his, until he retired.

Dirigent - Koninklijke Harmonie De Eendracht Wevelgem

• Like 6

Second album of this week's thriftstore find. €1

Leonard Bernstein - Kiri Te Kanawa · José Carreras · Tatiana Troyanos · Kurt Ollmann · Marilyn Horne - West Side Story

Url: https://www.discogs.com/Leonard-Bernstein-Kiri-Te-Kanawa-José-Carreras-Tatiana-Troyanos-Kurt-Ollmann-Marilyn-Horne-West-Sid/release/3741859

Shared from the Discogs App

Review: https://www.gramophone.co.uk/features/article/bernstein-s-west-side-story 

PSX_20210522_224258.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, good morning!   Wanted to be SURE to stop by and let you all in on the VERY FIRST PLAY with the restored B.I.C. 960 turntable.   The new, Swiss made stylus is in place and this will be the trial run!   Again, I thank Mike (Dirt Mudd) for the lovely one of many gifts with this Marillion, newly remastered LP set on 180 gram vinyl.

Here is the front cover artwork....IMG-0337.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

....alas, onto Side TWO....  Here, a closeup of the brand new stylus for the Shure cartridge.  I will say, this sounds surprisingly wonderful considering the age of this machine!IMG-0343.jpg

• Like 3

Here is a vibe photo.  The THEATER audio system is in use for this Sunday night vinyl spinning here in Longfellow Music Hall.  Marantz SR-6011 AVR in discrete 2 channel mode, NO gimicks or enhancements, utilizing the photo stage that is built in and the trusty Klipsch RP-280F towers.  I'm impressed and do not long for the Dual 506 believe it or not!  

Cheers my friends 🍷IMG-0344.jpg

• Like 4