Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@MicroMara

Hey man, I'm not much of a religious man, so instead of praying, I'm playing music when I think of a person I care for.

So for the last two days, I've been thinking about what song would help your wife and you to get through this, and I think this is the one: Van Morrison and Joss Stone, Wild Honey!

PSX_20210610_230655.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

@MicroMara

Hey man, I'm not much of a religious man, so instead of praying, I'm playing music when I think of a person I care for.

So for the last two days, I've been thinking about what song would help your wife and you to get through this, and I think this is the one: Van Morrison and Joss Stone, Wild Honey!

PSX_20210610_230655.jpg

or

• Like 4

Interesting new (to me) argument pro vinyl albums of classical music

Today is Record Store Day and in a Belgian quality newspaper, there was an article about it, offering an interesting argument why vinyl is still worthwhile.

First they stated that a vinyl record is per definition more colored than digital recordings, and therefore most music lovers will prefer a colorless (neutral) high resolution digital recording.

Second issue is: why are there so little new recordings on vinyl of classical music? Answer: the recording time of vinyl records is limited to 2x 24 minutes, so where do you cut in order to turn to side b? Which parts/scenes do you skip?

The third argument is in favor of vinyl records: editing in the digital era is sometimes done from bar to bar (chosing the best of each recording session), stitching it all together in post, while in the past, an artist perhaps could choose the best recording of a movement/section/part, all of which are much longer than a bar. So the old records are therefore much closer to life performances, with their imperfections included, resulting in a more realistic and natural impression (and expression) of the artist/orchestra/piece.

Source: https://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20210611_97753117

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

Today is Record Store Day

To commemorate this day I have purchased a box set 

An email came with a special offer that I could not refuse 

The box set is the Pink Floyd P.U.L.S.E. (Live) (Limited Deluxe Edition 180gm Vinyl) (2018 Reissue)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't dropped here but haven't checked the July drop list yet.  I'm gonna own it just cause!  Should sound stellar on vinyl.  It won't eat much down the road but man what a first bite at that price!  Let us know please!  :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Wasn't dropped here but haven't checked the July drop list yet.  I'm gonna own it just cause!  Should sound stellar on vinyl.  It won't eat much down the road but man what a first bite at that price!  Let us know please!  :)

I will do a mini review of SQ and overall listening pleasure 

The cost was $140 AU - and could not resist ( Brand new sealed ) 

• Like 2