Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Hi  😁

The French are generally chauvinistic, but I like other teams. At the moment in France we have a very good team with exceptional players, Mbappé in particular is very strong and Pogba is brilliant, the rest of the team is also at the top. In my opinion I think the Belgians are among the favorites, I like this team, the other very strong ones are Germany, Italy and France.

Tonight France - Switzerland: There are 6 of us at home and tonight there are 5 supporters for Switzerland and 1 for France, me

b29ef5f13c705578060ac52c4714622b.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mustang_flht said:

Hi  😁

The French are generally chauvinistic, but I like other teams. At the moment in France we have a very good team with exceptional players, Mbappé in particular is very strong and Pogba is brilliant, the rest of the team is also at the top. In my opinion I think the Belgians are among the favorites, I like this team, the other very strong ones are Germany, Italy and France.

Tonight France - Switzerland: There are 6 of us at home and tonight there are 5 supporters for Switzerland and 1 for France, me

b29ef5f13c705578060ac52c4714622b.jpg

Vive la France. Vous devrez gagner aujourd'hui contre la Suisse et jouer contre l'Espagne.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Soccer world champion France can no longer become European champion, lose to the team of Switzerland, the glaring outsider. Who would have thought that, after a 3 : 1 lead then 3 : 3 in overtime, lose in the penalty shootout. You played like real world champions at times, I'm sorry @mustang_flht but now the Swiss are playing against the Spanish. That´s football, you´ll never know until the game is over .

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Of Topic now ....

@MeloManiac  , @mustang_flht , @AndreG., so friends ....whose gonna win the european soccer championship ?  Since yesterday the Portugese and Netherlands are kicked out , France and Belgium are very very good , Germany ? No idea right now , may they ´ll win against England at Wembley , Spain is very strong as well , any opinions ?

Ole Ole Ole Ole 

I pick Spain and Germany for the final 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Of Topic now ....

@MeloManiac  , @mustang_flht , @AndreG., so friends ....whose gonna win the european soccer championship ?  Since yesterday the Portugese and Netherlands are kicked out , France and Belgium are very very good , Germany ? No idea right now , may they ´ll win against England at Wembley , Spain is very strong as well , any opinions ?

Well, with France out of the way (thank you, Switzerland), I think we, Belgians, are best qualified to win this tournament! Italy is a tough competitor too, though. Well, the ball is round and can roll in any direction, I guess. I just hope for fair matches with no injuries.

• Like 4

Hi everyone,

To stay in the general theme of vinyls and a little football (soccer for US) at the moment, and especially because I am not resentful today 🥵😁

https://www.discogs.com/fr/Various-30-Jahre-Jazz-Made-In-Switzerland-1935-1965/release/11369027

DSC_0545.thumb.JPG.a9da3bcb62f3f040c38a7542ca9e4a0b.JPG

DSC_0547.thumb.JPG.1aba65cbb443f7c35af68f49c5cd8f2f.JPG

DSC_0546.thumb.JPG.cbd6d1ecdb7d79fa622bb486003d50bf.JPG

Notice the real "Made in Switzerland" engraved on the black part

DSC_0548.thumb.JPG.60d1eaa9d296eb1c67c7ac681c47362b.JPG

1950098435_DSC_05482.JPG.94822569dcce84123120b90d42fe9031.JPG

• Like 6

With the Tour de France on its way, with plenty of falls and injuries, does anybody have the vinyl record of Kraftwerk's Tour de France?

https://www.discogs.com/Kraftwerk-Tour-De-France/master/78835 

A couple of months ago, I held it in my hands in the record shop, but then put it back, and now I so much regret not buying it...

Tour De France album cover

Screenshot_20210629_164646.jpg

• Like 6

I have 2xLPs Radioactivity that I bought recently, but not Tour de France, too bad. For many their best LP is The Man-Machine, but they're all awesome. Do you know the German duo NEU! it was the rhythm section of the beginning of the group Kraftwerk: I recommend the first disc of 1971: NEU!

Kraftwerk is a band that I have known since 1975, I have the 45T Radioactivity of the time at the top among others.

Hey @MeloManiac I have lots of Belgian records, I'll have to put one or two for you soon to support the team

• Like 5

This surfaced and is now spinnin it's lil heart out.  Melissa Manchester?  Yea, this woman CAN cook!  One great voice back in the day and she's still throwin em down today on her tours.  Met up with her again a few years ago up on Lake Erie and had some major laffs.  Great person and more than carries her load.  Her 3rd LP from 1975.  Cleaned w/the VPI and sounds amazing.  Been a long time!  Number 12 on the US charts with "Midnight Blue" reaching #6 that year.

IMG-20210630-212306696.jpg

Just a lil frippertronics from 1980.  Robert Fripp's second solo LP.

IMG-20210630-215452567.jpg

:)

Starting to get ready for a road trip to Phoenix in September to see this gaggle of misfits.  Can't wait.  Hot date w/my youngest daughter.  A few surprises for her if things work out.  

Eagles-Hotel_California.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Slipped back into 1975 for just a lil bit of Rock n Roll earlier.  Lennon's 6th studio album amid all kinds of lawsuits yet hit #6 here in the US.  Crave a bit of old 50's and 60's rock n roll just have a lil throw down and let it alllll out!  Great album!

IMG-20210701-000205240.jpg

Welllllll, @Full Range I'm not gonna be a spoiler but if ANYONE in here likes Styx you're crazy if you don't pick this one up.  Yup, it's Styx all the way thru BUT that's ALL I'm gonna say!   :)

IMG-20210701-212546160-HDR.jpg

Carry on it's only about 10PM here and I'm just getting started!  hahaha  Poor fella's!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today it’s raining and we are on a 4 day Covid19 lockdown 

So what does an old audiophile do 

Well most would play music but I decided to re commission a 40 year old amp 

This amp was in production from 1978 to 1980 and is the baby of the lineup but in the all new format from previous amps that had timber sides ect 

I present the Sansui AU117 ( I also have matching tuner the TU217) 
It’s actually the Sleeping Beauty to the uninitiated 

Power output: 15 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo) ( Plenty of watts for high efficiency Klipsch speakers ) 

Frequency response: 10Hz to 40kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.17%

Damping factor: 50

Input sensitivity: 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (line)

Signal to noise ratio: 76dB (MM), 94dB (line)

Channel separation: 65dB (MM), 68dB (line)

Output: 150mV (line)

Speaker load impedance: 8Ω (minimum)

Semiconductors: 25 x transistors, 7 x diodes, 1 x zener diode, 1 x LED

Dimensions: 430 x 110 x 340mm

Weight: 6.4kg

Year: 1978

26013032-DB57-4981-8750-F3-C265-EF0176.j

F908-A6-DA-16-DA-4615-BAFF-E6-F747-E223-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Today it’s raining and we are on a 4 day Covid19 lockdown 

So what does an old audiophile do 

Well most would play music but I decided to re commission a 40 year old amp 

This amp was in production from 1978 to 1980 and is the baby of the lineup but in the all new format from previous amps that had timber sides ect 

I present the Sansui AU117 ( I also have matching tuner the TU217) 
It’s actually the Sleeping Beauty to the uninitiated 

Power output: 15 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo) ( Plenty of watts for high efficiency Klipsch speakers ) 

Frequency response: 10Hz to 40kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.17%

Damping factor: 50

Input sensitivity: 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (line)

Signal to noise ratio: 76dB (MM), 94dB (line)

Channel separation: 65dB (MM), 68dB (line)

Output: 150mV (line)

Speaker load impedance: 8Ω (minimum)

Semiconductors: 25 x transistors, 7 x diodes, 1 x zener diode, 1 x LED

Dimensions: 430 x 110 x 340mm

Weight: 6.4kg

Year: 1978

26013032-DB57-4981-8750-F3-C265-EF0176.j

F908-A6-DA-16-DA-4615-BAFF-E6-F747-E223-

Wake up that princess! 

This is an Amp that was 0n my shortlist to buy used, but then I stumbled upon the Leben. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

Wake up that princess! 

This is an Amp that was 0n my shortlist to buy used, but then I stumbled upon the Leven. 

My very first amp was the Sansui AU217 but foolishly sold it long time ago 

Saw the error of my way and looked for a Sansui AU317 to replace it but had no luck 

Found the AU117 instead by lucky chance and quickly snapped it up - never looked back 

Edit - The only thing I miss is the pre out isolation 

• Like 2