Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

image.png.5c711ebc66dd58af6de5ebe8e9c05dd1.png

Tonight's EC match is Belgium vs Italy, so I thought I would help the Belgian team preparing for the game MeloManiac-style.

To my distress, I must admit that I have very little Italy-related vinyl records. I have this classical album juxtaposing three composition called Romeo and Juliet, and then I have a number of Tino Rossi albums I inherited from my mum, which I never listen to, and of which Wikipedia says it he's French. I think Wiki is wrong...

Anyhow, I want to say hi to the Italians, and also the great Italian community in Belgium. I've enjoyed the games of the Italians up to now, I like their style of playing. I'm sure it will be a great game tonight, and no matter who wins, I'll be having a Belgian beer during the game! Good luck to both teams!

This is perhaps the most famous Italo-Belgian singer we have. He's still alive and kicking (pun intended). His worldwide hit, Marina, dates back to 1959. He's loved and admired both in the Dutch, French and Italian community in Belgium: the great Rocco Granata!

Recently, a biographical movie was made about Rocco:

PSX_20210702_075419.jpg

PSX_20210702_074724.jpg

• Like 5

Still spinning some old favourite LP titles 

This time it’s Genesis with a classic LP 

I have 2 different pressings of this LP - The 1972 UK textured gatefold and the US reissue 

Artist - Genesis 

Title - Foxtrot 

Playing the US version today - https://www.discogs.com/Genesis-Foxtrot/release/3110056

D859414-F-CDE9-4-BBC-B831-6058-FA381515.

• Like 5

If anyone is interested in easy but not expensive ways to clean ones record's then this equipment tip may come in useful 

On most occasions I actually use an Artline whiteboard eraser 

The modern ones have a beautiful pad that is perfect for record cleaning and is also reversible 

Top side 

6-FA9-FA0-E-91-A1-4-D48-B52-A-45708-BA0-

On the underside there are 3 sections / divisions 

Just apply the record cleaner fluid of your choice down the centre segment and let the device do its thing 

Afterwards you can dry with a soft microfibre cloth 

61-A95-D80-598-F-4-D7-B-A926-451-BDC57-E

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, good morning friends!   Been a bit of a time away, but wanted to hit up some new vinyl tonight.   I have been a fan of this 'retro wave' group for some time now.  I have stopped buying vinyl a while back because I just don't have any more room here and I am trying to down size as well.   BUT, I decided to pull the trigger last week at their website merch page.   This is my first listen to their music on vinyl!   Always been in digital form.   This sounds very warm and full to my ears, great low end too!   I am also surprised how quiet the record is!   

Here then, the front cover artwork............IMG-0591.jpg

• Like 3

......the back side with song titles....    It was the SECOND track that a youtube stereo demo had a short clip of.  The song title and group flashed on the screen.  I've been hooked ever since.   Their newest efforts are wonderfully done.  Most all their albums are also now released on CASSETTE !  IMG-0592.jpg

• Like 3

Nice promo Paul. Guess what, those LPs bequeathed to me last year? Spent some time with the former owner of all of them yesterday. Obviously brilliant engineer type nice guy and attitude wise? We shared a lot of the same traits that I recall having in common with my peers years ago in school. & this generous man is from a decade earlier than myself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Nice promo Paul. Guess what, those LPs bequeathed to me last year? Spent some time with the former owner of all of them yesterday. Obviously brilliant engineer type nice guy and attitude wise? We shared a lot of the same traits that I recall having in common with my peers years ago in school. & this generous man is from a decade earlier than myself.

Finding someone with similar traits is like finding a needle in a haystack 

Some of my kindred spirits are the many members that regularly participate on this thread but  @dirtmudd and yourself are very close 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Paul and John for your likes.   Glad to have a little time to spin and share with you all.   With that, since the Marantz is all warmed up, I am going to xover to movie mode.   All have a good evening and in your case Paul, a good day to you.

See you all soon....   ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Looks like im in a Genesis phase 

This album is one of two I have of a much loved record 

Found it at a record fair and is in NM condition ( Stamped as a sample record ) 

Artist - Genesis 

Title - Nursery Cryme 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Genesis-Nursery-Cryme/release/4731311

5-F9-ED1-AA-DFA7-4359-8-C95-C0-A9-F308-B

A5-BE2-B4-C-6-A5-F-4-A3-D-9612-C4-BE9-B0

play me my song here it comes again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Looks like im in a Genesis phase 

This album is one of two I have of a much loved record 

Found it at a record fair and is in NM condition ( Stamped as a sample record ) 

Artist - Genesis 

Title - Nursery Cryme 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Genesis-Nursery-Cryme/release/4731311

5-F9-ED1-AA-DFA7-4359-8-C95-C0-A9-F308-B

A5-BE2-B4-C-6-A5-F-4-A3-D-9612-C4-BE9-B0

• Like 3

23 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

image.png.5c711ebc66dd58af6de5ebe8e9c05dd1.png

Tonight's EC match is Belgium vs Italy, so I thought I would help the Belgian team preparing for the game MeloManiac-style.

To my distress, I must admit that I have very little Italy-related vinyl records. I have this classical album juxtaposing three composition called Romeo and Juliet, and then I have a number of Tino Rossi albums I inherited from my mum, which I never listen to, and of which Wikipedia says it he's French. I think Wiki is wrong...

Anyhow, I want to say hi to the Italians, and also the great Italian community in Belgium. I've enjoyed the games of the Italians up to now, I like their style of playing. I'm sure it will be a great game tonight, and no matter who wins, I'll be having a Belgian beer during the game! Good luck to both teams!

This is perhaps the most famous Italo-Belgian singer we have. He's still alive and kicking (pun intended). His worldwide hit, Marina, dates back to 1959. He's loved and admired both in the Dutch, French and Italian community in Belgium: the great Rocco Granata!

Recently, a biographical movie was made about Rocco:

PSX_20210702_075419.jpg

PSX_20210702_074724.jpg

Congratulations to our Italian friends! 

They deserve their win. Flashes of brilliant bravado and skills, really going for the game play.

Italy deserves to be champion of the tournament!

• Like 4

Hit the brick wall last night, received the news from our best friend being diagnosed with breast cancer. Young woman in her early forties. 

Indulging in 3 new vinyl albums as a way of escapism and to give my brain some rest: The Great Ray Charles, Cream's Wheels of Fire, Elvis Costello's Punch the Clock. 

PSX_20210703_130416.jpg

PSX_20210703_130325.jpg

PSX_20210703_130344.jpg

• Like 6