Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Hi Dave and all others here....

Well, things are developing for the hopefully positive. My wife has to go back to the hospital tomorrow, where she is now receiving cortisone infusions after the professors determined that the nerve endings in the spinal cord are frayed. The doctors see this as the actual cause of my wife's right-sided movement restrictions. I hope these infusions will help her.All we can do is to trust the doctors right now.

My children have been on vacation in France for a few days, which is good, so at least they have some distance from the problems at home.

Well, and me? I ride my bike a lot, have to take care of the garden, enjoy the summer as much as I can. My audio system is out of order for weeks, I had the system on almost every day last winter and spring, so a longer break can not hurt. 

Here is my new pimped lawn mower that goes ....like a Formula 1 Racecar

0009.jpg.9b96bf9d19f809df76eac64d34416124.jpg

Well, I just finished trimming my huge hedge, something I hate doing. See picture. Can't wait until 'hedge trimming drones' can be purchased, I'd call it the 'Hedge Chopper'. 

@MicroMaraKeep the faith! Hope the procedure will help. 

PSX_20210715_072843.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The weather is going crazy! Where I live (green provinces) the sun is shining, while in the east of Belgium, severe flooding with people drowning and whole cities flooded. Many casualties, more than 5, wit many missing, in Germany over 20 casualties. Rain will keep falling until tomorrow morning. 

BBC News - Germany floods: At least 33 dead and dozens missing after record rain
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57846200

Screenshot_20210715_144545.jpg

Trying to be connected, without cynicism or sarcasm, put on Handel's Watermusic. Keep safe!

PSX_20210715_145543.jpg

• Like 7

Part one of this weeks bounty after a visit to the local thriftstore (I bought about 10 albums in total).

These two I'm enjoying all day:

1) Jon and Vangelis, The Friends of Mr Cairo: a very big surprise for me was the song 'The State of Independence', which I only knew from the Donna Summer cover (?). This music is new to me and I'm pleasantly surprised! 

2) Vangelis, Chariots of Fire: with the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games about to begin, a very appropriate title...

PSX_20210715_204523.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

And here's the rest of the Thrifstore bounty... 

1) Neil Diamond live, double album... Can't miss with that one!

2) Two Herb Alpert albums... I was intrigued by the fact that the cover pictures were used from the same photoshoot. Same clothes, same people in the picture. Different songs.

3) Tom Jones Delilah? and Frank Sinatra's Christmas album. Wow!!!

4) Then 4 classical albums, of which 2 are particular interesting: those with Eugene Ormandy conducting. Isaac Stern's is mono, but a very convincing performance.

PSX_20210715_205749.jpg

PSX_20210715_205714.jpg

PSX_20210715_205649.jpg

PSX_20210715_205513.jpg

PSX_20210715_205446.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spinning a selection of Alice Cooper LPs 

I did promise you that I would 😎

Artist - Alice Cooper 

Title - Million Dollar Babies, Killer, Welcome To My Nightmare, Muscle Of Love 

PS 

I purchased a hard to find amplifier and collecting it tomorrow 

So more on that later 🤘

AF54-C533-D6-D7-403-F-93-CB-E7-C4-C93-E6

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Oh yea, just what we need to see...  ANOTHER hard to find amp in YOUR hands.  Here we go again...  More drool to wipe from out chinny-chin-chins...   Alice?  Sure and now ya got me thunkin on that one...  RSD tomorrow and I've got another stinking list.  Never stops...  Nevah!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Full Range said:

Spinning a selection of Alice Cooper LPs 

I did promise you that I would 😎

Artist - Alice Cooper 

Title - Million Dollar Babies, Killer, Welcome To My Nightmare, Muscle Of Love 

PS 

I purchased a hard to find amplifier and collecting it tomorrow 

So more on that later 🤘

AF54-C533-D6-D7-403-F-93-CB-E7-C4-C93-E6

Some killer selection man.

Maybe we can get some time in.

A cool thanks for sure.

Live nice show. Loud, lol.

• Like 4

On 7/15/2021 at 2:59 PM, MeloManiac said:

And here's the rest of the Thrifstore bounty... 

1) Neil Diamond live, double album... Can't miss with that one!

2) Two Herb Alpert albums... I was intrigued by the fact that the cover pictures were used from the same photoshoot. Same clothes, same people in the picture. Different songs.

3) Tom Jones Delilah? and Frank Sinatra's Christmas album. Wow!!!

4) Then 4 classical albums, of which 2 are particular interesting: those with Eugene Ormandy conducting. Isaac Stern's is mono, but a very convincing performance.

PSX_20210715_205749.jpg

PSX_20210715_205714.jpg

PSX_20210715_205649.jpg

PSX_20210715_205513.jpg

PSX_20210715_205446.jpg

Cool

• Like 1

Might be the wrong thread for this but ya better jump if you see it.  Hit mine today a bit and it's a double thumbs up for sure.  I'm sure EC gave the okie dokie for this one...  Amaing rendition!  Sold out everywhere I've looked for a second copy...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Some killer selection man.

Maybe we can get some time in.

A cool thanks for sure.

Live nice show. Loud, lol.

I also went to an open air concert for Welcome To My Nightmare 

Never recovered from that - so bloody good 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Absentmindedly my hand decided to pick up this double album 

Great choice if I say so myself 😎

Prog at its finest 

Artist - Renaissance 

Title - Live at Carnegie Hall 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Renaissance-Live-At-Carnegie-Hall/release/2127656

CD2-B8-A8-F-15-C0-4656-A98-A-498-B9-C267

I don't know about the album... but that crossover must be the coolest ever barebone around! 😎👌

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

FullRange is sneaky like that and I'm soooo NOT buying that absentmindedly crap!

Yay, I just killed that fly that got inside!  Been driving me nuts for two days.  We all know what "they" say about flies landing on ya...  😂

Gonna be cookin w/gas verrrrrry shortly and the pile is huge!  Wait!!!  It's RSD too.  Can I do both?  Ugh!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I don't know about the album... but that crossover must be the coolest ever barebone around! 😎👌

well ...there´s competion in the house smilie_op_020.gif.....my external RF7 EvoTec X-Over .....smilie_op_019.gif

Weiche1.jpg.d1c81f798bb9e9ab78b724c37bef5de7.jpg

• Like 6

I have repaired one of my favourite amps - Just needed a On/Off toggle switch 

Hand made in Canada The Blue Circle  🔵 BmPH , it’s a heavy beast at 30kg 

Now testing it out with an album that has been a favourite since I purchased it way back when it was released 

Artist - 801 

Title - 801 Live 

801 is - Phil Manzanera, Brian Eno, Bill MacCormick, Francis Monkman, Simon Philips and Lloyd Watson 

Experimental rock band formed in 1976 after the temporary disbanding of Roxy Music by Phil Manzanera, Brian Eno, Bill MacCormick, Francis Monkman, Simon Phillips and Lloyd Watson. The group performed three critically acclaimed concerts at Norfolk, the Reading festival and London's Queen Elizabeth Hall. The final concert was recorded and released as 801 Live. A studio album; Listen Now - recorded at various dates during the mid 1970s - was released in 1977.

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/801-801-Live/release/1883206

724-E0-B8-F-F10-F-4-EE7-A12-E-A002-E5-D9

• Like 4

Oh yea, just another heavy amp calling your name.  So you went into duh mode and stole it from someone.   I get that.    😂

Wish I had those albums.  I remember when Eno was doing those.  Another testament to my age!  hahaha

Heading to jam night shortly knowing you've stolen a killer amp, replaced a switch and are laffin all the way to the bank.  I get it.  I really do.  😂   I'm not even gonna ask for a picture cause I know there's one coming.

BTW, include a pic of that grand of yours while your at it.  She's got to be growing like a pretty lil flower.  Aussie chicks are like that.  :)

Scuse me while I mumble more on the way to the shower.   😂

Mission accomplished on the RSD goodies.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Oh yea, just another heavy amp calling your name.  So you went into duh mode and stole it from someone.   I get that.    😂

Wish I had those albums.  I remember when Eno was doing those.  Another testament to my age!  hahaha

Heading to jam night shortly knowing you've stolen a killer amp, replaced a switch and are laffin all the way to the bank.  I get it.  I really do.  😂   I'm not even gonna ask for a picture cause I know there's one coming.

BTW, include a pic of that grand of yours while your at it.  She's got to be growing like a pretty lil flower.  Aussie chicks are like that.  :)

Scuse me while I mumble more on the way to the shower.   😂

Mission accomplished on the RSD goodies.  :)

Dave , mate 
I have had the Blue Circle 🔵  amp for 6 or so years - Bloody great amp 

That other amp I mentioned fell through because it shat itself when testing - dropped a channel and then no volume 

So I saved my money to use on future record purchases 😎🤪 or a custom built record storage unit 

Wife wants the record unit and everything in its place - No it’s not messy just bloated 

Most people don’t know this about Brian Eno 

Brian Eno composed the Windows 95 startup sound. He made it on a Mac, too. It's one of the most instantly recognisable pieces of music ever, so much so that you probably don't readily identify it as music - the Windows 95 startup sound. Is like a heavenly chime.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2021 at 6:27 PM, MicroMara said:

Even in Germany that´s their worldwide marketing strategy , to be exclusive..for a more or less exclusive target groups ...

@Tigerman your Martin Logan Electrostats  needs a powerful Tubeamp....Made the same experience in the past with QUAD  ESL 63 , they performed close to perfection with a tubeamp

Good evening my friends here in Paul's 'place'  ;).  I just read all your comments on the restored Bang and Olufsen 6500 system.  Thank YOU everyone for contributing your knowlege on marketing, and stores that sold them in your various areas of the world.  I am totally new to owning their product and all I can say is, VERY impressed!   And yes JohnJ, the large cassette drawer and CD carrige have good drive belts and  lots of fresh lithuim grease on the slides and glide in and out quietly and easily.

MicroMara, thanks for the suggestion of tubes....,  the NEW Martin Logans are a very warm sounding electrostatic NOT what most people think when they imagine an Estat.  My good friend and audio dealer paired them with the Parasound class AB amp and preamp.  It would be huge $$$ to get a tube amp with the punch of the Parasound A21. Happily, that combo was only $3600.

Martin Logan recommends a poweramp with 400watts per channel at 4 ohms which the A21 is.  It is amazing how huge a sound comes out of something you can see through :lol:.   The system plays as loud as you can stand it, and I have never hit the limit or seen any clip lights on the amp.

Now, as most everyone knows, I was in the tube camp for the better part of 14 years with my Klipschorns and Dynaco MK 3 mono amps and the PAS-2 all restored and UN modded.   Alas, it was time to move them on to a new owner who purchased the complete set and enjoys them to this day.    I just wanted to do a 180 degree turn from horns, cones, domes and boxes on the main system.  However, I still enjoy my Klipsch Reference Premier towers on the other systems as well.  Nice to be able to change it up.

Well, sorry for the long writing, but I am enjoying a vintage jazz recording from the Qobuz library and wanted to stop by and say hello and say thanks, and for the Bang and Olufsen auction link!

I look forward to spinning up some vinyl again soon.  The B.I.C. needs another workout :)   

• Like 4