Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 7/17/2021 at 3:03 AM, MeloManiac said:

I don't know about the album... but that crossover must be the coolest ever barebone around! 😎👌

I’ve got that LP!  I saw Renaissance live at Convocation Hall at the University of Toronto, in 1977 or so.  It was the first band I’d seen that had a bass guitar as the lead instrument.  I think that Jon Lord was the bass player at that time.  Annie Haslam’s lead vocals were other-worldly, and combined with the lead bass, they gave me an experience that I remember to this day.

• Like 2

Back to the 60s with this album 

When gay meant happy ( yes a couple of songs have gay in the words ) 

I pretty sure that no one has this album ( but happy to be proven wrong ) 

What an underrated voice 

Artist  - Doris Day 

Title - Sings Her Greatest Movie Hits 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/master/view/383590

This album is in mint condition and plays fantastic 

DF915127-CC06-4-A4-C-9-DC1-89-EB9-DE9765

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Back to the 60s with this album 

When gay meant happy ( yes a couple of songs have gay in the words ) 

Incorrect! In the early 1960s, Marvin Gay(e) added a 'e' just for that reason: "Before the release of his first single, Gaye changed the spelling of his surname by adding an e, in the same way as did Sam Cooke. Author David Ritz wrote that Gaye did this to silence rumors of his sexuality, and to put more distance between himself and his father.[50]"

His father, by the way, was a reverend (minister) who used to cross-dress, and shot Marvin Gaye after a dispute, in LA, on the eve of his 45th birthday.

I often wonder why he changed it from Gay to Gaye. Why not from Marvin Gay to Marvin May,  a nice alliteration, like Doris Day?

I'm goofing.

I admire Marvin Gaye, he's one of my heroes.

https://www.pbs.org/video/history-of-the-word-gay-bcbiuu/

• Like 4

Man Paul you're OLD!  😂  😂  😂

Ya got me.  NO Doris Day but I do have some Glenn Miller.  :) 

That would be Glenn with 2 "n's."  Never knew that Melo!  Thanks!

Doris Day...               😂

💓

Don't know if he's related to Glenn with 2 n's or not but can we pick up the pace a lil bit Paul?  😂

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I got the hint with many posts of this record on social media 

It’s the 50th anniversary of 

Artist - Black Sabbath 

Title - Master Of Reality 

My album is a first pressing 🤘 Must have been cool back then 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Black-Sabbath-Master-Of-Reality/release/2867488

588-CAD44-DA42-4-B42-A4-E5-BADC10-D11-F3

my favorite Sabbath album

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

Hello my friends here on Spinnin' V   Well, it is Friday night, and as I wanted last week, listening to the B.I.C table using the Marantz 6011 AVR in descrete 2 channel mode and it's rather nice built in phono stage.  YES, a theater receiver with a phono input :emotion-21:  Believe or not (I couldn't get over it), the photo stage has more warmth and bass response then BOTH my Cambridge Audio stand alone phono preamps!  Who knew?

Ok, it is time to show my appreciation for our friend Mike (Dirt Mudd) who sent this along for my birthday/Christmas gift with a host of other vinyl selections of merrit !   This is a newer release on 180gram.  Here are some fresh photos on what I have playing as I type.

Front cover artwork.IMG-0600.jpg

• Like 3

Side TWO now plays..........WOW, what low end on this first track, and I am amazed that old Shure is delivering such a great presentation with it through the Klipsch RP 280F towers..   Nice to relax with a glass of vino and actually listen to music again 🍷IMG-0606.jpg

• Like 1

Hope everyone is doing well...   Things good here..........outside of my central AC failing in the spring.  But, I have gotten used to the heat we are having.   Hard to sleep when it is 88 degrees and fans just blow around hot air on you :lol:.  New system going in on Aug. 23rd.   Can't wait !    

Genesis Side THREE coming right up 👍 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Back-atchu @Tigerman Mike's one of the good guys, and he might be a prog-spreader too ;)

Likes to spread the Genesis around, and gave me a new appreciation for them after having grown tired of them forever from 80s FM radio. He got me to look at them in a new light!

• Like 3