Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Besides vinyl records, one of my other passions is Japanese anime.

Recently, Netflix released an anime movie in which the quest for a lost vinyl album (a picture disc), plays an important role in the plot. It takes about 40 minutes before the plot line enters the movie. It's kind of fun to watch it evolve.  The graphical art style of the animation is quite unique, and there's a much attention for smartphone use, but hey, if that triggers the young folk's interest for vinyl records, why not? Even face masks play a role in the story. It is a family friendly movie, suitable for all ages. 

In the trailer, there is nothing about the picture disc quest, but I added a screenshots without giving away any spoilers. 

PSX_20210726_115530.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/18/2021 at 12:17 AM, Full Range said:

A friends horn speaker system with the final version crossover 

A386-C2-DA-74-DE-44-EC-B519-31-D03-B7-CF

6-E498-E4-F-D5-E4-483-E-9-AF8-00-AECDFCB

Great Gear, you´ve got my blessings. I would have liked to see the lower side with the wiring management from the X-over

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Great Gear, you´ve got my blessings. I would have liked to see the lower side with the wiring management from the X-over

It’s like a road map, similar to my crossovers as the same gentleman built them using my units as a template / guide 

Photo is the underside of my crossovers 

image.jpg

• Like 5

My mates ,just want let you know that the health problems from my wife are under medical control and she fells better. It´s a relief for all of us here. Doctors are assuming a full recovery.

So I´m in a better mood now and think it´s time to press the power buttoms from my gear soon again . It´s time after a couple of month without Music.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Well have at it George!  Glad your wife is feeling better and the boys are expecting the best.  Takes a lot of pressure off everyone when that word rolls out.  Crank things up and let it alllll go!  I've been buried for 3 weeks here and have a big stack to jump on soon.  It'll sort.  Focusing my $ on some new tubes!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AAHHH..what a feeling my TT is spinning again

SpyroGyro.thumb.jpg.3860c6a35cebc8fd7c47dcd43056e75d.jpg

SPYRO GYRO`S " Catching the sun " . Wow what a history  ....

Spyro Gyra is an American jazz fusion band. It was formed in Buffalo in the early 1970s by saxophonist Jay Beckenstein (born 1951) and keyboardist Jeremy Wall.

With over 20 albums and more than ten million records sold worldwide, Spyro Gyra is one of the most distinguished and commercially successful bands in the history of jazz. Between 1980 and 1985, the band was awarded seven Grammys. The band grew out of jam sessions by musicians in Buffalo, New York, some of whom knew each other from high school and some of whom had a rhythm-and-blues background.The name came out of a joke - the club owner pushed for it and Beckenstein dug up a type of algae Spirogyra, often referred to as screw algae in German, from his memory that he remembered from biology class. In addition to Beckenstein and Wall (who, however, was no longer part of the live band after 1978), the initial members included Tom Schuman (keyboards), guitarists Freddy Rapillo and Rick Strauss, and drummers Tom Duffy and Ted Reinhardt. Until 1994, Dave Samuels, who brought Caribbean flair on marimba, was also a frequent guest. Their first record came out in 1978 (Spyro Gyra) with their hit Shaker Song. They had their breakthrough with the follow-up album Morning Dance and the hit single of the same name, released in 1979.In 2013 members of the band are Jay Beckenstein (saxophone), Tom Schuman (keyboards, piano), Julio Fernandez (guitars), Lee Pearson (drums, percussion), Scott Ambush (bass).

Their Homepage @Full Range 

http://spyrogyra.com/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Followed by Mr. Marvin Gaye`s " I want you " origin from 1976  , Re-release from 2020, Motown Records , my gear is warming up ......

Marvin.thumb.jpg.821158f72dfa0de9f22328c418d358c8.jpg

Have a look at the beautiful cover art work , WOW what a party feeling

iwantyoucoverheaderkleiner.thumb.jpg.050c27c731110ad3ca338bdec194631d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

...follwed by a " Masters at Work " Production . Never spun that here before . NUYORICAN SOUL , released in 1997 , Blue Thumb Records, Printed in USA , high Quality audible production., with an ensemble of brilliant Soul / Jazz Stars like shown below .....

1847937579_NuyoricanSoul.thumb.jpg.b531c4909146d69e31b9f7bd79af99f5.jpg

nuyorican-soul-nuyorican-soul-2-ab.thumb.jpg.f9a7b1ea18a88ddc80e23ce643c9c301.jpgNuyorican-Soul-led-by-Little-Louie-Vega-and-Kenny-Dope-Gonzalez.png.fc7f80443ef0365e2055d913c1a4bb67.png

• Like 5

Want to introduce a famous german jazz trumpet player . Till Brönner (born May 6, 1971 in Viersen) is a trumpeter, composer, professor of jazz trumpet. He produced over 20 Jazz Records .

In April 2016, Till Brönner was the only jazz artist from the German-speaking world to be invited to the White House by U.S. President Barack Obama to celebrate UNESCO's International Jazz Day (April 30) in concert with 45 international colleagues. The all-star ensemble included Aretha Franklin, Morgan Freeman, Herbie Hancock, Sting, Pat Metheny, Diana Krall, Marcus Miller, Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, John McLaughlin, Al Jarreau and Dianne Reeves.

Till.thumb.jpg.65c5e839616a45f4d042bdf3e35495e1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Want to introduce a famous german jazz trumpet player . Till Brönner (born May 6, 1971 in Viersen) is a trumpeter, composer, professor of jazz trumpet. He produced over 20 Jazz Records .

In April 2016, Till Brönner was the only jazz artist from the German-speaking world to be invited to the White House by U.S. President Barack Obama to celebrate UNESCO's International Jazz Day (April 30) in concert with 45 international colleagues. The all-star ensemble included Aretha Franklin, Morgan Freeman, Herbie Hancock, Sting, Pat Metheny, Diana Krall, Marcus Miller, Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, John McLaughlin, Al Jarreau and Dianne Reeves.

Till.thumb.jpg.65c5e839616a45f4d042bdf3e35495e1.jpg

Below is my favorite album of him, Nightfall. Just two musicians, trumpet and bass. The compositions and virtuosity is amazing. Got to know it on Spotify when I had bought my first Klipsch speakers, and recently bought the CD. If I ever need to convince someone why tube amps and Klipsch are superior, I'd use this album! 

PSX_20210731_074617.jpg

• Like 5

Brian May is making good on his promise. "Anyone up for a BM release with lots of juicy extras?" the legendary Queen guitarist asked his fans on Instagram some time ago - and announced, "We have a plan." Unsurprisingly, the fans' answer was a resounding "yes." Now May delivers. His solo debut album Back To The Light will be released on August 6, 2021 as a remastered edition with, as announced, plenty of extras.

Those were turbulent times when Brian May released his solo debut Back To The Light in 1992. The year before, Queen frontman Freddie Mercury had passed away. On April 29, 1992, May had already introduced a new song to fans at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert, the track Too Much Love Will Kill You. A few months later, on September 28, 1992, May's solo debut Back To The Light was finally released (in the U.S. and Canada, the long player was not released until February 2, 1993). The album was well received and reached the sixth place in the album charts in Great Britain.

Now Back To The Light is being re-released - and in several editions. The centerpiece of the release is undoubtedly the Collector's Edition box set. Included in it: an exclusive white vinyl LP, two CDs, a 32-page book, a 12″ art print, a download card and an enamel plaque. If you want it even more exclusive, grab the 1000-piece limited edition box set. This includes a signed 12-inch art print and is available in the Queen online store.

If that's too extensive for you, you can also choose other formats. The album is also available af 1LP black 180g vinyl, 1CD, deluxe 2CD, cassette and digital formats. A bonus album of special versions and live tracks called Out Of The Light is available in the box set, 2CD edition and digital formats. In addition, vinyl fans can look forward to a picture disc, which will be released in limited edition in the Queen online store.

Brian May has written new liner notes for the new edition. In them, May pens a tribute to the record's late drummer, Cozy Powell, and reflects on the album's era. The guitarist also hints at further releases, saying, "This is part of a series. The Brian May Gold Series. Every piece of it will have a little gold stamp on it. And each of them will give me the opportunity to rediscover the path I've been on." For the remaster they got prominent support: Grammy Award winner Bob Ludwig worked with the original, restored flat mixes - and brought the sound of Back To The Light into the present.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You can never have too much money.

He is now also already 75 years old and thinks of his musical legacy, who knows how much time he still has, Freddy Mercury is now also gone 30 years ago. It's okay, he does nothing different than all other successful artists.Setting a last musical monument

• Like 1