Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

13 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

UNDERGROUND :

By the way the girl on the cover is Pannonica from Koenigswarter: great friend of Jazzmen and Jazz music : read her book "The jazz musicians and their three wishes"

She was actually in the Free French Forces during WW2

Charly Parker are dead in his appartement, look the end of movie "Bird" Of Clint Eastwood

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannonica_de_Koenigswarter

😎

I used to own a cassette tape (original, no copy) of the soundtrack of Bird. Must be somewhere on the attic now. I remember reading the tiny print of it, telling that the jazz music of the movie was re-recorded with modern techniques and present day musicians. But it appears to have been even more complex, says Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_(1988_film)#Music

I would love to see that movie again, but it is hard to find on blu-ray.

• Like 5

FINALLY got some time to unzip this new Rory Gallagher 50th Anniversary tri-fold.  Sides A&B are never before released out takes.  The out takes are nicely done and tight renditions of some great stuff.  The other two lp's are also great.  It's tight, clean and very nicely done imo.  $60?  Yup, I'd do it again!  

IMG-20210907-203350149.jpg

• Like 7

Next year I plan to buy maybe a new turntable . Let's see, I noticed today from the German company "CLEAR AUDIO" a tangential TT that I find quite interesting...The TT is called " Jubilee " ...Available in different designs.

1815121103_ClearaudioJubilee.jpg.81d4715780155214526fe191536f3e66.jpg1423295585_clearaudio-jubilee2.jpg.cfe7de4fa41c226587b49a094a46ce58.jpg

I don't know yet whether it will be one of those. Actually, I love the classics of Micro Seiki so much that it could also be a new old and completely revised Micro Seiki.

819253860_MicroSeikiRX1500.jpg.2a7494c0a51504acd8de8c4fb6c3d15b.jpg

This one is the bigger brother from mine ...

Micro_Seiki_DQX-.jpg.698cf42f6b4d60aba4198632782ece93.jpg

I'm still very happy with mine, but after good 40 years I think about it once in a while to get a new or another  TT.

• Like 5

George the ONLY two arms you need are yours.  I've seen you puttin that DJ que on before using ONE arm.  Nope ya don't need bwo BUT...  Nope, nope, nope save your money.  By the time you factor in another cartridge for it you'd be another year saving for it.  BUT...   :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

YES I know, actually you're right. I have another idea, that would be to upgrade my Micro Seiki with an even better tonearm, which I can only get in Japan. It is the Micro Seiki MA 505 MK III and is one of the best tonearms Micro Seiki has ever built.

MA505.jpg.648b27d9f40bc5594626fb9763b0c64b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Ha!  Now THAT'S FUNNY!  I KNEW  had a plan B when I saw you just "liked" my post.  Yup, buy the darn tonearm cause I KNOW you've got a spare cart laying thee somewhere!!!  You're pretty slick though...    😂  :)  Ya ALWAYS have to have a back up plan!

Guess you know me pretty well   🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Full Range said:

I have 3 turntables 

But I only use 1 

Two of them have tangential tonearms 

Time to cull the components 

Hi,

Me too I Have 2 turntables, but use one only. My other is the great mother of the news heavy turntables : 1979 Lurné Hariton MINIMUN > http://6bm8.lab.free.fr/Documentations/Revues/Audiophile/1977-1988/18/MINIMUM/MINIMUM.html

My friend Pierre Lurné hand made in this factory a tangential tornarm for Goldmund : T3 and T5

source

file.php?id=75411

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MicroMara said:

YES I know, actually you're right. I have another idea, that would be to upgrade my Micro Seiki with an even better tonearm, which I can only get in Japan. It is the Micro Seiki MA 505 MK III and is one of the best tonearms Micro Seiki has ever built.

MA505.jpg.648b27d9f40bc5594626fb9763b0c64b.jpg

I can let You know, the next time i will travell to Japan. But that would be next year, at the earliest...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

Hi,

Me too I Have 2 turntables, but use one only. My other are the great mother of the new heavy turntable : 1979 Lurné Hariton MINIMUN > http://6bm8.lab.free.fr/Documentations/Revues/Audiophile/1977-1988/18/MINIMUM/MINIMUM.html

My friend Pierre Lurné hand made in this factory a tangential tornarm for Goldmund : T3 and T5

source

Once an audiophile uses a tangential arm - one hardly ever goes back 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, the Japanese will ship their excellent audio gear. I found the tt and cart I needed after trying a tt and the AT-150MLX. Scored the good tt then looked for a mc cart. An amazon importer got me a cart that wasn't sold on my continent at the time and it's a keeper!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Hey guys, the Japanese will ship their excellent audio gear.

Ja Ja , that´s right , but ....Shipment , equipment insurance, duties, import tax can double the price easily , the MA 505 MK III cost approx. 1.000 € , won´t pay the doubble amount , better to give André a good Tip for his service 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1