Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Something in the water around here.  Walsh, Chrissy Hynde, Boz, Jamie Lyons from the Music Explosion & "Little bit of Soul", Head East may as well been from around here since they just happened to come up w/"Never been Any Reason,: and  and Michael Stanley.  Then there was Mark Chatfield who was from Cbus and went on to play w/Seeeeeeger...  Hmmmm, off the top of my wittle pointed head.  It's the water I'm tellin ya!  Oh yea some other guys who just came outta Akron a couple years ago the Black Keys.

:)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Head East may as well been from around here since they just happened to come up w/"Never been Any Reason,

very interesting story about how Head East got it's band name. You're a professor, so I'm sure you've heard it. One of the band's members said that a roadie, who lived with the band, stayed up all night frying on acid and when the sun rose, he thought it was telling him the band's name should be Head East. The band liked the uniqueness of the name and decided to use it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2021 at 7:42 PM, MicroMara said:

My Flagship Pre-Amp has arrived today from its repair and service. I have owned it for 5 years now and it was the first time I had problems. The cost of repair was just under 200 €. I´m very happy that I can now return the borrowed English Camtech preamplifier to my friend. The Camtech plays well but doesn´t have the class of my Marantz. 

PM11-S3.jpg.a2c259137c83b79d7c53c58e02df42f7.jpg

Your new/ old avatar made me think: " The Queen and King reunited!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Your new/ old avatar made me think: " The Queen and King reunited!"

You´re certenly right André 😅 Hope they don´t make to much little Marantz´ies 😂 , btw ...disconnected the tube for a while und using the SS Powerstage . So glad to own this maschine , used hardly to get at least in Germany, in Japan you get him still used to buy but rarely under 3,000 €.

• Like 3

That appears to be a re-release of an lp originally called 1965 on Bainbridge, released in 1982.  Apparently there was a dispute by Jarreau with Bainbridge, which he lost.  The recordings were credited as a graduate work project in the year 1965.  It has been in my collection for years and quite probably is my favorite of his lp's for its straight forward presentation compared to his later work.

https://books.google.com/books?id=BrgDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA62

81jmKHkswkL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1