Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

15 hours ago, Gilbert said:

The baby, aka Mr. Gold Digger, aka Mr. Show Me The Money .....  today feels violated and is looking for money to help him overcome the trauma he's suffered. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/25/arts/music/spencer-alden-nirvana-nevermind.html

I thought that was pretty whiny, too.  He claims that he’s embarrassed because the whole world has seen his infant wiener.  Big frickin’ deal!  We’re guys.  We don’t care who sees our genitals.  Some of us, the ones with very poor judgement, send pictures of our tackle to women, and maybe even to some men.  Jay Leno even had a pose during a joke to represent a guy “showing off”.  He would stand with his hands on his hips, with his elbows back and a proud/smug look on his face, and would turn first a bit to one side, then a bit to the other side.  The meaning was clear to everyone, but it was not rude, merely a bit risqué.

BTW, I use the term “tackle”, rather than the more common “junk”, because that term seems really disrespectful to some of the most popular, sometimes even kissable, parts of our anatomy.  It’s equipment to do a job, e.g. tackle, and hopefully it does that job well.  Junk, on the other hand, is usually ugly and undependable.  And no geriatric comments about that last sentence, please.

• Haha 3

In the past couple of years, my wife has bought some vinyl records for me, as a present. But this week, a first: she bought a vinyl (double) album for herself: Bart Peeters, De Kat Zat op de Krant. He's a gifted, multitalented person and hugely popular in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium. My wife's a fan, and she has most of his music, if not all, on CDs.

So I asked her, why spinning vinyl this time? After pausing and reflecting somewhat, she said she liked the warmth of the sound, the tactile experience, the nostalgic, cosiness of it.

I'm teasing her about the fact that she ordered a signed album and she secretely has a crush on him! 🤣

PSX_20211002_101040.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

In the past couple of years, my wife has bought some vinyl records for me, as a present. But this week, a first: she bought a vinyl (double) album for herself: Bart Peeters, De Kat Zat op de Krant. He's a gifted, multitalented person and hugely popular in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium. My wife's a fan, and she has most of his music, if not all, on CDs.

So I asked her, why spinning vinyl this time? After pausing and reflecting somewhat, she said she liked the warmth of the sound, the tactile experience, the nostalgic, cosiness of it.

I'm teasing her about the fact that she ordered a signed album and she secretely has a crush on him! 🤣

I just want to add that this album sounds amazing: no hiss, no rumble, excellent bass and highs. It's kind of fantastic to listen to it through the Leben CS300 and 1972 Heresy speakers.

• Like 6

Since we are having a slow day

This appears to be all of the songs

The vinyl original is only the first 12

of which Bye Bye Jill sounded the best to my ears

00:00 – 001 – (Theme from) The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

02:00 – 002 – Meet Mr. Solo

04:27 – 003 – A Martini Built For Two

06:50 – 004 – Wild Bike

09:21 – 005 – Solo On A Raf

11:13 – 006 – Fiddlesticks

13:24 – 007 – The Man from Thrush

15:32 – 008 – Illya

17:39 – 009 – The Invaders

20:07 – 010 – Solo’s Samba

22:32 – 011 – Bye, Bye Jill

24:41 – 012 – Watch Out!

27:19 – 013 – Sandals Only

29:54 – 014 – Solo Busanova

32:04 – 015 – Off and Running

34:33 – 016 – Boo-Bam-Boo, Baby

36:25 – 017 – Slink

38:37 – 018 – Run Spy Run

40:51 – 019 – Jungle Heat

42:51 – 020 – The Wiggely Pig Walk

44:59 – 021 – Lament for a Trapped Spy

47:20 – 022 – There They Go

49:30 – 023 – Jo Jo’s Torch Song

51:44 – 024 – Dance of the Flaming Swords

• Like 4

On 10/2/2021 at 1:37 AM, MeloManiac said:

I just want to add that this album sounds amazing: no hiss, no rumble, excellent bass and highs. It's kind of fantastic to listen to it through the Leben CS300 and 1972 Heresy speakers.

So now I’m curious.  What does “De Kat Zat Op De Krant” mean?  Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spinning a brilliant  2 LP album that is just wonderful listening 

25th album anniversary- expanded with extra tracks 

Also a great version of David Bowie’s - The Man That Sold The World 

Artist - Nirvana 

Title - MTV Unplugged In New York 

6-DF029-DA-E0-E3-49-C1-B77-F-EC9-F4-FF7-

• Like 3

Firefall Elan, 1978 pressing

Second track they sound amazingly like CSN, harmonizing

Haven't heard these guys in 20 years.

Wide variety of styles

Definitely an A list Band

Just found the needle drops, last track Side B, Winds of Change

This is part of the "Happy Girl Collection"  I purchased at a Resale shop, I.m guessing early 20s when the collection was new, about 40 records all strong recordings.

R-1638457-1376240606-3074.jpeg.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Bubo said:

Firefall Elan, 1978 pressing

Second track they sound amazingly like CSN, harmonizing

Haven't heard these guys in 20 years.

Wide variety of styles

Definitely an A list Band

Just found the needle drops, last track Side B, Winds of Change

This is part of the "Happy Girl Collection"  I purchased at a Resale shop, I.m guessing early 20s when the collection was new, about 40 records all strong recordings.

R-1638457-1376240606-3074.jpeg.jpg

Roberts got the name from the Yosemite Firefall at Yosemite National Park in California. The owners of a hotel threw burning logs off a mountain in a cascade as an annual event to entertain the guests.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefall

<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/album/4umDRFICekImYxttpSLbaq" width="100%" height="380" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen="" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; fullscreen; picture-in-picture"></iframe>

Still no Spotify integration...

Anyhow: I like the full sound, and the music is really good.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Roberts got the name from the Yosemite Firefall at Yosemite National Park in California. The owners of a hotel threw burning logs off a mountain in a cascade as an annual event to entertain the guests.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefall

<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/album/4umDRFICekImYxttpSLbaq" width="100%" height="380" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen="" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; fullscreen; picture-in-picture"></iframe>

Still no Spotify integration...

Anyhow: I like the full sound, and the music is really good.

Interesting write up

Another group that achieved record sales success

but wasn't paid their worth.

By their work product, they were an A list band.

As to their later works, I will see if I can check them out

May have been too big of a departure from their earlier work

Rhonstadt was one of the few that was able to change Styles

like most people change their socks

• Like 3

Welllllll, crank it up and kick back.  Think she'll have some new outfits for that grand?  Now get up and turn it up some more.  You'll make it!

i've got 17 new lp's laying here to unzip.  I can guarantee I'll never be w/o a second table again.  I'm going nuts!

• Like 4