Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

3 hours each way and the place is fairly close to ichigan's stadium.  Ugh! 

I - O!  Couldn't help but notice your reference to "that school up north", Dave1291. 

But, what actually caught my eye was Full Range's reference to the Thorens TD160. I have my old TD160 in the attic. I parked it a long time ago but carried it with me when I migrated west and have wondered where to take or send it for rehab. I'm in SoCal now. Anybody anywhere near Ventura or the San Fernando Valley who is reliable and knows and appreciates these old turntables?

GO BUCKS! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Area 51 said:

TD160 in the attic. I parked it a long time ago but carried it with me when I migrated west

Check to see if it’s a TD160 “Super”  as they are the upgraded version 

Has larger 10mm bearing and chassis deadening ect 

I have also parked a TD147 it’s like a TD160 super but with auto tonearm lift at the end of the record 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Check to see if it’s a TD160 “Super”

"Toys In The Attic"

Auto tone arm lift was a feature I envied on friends turntables. In fact, it was THE feature. Drove me nuts! I guess mine is not a "Super". I wonder if a rehab might somehow include adding that auto tone arm lift feature. Is it something that can be retrofitted? 

So, Full Range, what are you going to do with your TD147 ? 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, MicroMara said:

@billybob   enjoy your . You may wann´a have a listen to

M U ..The best of Jethro Tull ( now I got two Tull Albums , the other one ist the 50th. anni " This was " ) . Think I´m fine with both now.

2133143020_tullbestof2.thumb.jpg.1543f3a790f6680e9d752adf28f5118c.jpg

You know, may just do a Tull session first. Delivery came in the rain yesterday. Unit is resting now from it's journey.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Area 51 said:

I'm thinkin it's gonna stay in Au.  We're ALL hoarders in here.  hahaha   Gonna need some help over in the College Football thread but be gentle with them.  hahahaha   GO BUCKS!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Area 51 said:

"Toys In The Attic"

Auto tone arm lift was a feature I envied on friends turntables. In fact, it was THE feature. Drove me nuts! I guess mine is not a "Super". I wonder if a rehab might somehow include adding that auto tone arm lift feature. Is it something that can be retrofitted? 

Yes man, pull that TT out of the attic. Your records too.

Cool...

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, billybob said:

Cool...

Cool. I sold the jukebox but kept the little records with the big hole and I haven't started offing my LPs yet and I don't think I will. Hell, I kept them this long and dragged them half way across the country with me so I'm hoping I can get some advice about where I might find someone to help with Thorens rehabilitation. The old TD160 is tired. I would prefer someone sorta local to southern California so I could carry it in and meet the folks but I would be willing to ship in the right situation. Anyone out there have a recommendation for turntable service?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Do some nosin out there and go meet them and eyeball the place.  About all the advice I can give you.  Might find some threads here about the 160.  I just opted to go with a real Linndude w/my table.  Fun writin checks!  hahaha Said no one ever!  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Couldn't wait to unzip this one.  16 tracks on 3 lp's by Walter Trout (Canned Heat & John Mayall) and yup his son even played on a couple songs.  Start 'em young and they become musicians!

Recorded in November of 2015 after his liver transplant, released in early 2016 this thing is ahhhhmazing.  I'll give this one a double thumbs up alll day long.  Enjoy!

IMG-20211105-225214359.jpg

One Proud papa rippin this one down with his son.   Enjoy!

Yea, buddy!  Get ur grin on!  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Area 51 said:

"Toys In The Attic"

The answer is that - “no “ a retrofit auto lift like the TD147 can’t be done 

However the little Q UP lift device can be purchased to do the same job (see video) 

A cantilever device is also available as well 

I will probably sell the TD147 at some point in the future 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Hmmm ... $49.99 on Amazon.

You can look at it this way 

Save your stylus from damage - costs way more to replace 

Save your legs - fast run to the TT to lift the arm manually - although I do this now because no arm lifter can be added to my tonearm on the main Garrard 401 TT 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Just posting this again for George since it's with them both in Hamburg.  Wait isn't blues universal???  Asking for a friend!  :)

HA ..you´re spinning again after a couple of weeks . Hamburg is about 4 hours car drive only, my doughter was there a couple of weeks ago to visit the famous " Elb Philharmonie " Concert Hall

elbe1.thumb.jpg.6812babe870ee480ba5761dd24ffbf5e.jpg

and ..of course ...Blues is an international language that everybody understands

bbblue.gif.0b2c14d038d10aa2cf4ca9e5776b47cf.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

The answer is that - “no “ a retrofit auto lift like the TD147 can’t be done 

However the little Q UP lift device can be purchased to do the same job (see video) 

A cantilever device is also available as well 

I will probably sell the TD147 at some point in the future 

In Europe there is a company called " b-Fly Audio " and they produce seperate Tonearm Lifts ..cost approx $ 200

718690776_bfly1.jpg.caae1699ab4c0400fc373dfa1ad4d4ef.jpgbfly.jpg.9873fb19d744a198c3330a0dd177d071.jpg

• Like 4