Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

This weekend I'll leave the stereo off. The last 4 hours I spent with my wife and kids, we watched a 4 hour German TV show. Monday comes my HiFi friend , then we will make our " HiFi Workshop ". I had already reported a few days ago about it. Then I will still hear enough music with various amplifiers, CD players, streamers, DAC etc.. I am very much looking forward to this event next week. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Great way to start a Sunday morning here downunder 

You may also notice the addition of the Sansui TU 717 tuner to the system 

Art rock with flair 

Artist - Gordon Giltrap

Title Airwaves 

9-AF8-ED97-88-B6-4933-9-A3-B-7-DEBA87-CB

WOW Paul ...that´s flashing me right now 😉....one of the best analog tuners ever build ! Maybe you remove the 19" rack grips on the amplifier, that looks more homogeneous when the tuner is on top of the amplifier...imo ..

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

WOW Paul ...that´s flashing me right now 😉....one of the best analog tuners ever build ! Maybe you remove the 19" rack grips on the amplifier, that looks more homogeneous when the tuner is on top of the amplifier...imo ..

Thanks mate 

The tuner has rack handles as well, however I have temporarily removed them so I can sand & repaint them 

They have a couple of small paint chips 

I will see what works best 

With or without handles is a future aesthetics test 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Hmmm ... $49.99 on Amazon.

$39 at elusivedisc dot com Sent them hundreds the last couple of years and they've been great!

Love my tt but when I escape the twilight zone I might give this a try. Really miss the semi-auto function.

*Paul your wall of gear looks great with the combinations of gray (titanium) and black thrown in between the wood and the LS!

LEDs were neat when they came out, but the dials accompanied by a knob are just great!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 5

Hmmmm, rack handles or no rack handles...  All my old SAE gear had the handles but they were in an SAE rack.  That industrial pro look back then but now I'm torn AND you've got me thinking about my tuner.  It's an SAE 8000 digital tuner and I powered it up a while back and naturally it didn't work.  Never used the thing but...  ...I might.  Nah, think I'll off it.  Hoarder?  Not me.  Well maybe...  😂

On or Off?  If they're on ya won't lose them...  hahaha  I dunno either.  :)

That wall of gear?  Killer but I'm trying to downsize.  As if that's gonna happen.  I'd be soooo losted @ your place Paul.  Ya found your happy place and it looks great!  :)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

On or Off?  If they're on ya won't lose them...  hahaha  I dunno either.  :)

That wall of gear?  Killer but I'm trying to downsize.  As if that's gonna happen.  I'd be soooo losted @ your place Paul.  Ya found your happy place and it looks great!  :)

I was also thinking about loosing the handles - Have put things in a safe place, only to be so safe that they can’t be found unless by chance a few years later 🤪🤪

I need to cull my components 

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Paul your wall of gear looks great with the combinations of gray (titanium) and black thrown in between the wood and the LS!

LEDs were neat when they came out, but the dials accompanied by a knob are just great!

Thanks John 

Enjoying the music more as I get older 🤪

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KROCK said:

@Mossy bottom

Do you always leave your R/R tape exposed? BTW, love the 5050!

Hello KROCK,

The tapes are stored in the box.  Sometimes, I'll leave a tape on the machine, but slack the tape away from the heads.  That's only for the night, if it happens at all.  All the reel tapes and cassette tapes are in a climate control environment.

Thanks,  I have two Otari 5050's 

A, BII and Blll.  A 2 Track High Speed Revox B-77 MK-II, and a 4 track TEAC X-10R.  

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Grinding thru the new stack finally!  Spent the day out in Sherwood Forest taking care of the leaves here and at a couple neighbors.  Got a 5' Cub Cadet sweeper so just cruisin around in the nice weather.  Lady next door is 97 and doesn't even come outside and another neighbor just had a couple miles of his intestine removed due to cancer.  Got done in the nick of time the city showed up as I was finishing.

Funny how everyone is coming out with their 50th Anniversary Greatest hits lp's now.  Sure I got some since most are remastered and sound great.

IMG-20211108-210427986.jpg

You'll find yourself trying to decide whether you like the studio version or the live version.  They did it right again just like always.  Recorded at the Beacon and Orpheum theaters live?  Two great venues right there and trust me "Maxine" jumps outta my LS.  Yea, ya almost gotta!   Well, I did anyway.  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

I also like looking at your system @Mossy bottom 

Keep on posting so I can see more details 

Thanks Full Range.

Here is a photo of my main Stereo.

spacer.png

It's currently in temp storage.  I've moved, and am working on new and improved music room.  Hopefully I'll have it completed in beginning of the New Year.  It consists of two 1960 Dynaco ST-70's,  a Tube Nirvana (Holger Audio) pre-amp and Phono stage. A VPI Prime TT, Klipschorns and Heresy's.

I'm currently listening to an Outlaw Receiver, a Creek phono stage, Linn Sondek LP12 TT, and an OPPO digital player, and my trusty Cornwalls.  It's all in my shop.  

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Any guy that can play a free out door venue that I can hit I'm on it!  As most of you know I'm talking about Albert Cummings.  Smooth rock/blues and this is his latest from 2020 so I snagged it and paid him back for the free gig.  It's a great album but what surprised me was he recorded it @ FAME Studio in Muscle Shoals!  So yea, there's that but he called in Jim Gaines to produce it.  SRV & Carlos Santana's main man.  It's got that Muscle Shoals elusive midas touch recorded in the same studio as Aretha, the Allmans & so many others cranked out their magic.  Great mix and worth $20 any day of the week imo.

IMG-20211108-210855401.jpg

• Like 5

Ian Anderson?  I though he was Jethro Tull?  Wait, what?  hahaha  Great collection of hits and so simple to cover "some" of the bases when I'm feelin it.  Have most of his stuff already but I'm too lame to pull it all out.  hahaha    

IMG-20211108-211050323.jpg

Sure glad the table is running again and it does sound great w/the caps.  Don't think I'll ever get thru this stack of stuff sittin here.  lol  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1