Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

59 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Grinding thru the new stack finally!  Spent the day out in Sherwood Forest taking care of the leaves here and at a couple neighbors.  Got a 5' Cub Cadet sweeper so just cruisin around in the nice weather.  Lady next door is 97 and doesn't even come outside and another neighbor just had a couple miles of his intestine removed due to cancer.  Got done in the nick of time the city showed up as I was finishing.

Funny how everyone is coming out with their 50th Anniversary Greatest hits lp's now.  Sure I got some since most are remastered and sound great.

IMG-20211108-210427986.jpg

You'll find yourself trying to decide whether you like the studio version or the live version.  They did it right again just like always.  Recorded at the Beacon and Orpheum theaters live?  Two great venues right there and trust me "Maxine" jumps outta my LS.  Yea, ya almost gotta!   Well, I did anyway.  :)

Thanks Dave,

One of my top lp's.  Didn't know there was a live lp...Just ordered it.

Cheers!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Full Range said:

@Mossy bottom 

I normally reserve wolf whistles for my wife

But I’m willing to give one for your system 🤪🤪🤪  

Ha-Haaa...

I feel the same when I see photos of your hi-fi.  Love the added Sansui.  In the 80's had the AU 999 driving my Cornwalls.  I kick myself for selling it.  I thought I needed a Revox B-251...

Cheers

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Area 51 said:

Congratulations on your good taste. "Mystery To Me" is often under appreciated like most pre - Buckingham & Nicks Fleetwood Mac music. I think it's a terrific album.

Thanks Area 51.

I couldn't agree more.  I am a huge Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer Fleetwood Mac fan as well.  At the time, I was disappointed in the Buckingham Nick's addition.  But in fairness, I saw them in '77 and the Buckingham Nick's Mac rocked out. I WAS BLOWN AWAY.  Never expected it.

Buckingham is a hell of a guitarist.

Cheers

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

I WAS BLOWN AWAY

Same here. I like the Buckingham & Nicks version of the band a lot. I also like the earlier versions of the band a lot. Lyndsey Buckingham is an exceptional talent. I liked the Bob Welch version, too and I have been nuts for Christine since her days with Chicken Shack.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Same here. I like the Buckingham & Nicks version of the band a lot. I also like the earlier versions of the band a lot. Lyndsey Buckingham is an exceptional talent. I liked the Bob Welch version, too and I have been nuts for Christine since her days with Chicken Shack.

I also liked the Bob Welsh version,

Christine was not only drop dead gorgeous, but one hell of a song writer.

• Like 3

Good, Great stuff. Thanks Mossy, good to "see ya" again. Welcome area51 you fit the bill perfectly here!

And DJ Dave, you ever start culling the herd... I'll downshift the Torqueflight, floor it, be there in a flash and you wouldn't be able to hide...

Need more coffee, just dreaming. No mopar anymore, no redneck there (I don't think) it's all youtube pulled up that fit me this am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Coffee?  Hmmmm, well maybe that SHOULD happen if I want to get anything done today.  Think it's gonna be a garage day today.  Picked up a new Yamaha (I think) receiver a while back and put a pair of KG-4.5s out there with an el cheapo old cd player.  It works.  Gotta move the receiver so the remote works and just organize the place in general with winter coming.  That place is as bad as my album cabinet/shelves.  Stuffed.  Got a book laying here too.  hmmmmm  Get on up here @JohnJ  Two of us thinking about it works for me.  lol  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ha!  After coffee I slipped out to a guys lumber yard.  I was thinking oak slab open bottom table for the big screen, wide enough for a newer style w/the wider legs.  Actually, thinking about a larger flat screen and running it thru the LS & PrimaLuna.  He's cool with the idea but he's also buried in wood. 

This guy has everything and drops trees, slabs and builds for people he knows.  Told me he just finished a $19k black walnut conference table.  Seriously?  I'm CHEAP! 

Just found the perfect thing on fb market place for $25 and it's gonna work perfectly.  Kids gonna deliver it for $50 and he's 25 miles one way.  He wanted $35 but I told him $50.  See what a nice guy I am? 

IF he ONLY knew what I was going to do with it and how much $$ I was saving???  Oh, heck yea, I'm down!  That big sub cabinet will fit under it perfectly and it's wide enough for any new TV I'd want.  Yes Sir, that's the way things around here go down!  :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The TV 

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I was thinking oak slab open bottom table for the big screen, wide enough for a newer style w/the wider legs.  Actually, thinking about a larger flat screen and running it thru the LS & PrimaLuna. 

Had a similar idea a few years ago 

Went to a reclaimed timber furniture place as they had a sale 

Found a perfect unit and bought it 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Area 51 said:

Thanks for the kind welcome, JohnJ. I'm enjoying the forum; even learning a few things. I don't even remember how I discovered this group but I'm glad I stumbled in. 

We are just like siblings from different mothers 

Music and mutual respect is the glue 🖖

• Like 3
  • Haha 1