Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

17 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

You up and running again Mike or just teasing us???

Time for some "Thinking Man's Metal."  Blue Oyster Cult's Best Of "Don't fear the Reaper!  A double LP remastered in 2020 and since I'm getting even more worthless I picked it up.  Yes Sir, it's sweet compared to most of their other stuff I have.  Easy peasy, tight and clean as a whistle.  Also jams!  :)

IMG-20211113-152541725.jpg

Break time!  Gotta a football game to watch.  Toodles!  :)

Just checked that out ...not available in europe ..smilie_denk_53.gif

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

Just checked that out ...not available in europe ..smilie_denk_53.gif

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

No Problem. Those tunes are better in full context!

A remade recording of the composition "Larks' Tonques in Aspic part 2" was used on the first "Emmanuelle" movie without permission, Fripp gets royalty of it now after a court case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

That's my goal... all of `em!

Great goal John but do you want the older albums or the newer remasters done in analog??  That's the challenging part of buying today.  I'm torn, the MAJORITY of my stuff is old yet sounds great because that's what I grew up on. 

EVERYthing has changed today and I think it's for the better.  Sure I love the older albums but the new ones that are coming out sound sooooo much better.  It's all good though.  I just feel I'm increasing the value of my entire collection with the new stuff. 

They can't possibly release ALL of the old stuff or CAN they?  Talk about an artist "retirement" plan?  Lawdy...  Millions of $...

I'm outta room on the new shelf and have NO idea where I'm going to put the 2' sitting here.

• Like 2

Here we go. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Got "Agents of Fortune" from my teen years for a second time now, early ones since the stereo rebuild in `17. It depends, NM half-speed or Made in Japan if the price is good or a re-release that's new. I'll never quit liking the groups that bring great memories from back then!

• Like 2

Thru the years I've picked up many movie soundtracks.  Some good, some great & some SUCK!  I've been pretty lucky to land some good ones though..  I spied with my wittle eye this one from Ghostbusters II that was released in August.  It was Randy Edelman's first time working w/a large full orchestra.  He chose not to watch the movie so he'd have a clean palette to work with.  Sounds great for a lil change up!  

IMG-20211114-163102590.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Once upon a time when I first came in here I had an album give away.  It was about something or other.  @dirtmudd was the first correct answer w/John coming in a close second.  Well heck I had 3 of them so I pulled it out, put it on the table and heard a lil click early but it disappeared so that's the one I sent him.  Well somehow when he got it a crack had opened up in shipping so he thought I was being a funny boy.  Heck I didn't know so I sent him one of the others.  No biggie.

I'd like to forgo the quiz and just send these two to anyone who might want them.

Ya ever get that feeling this one your buying is really gonna suck but buy it anyway?  

Re-thought that...  The deals OFF.  Yea, they suck that bad.  Not even gonna tell you who did them they're that bad.  Well maybe.  Chrissie Hynde sings Bob Dylan???  SERIOUSLY???  NO one can sing Bob Dylan!  What WAS I thinking???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Once upon a time when I first came in here I had an album give away.  It was about something or other.  @dirtmudd was the first correct answer w/John coming in a close second.  Well heck I had 3 of them so I pulled it out, put it on the table and heard a lil click early but it disappeared so that's the one I sent him.  Well somehow when he got it a crack had opened up in shipping so he thought I was being a funny boy.  Heck I didn't know so I sent him one of the others.  No biggie.

I'd like to forgo the quiz and just send these two to anyone who might want them.

Ya ever get that feeling this one your buying is really gonna suck but buy it anyway?  

Re-thought that...  The deals OFF.  Yea, they suck that bad.  Not even gonna tell you who did them they're that bad.  Well maybe.  Chrissie Hynde sings Bob Dylan???  SERIOUSLY???  NO one can sing Bob Dylan!  What WAS I thinking???

just become a chronic drunk and your almost there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

SERIOUSLY???  NO one can sing Bob Dylan!  What WAS I thinking???

Thanks, Dave. I am reminded that there are some - they walk among us - who think ANYBODY does Dylan better than Dylan! Personally, I like Joan Baez, the Byrds, Jimi Hendrix, I could go on and on.

• Like 3