Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Certainly glad I picked this one up and hope you all can find it cause ya' ALL should snag it!  John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers with John Lee Hooker.  First time on vinyl, recorded in 1999 and limited to 600 hand numbered copies on 180 gram white vinyl.   I got 179 and it's totally sweet in every way.  Double LP made in Germany.   :)  KILLER!

IMG-20211120-172310307.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Good evening my friends.  As always, I try to be here when vinyl is spinning up here in Longfellow Music Hall.  Tonight's feature, Diana Krall's 'Turn up the Quiet' album.  Bought new in 2017 at a Barnes and Noble store.  Here is the cover art.  IMG-0960.jpg

Garry you audiophile Gourmet ....she is beautiful but more important is that you havn´t discovered her McIntosh TT on the cover , yes it´s a nice typical Diana Krall Album, got the same . 609470290_macciMT10.thumb.jpg.33a5e7926df6e46ff5bbf093c6b66875.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Well it must be the rain front coming in but I just went an ENTIERLY different direction tonight.  Wanted to see what this sub would really sound like movin some air.

Yea, ok but what to play.  Start w/A in the cabinet and make it allll the way to B and here it is...  (You post this lp a week or so George?)  If not I got lucky with some Eric Burdon Declaring War..  

Eric Burdon Declares "War" is the first of two original albums by funk band Eric Burdon and War, released on MGM Records in April 1970. It peaked at number 18 on record charts in the USA, number 50 in the UK, and number 7 in Australia.[citation needed] The back cover includes this declaration: "We the People, have declared War against the People, for the right to love each other". The album received a gold record award.

IMG-20211120-205258647.jpg

NOW see what happened????  Dunno how many are in that box yet but I'm already starting to think about what to have for breakfast!  Yup, It's goin DOWN!   😂

IMG-20211120-211549427.jpg

The sound?   SSSSSCCCCHHHHIIIITTTTTT!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thought to put on a jazz funk album with a little sprinkling of soul 

A creative gathering of top musicians with only this album recorded and released 

Members:

Abraham Laboriel, Alex Acuña, Don Grusin, Ernie Watts, Lee Ritenour, Steve Forman

Artist - Friendship 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/9441243-Friendship-Friendship

E625-DBC6-97-DD-4202-B3-A4-FFF31417-CC67

6-D84-C38-A-2658-458-F-9-D69-953-ED88-DE

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Well it must be the rain front coming in but I just went an ENTIERLY different direction tonight.  Wanted to see what this sub would really sound like movin some air.

Yea, ok but what to play.  Start w/A in the cabinet and make it allll the way to B and here it is...  (You post this lp a week or so George?)  If not I got lucky with some Eric Burdon Declaring War..  

Eric Burdon Declares "War" is the first of two original albums by funk band Eric Burdon and War, released on MGM Records in April 1970. It peaked at number 18 on record charts in the USA, number 50 in the UK, and number 7 in Australia.[citation needed] The back cover includes this declaration: "We the People, have declared War against the People, for the right to love each other". The album received a gold record award.

IMG-20211120-205258647.jpg

NOW see what happened????  Dunno how many are in that box yet but I'm already starting to think about what to have for breakfast!  Yup, It's goin DOWN!   😂

IMG-20211120-211549427.jpg

The sound?   SSSSSCCCCHHHHIIIITTTTTT!

Well Dave ..I spun these in the last few sessions

eric.thumb.jpg.08113995ffd61bb15cbc1c0629c5d9a0.jpg1665958183_goodtimes.thumb.jpg.b926deb52415fe3c2e508739a2557886.jpg2090927819_BlackMans.thumb.jpg.04a3b36e1b82fd6842f80a6c0d6c0737.jpg

btw..they all got the typical analog studio-master- sound of the 1970´tees, not like any new remastered vinyl from our days , but still very very good ...but i must confess ..the first two pics I spun with the Audio Technica SL 20A , the last one with my NoS Nagaoka Moving Iron Os 300 which is brand new, think it´s time for a new needle on the AT20SLA ..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Full Range said:

Thought to put on a jazz funk album with a little sprinkling of soul 

A creative gathering of top musicians with only this album recorded and released 

Members:

Abraham Laboriel, Alex Acuña, Don Grusin, Ernie Watts, Lee Ritenour, Steve Forman

Artist - Friendship 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/9441243-Friendship-Friendship

E625-DBC6-97-DD-4202-B3-A4-FFF31417-CC67

6-D84-C38-A-2658-458-F-9-D69-953-ED88-DE

AAHHH..The Sansui Tuner got his new black painted 19" Rack handles back, that looks very nice Paul, keep it like it is , maybe you´ll take a picture with the illuminated TU 717 ,,next time ? Wanna see ....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that heads up George.  I've got all the Burdon stuff too and he's always been great.  Just nice having the new stuff too.  Nice being able to jump back and forth between the old and new remasters.  Was thinking you pulled something off just couldn't remember.  Thanks.

Nice jazz find Paul.  Has to sound great w/all those guys contributing.  Ritenour is fantastic live.  Caught him a couple times and he's soooo clean and smooth.  Good stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MicroMara said:

AAHHH..The Sansui Tuner got his new black painted 19" Rack handles back, that looks very nice Paul, keep it like it is , maybe you´ll take a picture with the illuminated TU 717 ,,next time ? Wanna see ....

We just had a monster rain downpour 

A recent photo without the handles but lights on and listening to radio 

B615-F06-F-AB89-4-E53-85-C7-89286-CDDE8-

• Like 5