Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 11/21/2021 at 1:02 AM, MicroMara said:

Garry you audiophile Gourmet ....she is beautiful but more important is that you havn´t discovered her McIntosh TT on the cover , yes it´s a nice typical Diana Krall Album, got the same . 609470290_macciMT10.thumb.jpg.33a5e7926df6e46ff5bbf093c6b66875.jpg

Oh my god... I have this album and didn't realize at all! 

Now I'm trying to figure out what records are on the table... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Think I may have posted this before but I was needing it again today.  Ole Shakey in Manhattan in 1970 shines on this lp.  Acoustic and in his prime vocally and it was just a stripped down version and he kills it

Amaizng how good it really sounds.  :)

IMG-20211121-221241711.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Picked this up since it was their first studio album released in 1983.  Pretty nice album.  :)  

The Hurting is the debut studio album by British new wave band Tears for Fears, released on 7 March 1983. The album peaked at No. 1 on the UK Albums Chart in its second week of release, and was certified Gold by the BPI within three weeks of release. It reached Platinum status in January 1985. The album also entered the Top 40 in several other countries including Canada, Germany and Australia.

The Hurting is a loose concept album focusing on themes of child abuse, psychological trauma and depression. Despite its morbid subject matter, the album was a huge commercial success and contains Tears for Fears' first three hit singles – "Mad World", "Change", and "Pale Shelter" – all of which reached the top five in the UK and the Top 40 internationally. It also contains a new version of the band's first single, "Suffer the Children", which had originally been released in 1981, while the album version of "Pale Shelter" is also a new recording.

IMG-20211121-221544591.jpg

• Like 6

This is one of those "You're nuts but I gotta albums!"  I'm really glad I did too because it's pretty magical just like I thought it would be.  Sure it's Gaga but Tony Bennett too?  Great one to pick up if ya want those Klipsch of yours to truly shine!  Fantastic orchestra with that big sound and just a fun album.  Posting the goodies below but I'd certainly buy it again!  

Love for Sale is the second and final collaborative album by American singers Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, released on September 30, 2021, by Columbia and Interscope Records. It is the sixty-first (final) studio album of Bennett's career, and Gaga's seventh. Following Cheek to Cheek (2014), the duo's first collaborative album, Love for Sale was recorded between 2018 and early 2020, consisting of their renditions of various jazz standards by American composer Cole Porter, to whom the record is a tribute.

IMG-20211121-213158240.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

27 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Think I may have posted this before but I was needing it again today.  Ole Shakey in Manhattan in 1970 shines on this lp.  Acoustic and in his prime vocally and it was just a stripped down version and he kills it

Amaizng how good it really sounds.  :)

IMG-20211121-221241711.jpg

'Evening Dave,

Nice selection!  I was eyeballing that record not too long ago.  If It's anything like the Massey Hall, It's definitely worth getting!

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

This is one of those "You're nuts but I gotta albums!"  I'm really glad I did too because it's pretty magical just like I thought it would be.  Sure it's Gaga but Tony Bennett too?  Great one to pick up if ya want those Klipsch of yours to truly shine!  Fantastic orchestra with that big sound and just a fun album.  Posting the goodies below but I'd certainly buy it again!  

Love for Sale is the second and final collaborative album by American singers Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, released on September 30, 2021, by Columbia and Interscope Records. It is the sixty-first (final) studio album of Bennett's career, and Gaga's seventh. Following Cheek to Cheek (2014), the duo's first collaborative album, Love for Sale was recorded between 2018 and early 2020, consisting of their renditions of various jazz standards by American composer Cole Porter, to whom the record is a tribute.

Thanks Dave,

Hey! Two great talents, I'm not a GaGa fan, but I appreciate her talent.  I love a really well recorded album, even if it isn't within my music taste.  I'll pick this one up.

Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Mossy bottom  When I heard about her w/him it really made me wonder what she was all about.  Riding his fame, wanting to be his latest flame?   Just all of it with her.  Sure I know she's genuine but really?  He's in pretty bad shape from what I've read but she's always around him, which I think is a good thing.  Sure it's all about her but it's just refreshing to hear them come together once again with his guys in the orchestra.  One of those bittersweet moments perhaps.  It's a nice ride and was over before I knew it.  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@Mossy bottom  When I heard about her w/him it really made me wonder what she was all about.  Riding his fame, wanting to be his latest flame?   Just all of it with her.  Sure I know she's genuine but really?  He's in pretty bad shape from what I've read but she's always around him, which I think is a good thing.  Sure it's all about her but it's just refreshing to hear them come together once again with his guys in the orchestra.  One of those bittersweet moments perhaps.  It's a nice ride and was over before I knew it.  :)

Just ordered it!

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On a roll and unzipped another one.  This group just never stops...

Fresh Aire 7 was the seventh album in new age musical group Mannheim Steamroller's Fresh Aire series. The album was originally released in 1990 and peaked at #77 on the Billboard album chart in December of that year. Its theme is based on the number seven. The album won a Grammy Award for best New Age album in 1991.

Mannheim-Steam-Roller-Fresh-Aire-2020.jp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:28 AM, Full Range said:

Thought to put on a jazz funk album with a little sprinkling of soul 

A creative gathering of top musicians with only this album recorded and released 

Members:

Abraham Laboriel, Alex Acuña, Don Grusin, Ernie Watts, Lee Ritenour, Steve Forman

Artist - Friendship 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/9441243-Friendship-Friendship

E625-DBC6-97-DD-4202-B3-A4-FFF31417-CC67

6-D84-C38-A-2658-458-F-9-D69-953-ED88-DE

I was thinking all the time where I know the LP cover ..then it came back to me ....from the Temtations album " Masterpiece " with the legendary tune " Papa was a rolling stone " from 1972

Temtations.jpg.773c158762305b3d49b8e7cf696473ee.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Tony Bennett ...such a great voice , love his Duete with Amy Whinehouse so so much ....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

On a roll and unzipped another one.  This group just never stops...

Fresh Aire 7 was the seventh album in new age musical group Mannheim Steamroller's Fresh Aire series. The album was originally released in 1990 and peaked at #77 on the Billboard album chart in December of that year. Its theme is based on the number seven. The album won a Grammy Award for best New Age album in 1991.

Mannheim-Steam-Roller-Fresh-Aire-2020.jp

talking about " New Age " Music ...was very popular at the end of the 1980´s early 90´s. I got a wide collection on CD at home ... One of my favorites was Steve Roach

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1