Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

19 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Cold here. smilie_wet_022.gif .we had the first snowfall today smilie_wet_056.gif

I haven’t seen snow since I was 10 years old in Northern Greece 

Now I live in a subtropical location and apart from the occasional tornado I love it 

Its almost summer here - hot days ahead 

Great beach weather 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

If you are using a gel to clean your stylus... DON'T!

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/time-put-away-onzow-zerodust

One should clean styli mechanically (brush), and records with demineralized water.

https://www.ortofon.com/hifi/products/hifi-cartridges/mc-a95/stylus-care/

image.png.aa0285bf41c5db7aad2d362d855be8cd.png

That looks like a maybe or maybe not premeditated Hit Piece of an article @MeloManiac 

Not saying that in favor of the OnZow even though I have to disclose that I have a box of that goop I've dipped my stylus in twice. I also don't have a microscope right now!

Saying this because the substance is clear and free of dirt when new. If you dip your stylus where it is clean and clear of dirt - how could you get it dirty? I think you would have to smash the cartridge into a soiled blob to get the needle and cantilever covered in soil. You can see what comes off when you lightly touch it to the diamond. I did not think to squash it completely onto the advanced tapered Boron cantilever.:cool: 

You have to watch the magicians hands.

Do you wash your car from the wheels and the under carriage first without rinsing the mud out of the wash rag? Or do you start at the roof and work your way down rinsing the rag if it gets soiled? I'm sure you would not scratch the paint on your vehicle just to get it clean... that's ignorant. So is the abuse I described above.

So did that author use the product after it's useful life-span? As in using it badly soiled on his expensive equipment?

Could be a case of not RTFM! 

• Like 4

And here is a nice German record with a superb blue amp handcrafted in Bavaria (Schwarzach am Main) by a craftsman. The fact that the record is superbly recorded and that it spins at 45 rpm makes the sound fantastic, my CW's K33Es are thrilled

It's a little nod to our friend @MicroMara

_20211201_120048.thumb.JPG.c2f78a0c73ed6e3696106623abe61f98.JPG

_20211201_120103.JPG

031693419_1-de7426736a86f89ba33ac2209014

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

And here is a nice German record with a superb blue amp handcrafted in Bavaria (Schwarzach am Main) by a craftsman. The fact that the record is superbly recorded and that it spins at 45 rpm makes the sound fantastic, my CW's K33Es are thrilled

It's a little nod to our friend @MicroMara

It will get my attention too. As the only other one that posts late 70s Scorpions & Def Leppard!

Cool looking amp, it's not an A class is it? For that amount of power the case would have to be bigger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a Google translation of the user manual of the amplifier from German to English, it is a class AB with input stages in class A.

The finest audio technology

The 2002PCA from the PCA professional series is a powerful stereo power amplifier.
The modern circuit technology and the extremely robust, complex processing are the
A guarantee for excellent audio performance paired with absolute reliability plus one
excellent price / performance ratio. State-of-the-art power transistors guarantee
not only an excellent sound, but also a high level of operational reliability among the
extreme demands of tough tour operation. "The show must go on".

Innovative technology

The technology used, namely the control of the power transistors through
a fully symmetrical HIGH-SPEED Class A driver circuit and by a relative
high quiescent current of the output transistors enables extremely low distortion values. One
unmistakable increase in quality. Transient distortions are plus by speed
mature design hardly measurable. The result of all this is an unadulterated
powerful and differentiated sound. Brilliant, impulse-faithful reproduction of everyone
Sound material with high performance reserves even under critical load conditions
distinguish PAS power amplifiers with a robust, only 2U aluminum profile housing
the PCA models an attractive appearance, be it as a "STAND ALONE" device or
built into the rack.
We use a fully symmetrical circuit concept for all power amplifiers. The PCA
Models show no dangerous voltage surges or clicks when switching on and off
Switch off.

Power stages use Mosfet  K1058 & J162 transistors

1208973187_87cef79565039685c3ed9398b4247f60e1da2063(2).thumb.jpeg.7c6dc81bf363913840e104cae663a189.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My X was a scorpio. I'm a gemini. Best together for --x and worst together for living together!

& the road I lived on for most of my life was Montpelier, no scorpions but I brought chameleons back to there from FL!

Got to hear them pop or you stomp them again, had black scorpions in Orlando.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

I have conserved the Scorpions so that they remain with me for a long time.

scorpion.thumb.jpg.2c0fc776fd265568e7adc726fc8ea0e6.jpg

40 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

My wife's star sign is also Scorpio, so you can imagine what I have to deal with.

scorpio.gif.829308afb5b4b503ff7c5dff80f13e61.gif

27 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

My X was a scorpio. I'm a gemini. Best together for --x and worst together for living together!

& the road I lived on for most of my life was Montpelier, no scorpions but I brought chameleons back to there from FL!

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hi,

It's Montpellier in France Occitanie region ;) for me, beautiful coincidence 😁

I have already seen many names of cities that I know while walking around with google maps and street: these virtual trips are beautiful.

I know that there are many cities in your area in America which bear the names of European cities (French, Spanish, English, Irish, German ...), certainly related to the founders of these cities.

Chameleons : nice :)

• Like 5

Most U.S. states have cities founded by Germans and cities with German names, for example Cologne (Minnesota), Hamburg (New York), Munich (North Dakota), Stuttgart (Arkansas), Augsburg (Arkansas), Bismarck (North Dakota), New Braunfels (Texas), Minden (Nebraska), Schaumburg (Illinois)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3