Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

9 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

And here is a nice German record with a superb blue amp handcrafted in Bavaria (Schwarzach am Main) by a craftsman. The fact that the record is superbly recorded and that it spins at 45 rpm makes the sound fantastic, my CW's K33Es are thrilled

It's a little nod to our friend @MicroMara

_20211201_120048.thumb.JPG.c2f78a0c73ed6e3696106623abe61f98.JPG

_20211201_120103.JPG

031693419_1-de7426736a86f89ba33ac2209014

I bought 'In Trance' as a teenager back in the 1980s. My favorite songs are 'In Trance' and 'Dark Lady'. It helped me survive a difficult domestic situation (bipolar mom) and inspired me to start writing short stories, which ultimately lead to my profession as a language teacher and author... 

PSX_20211201_214516.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Most U.S. states have cities founded by Germans and cities with German names, for example Cologne (Minnesota), Hamburg (New York), Munich (North Dakota), Stuttgart (Arkansas), Augsburg (Arkansas), Bismarck (North Dakota), New Braunfels (Texas), Minden (Nebraska), Schaumburg (Illinois)

Brisbane California USA 

Same name as my location in Australia 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

I bought 'In Trance' as a teenager back in the 1980s. My favorite songs are 'In Trance' and 'Dark Lady'. It helped me survive a difficult domestic situation (bipolar mom) and inspired me to start writing short stories, which ultimately lead to my profession as a language teacher and author... 

PSX_20211201_214516.jpg

Teacher of what language?

I ask this out of curiosity, because one of my daughters is currently studying interpreting and translation, she is studying English and German and her mother tongue is French.

Nice the Scorpions record 👍

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

Teacher of what language?

I ask this out of curiosity, because one of my daughters is currently studying interpreting and translation, she is studying English and German and her mother tongue is French.

Nice the Scorpions record 👍

My native language is Dutch and I teach Dutch and English in a Belgian highschool for 16-18 year old students. (I have a master degree in Literary Theory and Comparative Literary Study, so we talk a lot about novels, movies and songs in my lessons. I recently taught my students about Johnny Cash in 1969 with the song San Quentin!)

My wife studied languages too: she works in a law firm but she is officially a translator (Dutch/French/German/English). She's also a gifted multi-instrumentalist (piano, cello, oboe and flute).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Brisbane California USA 

Same name as my location in Australia 

Is there a Brussels in USA?
Brussels is a town in Door County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,136 at the 2010 census. 
:-))))

Brussels is also the capital of Belgium, and this is a song about the famous street in Brussels with many restaurants anc cafés (pubs). It is sung in the Brussels dialect, a peculiar Dutch dialect (not French!). 
Brussels comes from 'Broeksele', which simply means 'marshland'.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

My native language is Dutch and I teach Dutch and English in a Belgian highschool for 16-18 year old students. (I have a master degree in Literary Theory and Comparative Literary Study, so we talk a lot about novels, movies and songs in my lessons. I recently taught my students about Johnny Cash in 1969 with the song San Quentin!)

My wife studied languages too: she works in a law firm but she is officially a translator (Dutch/French/German/English). She's also a gifted multi-instrumentalist (piano, cello, oboe and flute).

Dit kan toch niet waar zijn...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1