Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

31 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@MeloManiac   Congrats from me ..well done and a nice tangential TT , how does he compete against your Pro-Ject TT ?

I think I like the SL-DL1 better, hard to describe why, what comes to mind is that it has a 'fuller' sound. 

In the mean while, I think I know why I got it so cheap: although the pitch control works, the strobe light does not. I think a mirror has simply disappeared. Can't imagine how this is possible, without taking it apart... An I can't imagine why someone would do this. 

Or am I missing something here? 

See picture. 

PSX_20211213_214921.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I think I like the SL-DL1 better, hard to describe why, what comes to mind is that it has a 'fuller' sound. 

In the mean while, I think I know why I got it so cheap: although the pitch control works, the strobe light does not. I think a mirror has simply disappeared. Can't imagine how this is possible, without taking it apart... An I can't imagine why someone would do this. 

Or am I missing something here? 

See picture. 

PSX_20211213_214921.jpg

https://stereonomono.blogspot.com/2011/01/technics-sl-dl1-thirty-years-old.html

I´ll try to help you to fix that problem, the above link gives you specific infos to your TT

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

Look what I bought today. Not top of the line, but it plays sweet melodies!

Technics SL-DL1, a 1981 direct drive, linear tracking turntable! 

You are a tragic audiophile 🤪

Now like me a linear tracking tragic 😎🤪

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

https://stereonomono.blogspot.com/2011/01/technics-sl-dl1-thirty-years-old.html

I´ll try to help you to fix that problem, the above link gives you specific infos to your TT

here you can buy a service manual for your Technica SL DL 1 , you can download it as pdf file , cost you $ 7.99

https://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/download-SLDL1K-TECHNICS-p-197586.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Full Range said:

You are a tragic audiophile 🤪

Now like me a linear tracking tragic 😎🤪

I´m a tragic audiophile , because I can´t listen to my Seiki till the  new counterweight has arrived from england and wait you linear tracking guys ...till my Seiki got two tonearms smilie_frech_013.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@MeloManiac  you´ve seen that ?

Yes, thank you!

I found it for free on another website. 

I must say it is a very complex machine!

I have removed the platter and can see the the empty space where the strobe's viewer prism should be (now it is an empty space).

I am currently searching ebay for "technics sl-dl1 strobe prism" but can't find an exact match...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

32 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Marky got with Sharon, Sharon got Sherice She was sharin' Sharon's outlook on the topic of disease Mikey had a facial scar, and Bobby was a racist They were all in love with dyin', they were doin' it in Texas Tommy played piano like a kid out in the rain Then he lost his leg in Dallas, he was dancin' with a train They were all in love with dyin', they were drinking from a fountain That was pourin' like an avalanche comin' down the mountain I don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies You never know just how you look through other people's eyes Some will die in hot pursuit in fiery auto crashes Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain That is pouring like an avalanche comin' down the mountain I don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies You never know just how you look through other people's eyes Another Mikey took a knife while arguing in traffic Flipper died a natural death, he caught a nasty virus Then there was the ever present football player-rapist They were all in love with dyin', they were doin' it in Texas Paulie caught a bullet, but it only hit his leg Well, it should have been a better shot, and got him in the head They were all in love with dyin', they were drinkin' from a fountain That was pourin' like an avalanche comin' down the mountain I don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies You never know just how you look through other people's eyes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Look what I bought today. Not top of the line, but it plays sweet melodies!

Technics SL-DL1, a 1981 direct drive, linear tracking turntable! 

PSX_20211213_205425.jpg

PSX_20211213_205350.jpg

Congrats! Alot 

of info online. Cleaning, repair, etc. Was looking for the 1,2 or 3 model like that one. A popular choice. Saw a couple of decent ones for sale semi-local after got my Sansui, which I like alot. Cool enough!

• Like 6

The obligatory audiophile baptism of newly acquired gear: Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms, 'So far away'

(YT may cut off sound for copyright reasons, but who cares)

Gear :

• NEW: Technics SL DL1 (1981)
  • iFi Zen Phono
  • Leben Hifi CS300 (2007)
  • Klipsch Heresy (1972)

Edit: I noticed the pitch control was slightly off, so I corrected that already. 

• Like 5