Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Do Your students know about their teacher being a "Cool Teach" listening to his vinyl while doing corrections at home?

Thanks for sharing Your impressions! 

Seems like I into hoarding TTs now.... Got a second Dual today, it was here in Berlin and for 45€ i just couldn't say no. Bummer the DIN/ Cinch adapter I need is taking so long to arrive, so no spinning for me yet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

F Y I ......

The perfect  3-dimensional Tonearm Installation tool called " The Protracor " , thought this information makes sense . Made in Germany

You can read the manual in english language .....

http://www.feickert.org/fileadmin/bilder/Downloads/Protractor_BDA_2011_mail.pdf

This is how it looks like

1030282593_DR.FeickertProactor1.thumb.jpg.67e3931a77b2aec64fa46131550d2993.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hi,

Speaking of turntable, I had a beautiful English Linn Sondek LP12, then in 1981 I replaced it with a large turntable designed by a master of the vinyl world: Pierre Lurné (for example he made the T3 and T5 arms for Goldmund, and the famous Audioméca turntables and Lurné arms). I ran this MINIMUM Turntable for 25 years, but today, this turntable and in a cupboard in my garage, one day I would have to reassemble it and restart it after a nice restoration.

This turntable was one of the first heavy turntables (around 120lb) and if you are observant you will see that many turntables from the 90s, 2000s, 2010s and 2020s are inspired by this icon.

Unfortunately I don't have a photo of my MINIMUM turntable running and there is no photo on the net. I contacted Vinylengine to give them a scan of this 1980 article from the Audiophile magazine to include it in their database: the article is visible under Pierre Lurné / Audioméca

Look there and tell me if you can read this article from MINIMUM

http://6bm8.lab.free.fr/Documentations/Revues/Audiophile/1977-1988/18/MINIMUM/MINIMUM.html

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

a couple of weeks ago I spun the album Peter Gabriel " 4 " as " Das deutsche Album " that means Gabriel sung all texts in german language. This time I´m spinning the original english album , sound more familiar to me....

986153314_Gabrielenglish.thumb.jpg.f692095e06b8a920d8f32696cc930a30.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1