16 hours ago, Full Range said:

Is it time again for some Frank Zappa

I think so 

Just about to turn on the system to spin this record 

Artist - Frank Zappa

Title - Joes Garage Act 1

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/751319-Zappa-Joes-Garage-Act-I

D56-D9496-87-C4-4371-84-D3-BBDF12-B0625-

Me thinks Frank doesn't trust them birds, my friend! 

• Haha 3

@JohnJ yea a bit of a tease BUT I tried something different today with that lp..  First time through it was just like most lp's.  Slow and a bit different on the first couple sides and getting even better on sides 3 & 4.  Today I started 4,3,2,1 and it's totally KILLER played in that order.  

AND I found my lil flashlight I use hunting albums!  I was getting tired of wearing this

09038410.jpg?size=pdhi

😂

• Haha 5

I'll probably need one of those myself. I'm told all my components and music, the wood furniture are not in the basement but in an extra bedroom. 

Yep, reverse order can give me a different perspective on a release.

ROCK ON man!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AndreG. said:

My Vinyl Premiere! All provisional still and on the "B" Machine, but it was plug and play, TT being 40+ years old!

IMG_1920.thumb.jpeg.0adaab8fd1ae6bb2af9091afd3a58286.jpeg

André ..welcome to the TT world with an exciting vintage Dual TT, any idea which Pick Up is installed ? Looks like a Shure Cartridge M 75 or V 15 Series ? And Joe Jackson...love him, got a lot of records from him   you´ll see 😁

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

André ..welcome to the TT world with an exciting vintage Dual TT, any idea which Pick Up is installed ? Looks like a Shure Cartridge M 75 or V 15 Series ? And Joe Jackson...love him, got a lot of records from him   you´ll see 😁

IMG_1917.thumb.jpeg.93bd26712f9edecaed48fec52c6ff578.jpeg

Yup, M75 and this one's a Dual 1214, the 1218 is still in pieces and  being cleaned. I bought this LP a few others from a fellow member on the Dual Forum, doubles and stuff he didn' t listen to anymore.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

IMG_1917.thumb.jpeg.93bd26712f9edecaed48fec52c6ff578.jpeg

Yup, M75 and this one's a Dual 1214, the 1218 is still in pieces and  being cleaned. I bought this LP a few others from a fellow member on the Dual Forum, doubles and stuff he didn' t listen to anymore.

Well done .....gonna tell you something about the Shure M 75

The shure system par excellence ! With the original needles (round needle also Cleorec) one of the best budget systems that were ever built. Not for nothing were all youth rooms and discos in the 60s, 70s with sound.  Was also not exactly cheap to buy during his lifetime. Who mounts it today should pay attention to the fact that it, like all Shure of this age is a 15 ° system. Runs therefore super on all changers with 24 ° geometry. Then it plays with a lot of pressure and dynamics a very dry overtone bass with good resolution even in the treble, and shows why it was for years the standard system in discos. Has this fascinating Shure "presence drive", this fantastically good midrange resolution, combined with extremely good dynamics. With the ED variant is no longer missing much to the absolute top league. With a Jico SAS needle by far the best Shure of all time.

• Like 5

Yea, I'm workin harder now!  😂

Forrest Richard Betts (born December 12, 1943) is an American guitarist, singer, songwriter, and composer best known as a founding member of The Allman Brothers Band.

Betts departed the Allman Brothers Band in 2000 under acrimonious circumstances and continued with a solo career that had begun in the 1970s.

Highway Call is the debut album by Dickey Betts (under the name Richard Betts), of The Allman Brothers Band.[6][7] It was recorded in 1974 in Macon, Georgia, at Capricorn Studios.

richard_betts.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

285211-img-1871-jpg

That is the system on the 1218.

@AndreG.  update

An old top system from Shure, based on the M75 Type2 body. With original needles, identification color "yellow" with silver lettering or the unique spherical, here executed as a whole stone, identification color "red", even better than a V15III mi the VN35ED. Excellent low bass reproduction, very accurate spatial imaging, this speaks for a very phase stable design of the generator. Fine high frequency resolution without any sharpness. Attention old 15 ° system, rating applies only with correct VTA !

• Like 3