Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Good evening / morning friends!  Well, the Longfellow Music Hall is beginning to be thinned out to just one audio system.   BIG changes here in the formal livingroom where there has NEVER in the 15 years in this home been anything more then a Bose Wave System. 

But, I moved the Klipsch RP280F towers up to the second floor, and also the Bang and Olufsen Beomaster 6500 system as well and the B.I.C. table too.   I am enjoying music on the second floor like we've never had before!   Here is a vibe photo from this afternoon with amber up lighting on the speakers. IMG-0044.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Good evening / morning friends!  Well, the Longfellow Music Hall is beginning to be thinned out to just one audio system.   BIG changes here in the formal livingroom where there has NEVER in the 15 years in this home been anything more then a Bose Wave System. 

But, I moved the Klipsch RP280F towers up to the second floor, and also the Bang and Olufsen Beomaster 6500 system as well and the B.I.C. table too.   I am enjoying music on the second floor like we've never had before!   Here is a vibe photo from this afternoon with amber up lighting on the speakers. IMG-0044.jpg

Those speaker cones look like they are dripping in golden fire 🔥 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

Those speaker cones look like they are dripping in golden fire 🔥 

Thank you Paul, yes, the amber lighting really sets them off for sure.  I had two Cambridge Audio phono stages in storage and had to put one in service for this B&O system.  I had forgotten that the matching B&O turntable has the phono stage BUILT IN !  Of course, I would love to have the TT that came with this system, but they are impossible to find here in the states in BLACK!  Over the pond, they are around in WHITE and of course, wired for 240v along with being outrageously expensive to purchase and ship to my home!   So, the B.I.C. will do for now.🍷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Full Range said:

@GWSmith  I can’t believe how surprisingly good the Parks Audio Puffin is 

I was lucky to pick one up pre loved a while ago and it’s the only one I use now 

If you get a chance to review one, then jump at the chance 

I love my parks audio Puffin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks great and seems to have great responses from those reviews.  Funny, ikea is what I initially saw too.  $4k for a new one?  I don't have that much time left on the planet and I'm sure as heck not spending that much for a cart.  Would love to own one though.  :)  Teasing George I'm assuming?  lol  😂 

• Like 5

Low is the eleventh studio album by English musician David Bowie, released on 14 January 1977 by RCA Records. After years of drug addiction when living in Los Angeles, Bowie moved to France in 1976 with his friend Iggy Pop to sober up. There, Bowie produced and co-wrote Pop's debut studio album, The Idiot, featuring sounds Bowie would explore on his next record. After completing The Idiot, Bowie began recording the first of three collaborations that became known as the Berlin Trilogy with American producer Tony Visconti and English musician Brian Eno.  

This is labelled the 45th anniversary Limited Edition and was made in Germany.  Heard it long ago so almost HAD to jump.  Some say it's in the All-time top 5.  Side one is typically Bowie with a twist of Iggy Pop and It moves well then it's a flip to side two.    Side two is a drastic change!  A mix of Bowie & Brian Eno for sure.  Side 2 is EXCELLENT!  it's one of those put your feet up, kick back, sip on a drink  and just let it all go.   Kinda Pink Floydian sounding but not.  Pretty freaking amazing side actually and I was left craving more and seeing how this lp COULD really be in the top 5. The combination of sides 1 and 2 are very different yet extremely gratifying.  I'd recommend it just because it IS very different from the typical Bowie lp's.  A "sober" side.  :)  

IMG-20220118-223512642.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Dave1291 I also read it as Ikea at first glance 

Re - price - most people won’t spend that much on a TT let alone on a cartridge 

Re - David Bowie- Low  - that is a great album and under rated in my opinion  

Re - Pink Floyd - that is my fav album 

Nothing wrong with Dark side just personal preference 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Otis Redding you say?  Am I nuts?  Sure I've got some old stuff but when this one showed up it was in the shopping cart in a heartbeat.  This one is a DOUBLE THUMBS UP!  Sooooo pleased listening to this newly REMASTERED from the MONO Master tapes.  Talk about bliss???  He just rips your heart out sittin there listening in a way you never thought could happen.  This is a DOUBLE THUMBS UP or all 3THREE if you gained a thumb from your Covid vax!  Yea, it's THAT amazing!

IMG-20220118-210318515.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@Dave1291

I got that new "Wish You Were Here" cause my 70s version was slap worn out.

Someone here, think it was in that music hall with the ambience... now glowing softly with amber.. Love that btw @GWSmith

& it is better than my original version!

Just checked my version of Wish You We’re Hear 

Price is a cool $285 AU 

Media NM/Cover VG++

https://www.discogs.com/release/463597-Pink-Floyd-Wish-You-Were-Here

• Like 1
  • Sad 1