Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

We have a public holiday falling on a Wednesday for Australia Day 

So I’m playing an Australian band and in the case of Split Enz from New Zealand that started careers in Australia 

Artist - Australian Crawl 

Title - The Boys Light Up 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/4998387-Australian-Crawl-The-Boys-Light-Up

526247-E3-A99-C-468-C-8484-4-F9-D426-F03

Artist - Split Enz 

Title - Collection 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/1831142-Split-Enz-The-Split-Enz-Collection-1973-1984

F44-C7841-F189-482-A-8-E15-4-FC9-F1-FFAD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Islander said:

That Sansui gear looks so good!  It even has handles on the front.

I was looking for a while to get a Sansui and several models were earmarked 

Then out of the blue I get a message to see if I’m interested in the Amp and Tuner as a pair 

As you can see the rest is history as they are in my audio setup 

Several photos of the inside can be seen on page 729 if you want to see 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Full Range said:

We have a public holiday falling on a Wednesday for Australia Day 

So I’m playing an Australian band and in the case of Split Enz from New Zealand that started careers in Australia 

Artist - Australian Crawl 

Title - The Boys Light Up 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/4998387-Australian-Crawl-The-Boys-Light-Up

526247-E3-A99-C-468-C-8484-4-F9-D426-F03

Artist - Split Enz 

Title - Collection 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/1831142-Split-Enz-The-Split-Enz-Collection-1973-1984

F44-C7841-F189-482-A-8-E15-4-FC9-F1-FFAD

• Like 5

Pulled the trigger today just to tweek @Full Range a bit.  Rush fan that he is and tweeker that I am...  😂

Unzipped this 4-LP BOOK FORM package today.  Their "Live in Cleveland" that was just released.  Was I there?  Nope, but knowing the arena's acoustics I may as well have been.  Two hours of their trademark bass heavy songs all bringing it together for a sweet close   

Side 7 they started it w/Peart, then a flip and on to the closers.  Everyone knew it was going down for a release at some point when they did the show. 

Outstanding presentation, the book look, which I've always pushed for.  Every lp has it's own sleeve.  Easy access, protected and always in order that way.  The entire show was fantastic.  Now that I think about it I might have been there.  For the life of me I don't know.  I've seen so many.   😂

IMG-20220126-153445068.jpg

CLEVELAND ROCKS!  :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Pulled the trigger today just to tweek @Full Range a bit.  Rush fan that he is and tweeker that I am...  😂

I think my Rush - Moving Pictures LP is due late April 

So a bit of a wait 

Sometimes Amazon is out of stock and nothing ever comes 

The YES - Steve Wilson mix is still in the system for over 12 months 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Amazon ships to you in AU from the US?   The wait time is that long? That's nuts.  Or do you have AmazonAU ?

Yea we have Amazon AU 

The Rush is supposed to be shipped from AU but that is the estimated delivery time 

Checked status - not shipped yet 

The Steve Wilson YES mix is from Amazon UK 🇬🇧 

Don’t think this will ever come but will keep it in the system and bug Amazon with emails every now and then, for my personal satisfaction 🤪🤪

• Like 3

14 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

In 1980 or so, the Vapors played the El Mocambo in Toronto.  They did a great show, but the singer was really disappointed with the audience’s response to the music.  He kept trying to encourage them to get up and dance, but he didn’t realize that due to a certain honey-coloured oil that was around at that time, it was a wonder that a certain group of fans sitting at several tables right at the front were able to remain in their seats, rather than sliding out of them onto the floor.  Dancing was not an option for them that evening.  They really liked the music, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I love your vinyl @Dave1291

At home it's not vinyl, but CDs, sorry. Fortunately, this is what Impulse does (or did) best: a beautiful box set with the complete recordings of Coltrane at the Village Vanguard and beautiful images

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/1196907-Coltrane-The-Complete-1961-Village-Vanguard-Recordings

_20220127_135118.thumb.JPG.841e010f1113046bbe114c465705c065.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@mustang guy thanks for that bother.  I used to put every spare cent into my album collection.  I started when I was about 11 and the only time I ever stopped was when I had my two girls.  They were more important but I still got some of the good stuff.  It's a habit I've acquired and never have kicked it to the curb like I've done w/other things.  lol  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Time for some classic theatre rock 

I went to the Sydney open air concert and had a ball - also think I got high from the smoke everyone was having 🤘😎

Remember my mate and I got there a day early and slept in the car so we can line up 

The classic Sansui amp had a ball as well 

Artist - Alice Cooper 

Title - Welcome To My Nightmare 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/3912015-Alice-Cooper-Welcome-To-My-Nightmare

E4-E24975-D4-F2-4118-B5-B3-A9-A723461740

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Full Range said:

I went to the Sydney open air concert and had a ball - also think I got high from the smoke everyone was having 🤘😎

Hahaha, from what I was told those things are fantastic.   :)

16 hours ago, Full Range said:

The classic Sansui amp had a ball as well 

I'm sure it did.  I'm actually thinking about getting my old 350w Perreaux dialed back in.  One channel fried so I'm sure it'll be pricey.  The really down side is my dude is in St. Louis.  The upside is the SM2 preamp works perfectly.  He told me he'd just do them both and match them perfectly.  So there's that.  lol

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

The cover's a bit battered, but the LP is fine:

I think it's hilarious that ppl actually "grade" the covers.  Yea, I get it but do ya really, I mean REALLY, look at the cover?  Gimme the moosic!  😂  Gonna do a lil spinnin shortly :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I think it's hilarious that ppl actually "grade" the covers.  Yea, I get it but do ya really, I mean REALLY, look at the cover?  Gimme the moosic!  😂  Gonna do a lil spinnin shortly :)

Yeah, sometimes i do... But then, i bought these used, so i care more for the vinyl inside, like You say. If i want nice covers, i buy new or mint. But most of my LPs is music I wouldn't necessarily buy new. It's more like seeing how i like stuff i haven't listened  to yet and hey, they're cheap so it wouldn't hurt too bad if I didn't like something. But this hasn't happened to me yet with anything i bought. I think this is a fun way to build one's collection. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Hahaha, from what I was told those things are fantastic.   :)

I'm sure it did.  I'm actually thinking about getting my old 350w Perreaux dialed back in.  One channel fried so I'm sure it'll be pricey.  The really down side is my dude is in St. Louis.  The upside is the SM2 preamp works perfectly.  He told me he'd just do them both and match them perfectly.  So there's that.  lol

For sure.  But baseball cards are also judged for their covers (appearance) along with who it is, what manufacturer distributed it, and so on.  For collectors, it is not always about the music unfortunately.  Who cares about them, except that sometimes they raise the price of what we like to obscene levels.  BTW, you got the beanie babies?  (crank yankers reference)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1