Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I bought a new vintage Pretube amplifier  a DYNACO PAS 4

The preamp is equipped with a matched pair Electro Harmonix Goldpin & Gold Grid 6DJ8 NoS  .The phono section with a matched pair 12AX7 Old Novosibirsk Golden Grid NoS 1972 + 2x JJ 6DJ8 Gold tubes NoS. Gonna modify him soon with Mundorf Silver / Gold and Mundorf Evo Caps as well as Silver MIcas

697397897_DynacoPas4Pic1.thumb.jpg.65f39515c3ce78a0ef5948037979e911.jpg1854785230_DynacoPas4Pic2.thumb.jpg.c13e505c66f1e35ca45e66fb44da53f5.jpg250418595_DynacoPas4.jpg.6f6dbbd15605b2e955bf7c0b6c39e0b9.jpg1809496427_DynacoTubes.thumb.jpg.caf212deb64fd508be003507acc27451.jpg

He´s fireing the ss power stage from my marantz pm11-S3

PowerAmp.thumb.jpg.525f03d014aab729bc0679403fd59caf.jpg

So now i can play

1. tube preamplifier > tube monos
2. tube preamp > transistor output stage
3. transistor preamplifier > tube monos
4. transistor preamp > transistor power amp

What shall I need more   ........smilie_op_020.gif

• Like 3

Well would you look at that!  About darn time you decided to gace us with your presence George!  I figured you were up to something.  Gave birth to another tone arm huh?  You dawg you!  Gonna sound fantastic with you in control of the arms.  Nice touch for sure! I'd hurt myself and can't imagine 3.  When is the 4th one going on?  lol  Beautiful brother!  :) 

It's cold outside and didn't roll out of bed until noon.  hahaha  Warmed things up and on an adventure...  Been a long time since I've been out to jam nite and Covid rates are up soooo.  Always nice just firing thing up and  :)  

Rory-Gallagher-50th-Anni-Remaster-2021-6

Now I see this vision posted 

9 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

So now i can play

1. tube preamplifier > tube monos
2. tube preamp > transistor output stage
3. transistor preamplifier > tube monos
4. transistor preamp > transistor power amp

What shall I need more   ........smilie_op_020.gif

4 arms?  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I bought a new vintage Pretube amplifier  a DYNACO PAS 4

The preamp is equipped with a matched pair Electro Harmonix Goldpin & Gold Grid 6DJ8 NoS  .The phono section with a matched pair 12AX7 Old Novosibirsk Golden Grid NoS 1972 + 2x JJ 6DJ8 Gold tubes NoS. Gonna modify him soon with Mundorf Silver / Gold and Mundorf Eco Caps as well as Silver MIcas

That is a well designed and built preamp and produces a beautiful soundstage on all the audio spectrum 

With some well targeted modifications with beter quality audio caps you be in audio heaven my friend 🤘🤘

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Full Range said:

That is a well designed and built preamp and produces a beautiful soundstage on all the audio spectrum 

With some well targeted modifications with betel quality caps you be in audio heaven my friend 🤘🤘

Yeah you´re right ...at the moment I´ll keep him like he is even if I got all caps & micas here to start up. But he sounds so excellent and is fully equipped with Wima caps . Gonna change the optical design as well with new silver poti bottoms and new silver device stands,you´ll see in a couple of weeks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

An audiophile acquaintance from the US has one and I remember he noted that he changed the power cord with a shielded ( nothing fancy ) and it performed a lot better and quieter 

Allready done ...LoL ....one of my diy power cords 3 x 2,5 mm2

• Like 3

While George gently sleeps 🤪

Now for a little Prog 

I read on Instagram today that over 70 thousand individuals voted this album the best live Progressive rock album  

As Im typing this post I am listening again to Suppers Ready 

Artist - Genesis 

Title - Seconds Out 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/4407284-Genesis-Seconds-Out

E4-E0-FC6-D-0-F27-426-C-A04-E-E8305209-F

5-D195-B5-C-E891-4-E3-E-9607-14-C186-AC9

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1