Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@dirtmudd 

I have placed my name on a notification list on that 3 LP Steve Hackett Tokyo tapes so I can purchase it when available 

Its $108 AU & free shipping 

On a side note I notice that Peter Gabriel is also releasing Live Blood 

Record-Store-Day-2022.jpg

Peter Gabrkel - Live Blood (3LP)

The live album Live Blood, recorded in 2011, will be released on heavyweight 33RPM 3LP in blood-red vinyl. The album has been half-speed mastered for this purpose and the album comes in a gatefold sleeve with full colour printed inner bags and a download card with a choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24bit or 16bit).

This is "Record Store Day First" vinyl release of Live Blood and this edition is limited to 5.000 copies.

Side A

1 Intruder
2 Wallflower
3 The Boy in the Bubble
4 Après Moi

Side B

1 The Drop
2 Washing of the Water
3 The Book of Love
4 Darkness
5 The Power of the Heart

Side C

1 Biko
2 San Jacinto
3 Digging in the Dirt
4 Signal to Noise

Side D

1 Downside Up
2 Mercy Street
3 The Rhythm of the Heat

Side E

1 Blood of Eden
2 Red Rain
3 Solsbury Hill

Side F

1 In Your Eyes
2 Don’t Give Up
3 The Nest that Sailed the Sky

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Full Range said:

Glam rock 

Debut album 

Artist - Lou Reed

Title - Transformer 

0-B7-E657-E-122-D-4-C76-8-E01-A5-BF7-AEB

5 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I've kept my copy in its original wrapper because I love the sticker so much! 

PSX_20220219_100208.jpg

2 hours ago, Area 51 said:

A largely under appreciated album, it's one of my all time favorites.

Have my rsd the way.. I picked up a few years back..

• Like 2

Hello my vinyl loving friends!  Been a while, but I was very excited today, as I UNboxed a brand new turntable this morning.  Took 3 weeks from order to delivery.  This is a U-Turn Orbit custom.   In white, with all the options except built in photo stage, cue lever, Ortofon 'blue' cart and solid acrylic platter in place according to the order.  

Just gave it the acid test with the Telarc re-issue on 200 gram. vinyl with the infamous cannon 'volley'!  Did it pass?  NO, this was setup at the factory at 1.7 grams like my Rega, and would not track through the blasts, maybe three?, but the last few are the loudest with the most dynamic range possible on vinyl.   The Rega gets through all EXCEPT the very last one, and even that gets EJECTED from the groove. 

Paul, I would LOVE to see how your short linear tracking arm would handle those super grooves?

Enjoying Steely Dan now - Gaucho, sounding very nice, happy with this new table so far, and, it was made in a little factory only about 80 miles from my home here in MA. :emotion-21:

I'll be returning again in a bit, got more records to spin and enjoy 🍷 ....cheers!

Here is the shot of the Telarc LP with inner booklet on the Rega....IMG-0153.jpg

The WARNING on the booklet (also on the outside box cover)IMG-0157.jpg

..........which none of mine can :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Full Range said:

@dirtmudd 

I have placed my name on a notification list on that 3 LP Steve Hackett Tokyo tapes so I can purchase it when available 

Its $108 AU & free shipping 

On a side note I notice that Peter Gabriel is also releasing Live Blood 

Record-Store-Day-2022.jpg

Peter Gabrkel - Live Blood (3LP)

The live album Live Blood, recorded in 2011, will be released on heavyweight 33RPM 3LP in blood-red vinyl. The album has been half-speed mastered for this purpose and the album comes in a gatefold sleeve with full colour printed inner bags and a download card with a choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24bit or 16bit).

This is "Record Store Day First" vinyl release of Live Blood and this edition is limited to 5.000 copies.

Side A

1 Intruder
2 Wallflower
3 The Boy in the Bubble
4 Après Moi

Side B

1 The Drop
2 Washing of the Water
3 The Book of Love
4 Darkness
5 The Power of the Heart

Side C

1 Biko
2 San Jacinto
3 Digging in the Dirt
4 Signal to Noise

Side D

1 Downside Up
2 Mercy Street
3 The Rhythm of the Heat

Side E

1 Blood of Eden
2 Red Rain
3 Solsbury Hill

Side F

1 In Your Eyes
2 Don’t Give Up
3 The Nest that Sailed the Sky

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GWSmith said:

Hello my vinyl loving friends!  Been a while, but I was very excited today, as I UNboxed a brand new turntable this morning.  Took 3 weeks from order to delivery.  This is a U-Turn Orbit custom.   In white, with all the options except built in photo stage, cue lever, Ortofon 'blue' cart and solid acrylic platter in place according to the order.  

Enjoy the new TT mate 

I know and read about the TT but never seen or heard one in person 

1 hour ago, GWSmith said:

Paul, I would LOVE to see how your short linear tracking arm would handle those super grooves?

It normally handles anything in the collection 

Post a link of the best record release of 1812 and will search it out 

2 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Just gave it the acid test with the Telarc re-issue on 200 gram. vinyl with the infamous cannon 'volley'!  Did it pass?  NO, this was setup at the factory at 1.7 grams like my Rega, and would not track through the blasts, maybe three?, but the last few are the loudest with the most dynamic range possible on vinyl.   The Rega gets through all EXCEPT the very last one, and even that gets EJECTED from the groove. 

Enjoying Steely Dan now - Gaucho, sounding very nice, happy with this new table so far, and, it was made in a little factory only about 80 miles from my home here in MA. :emotion-21:

I'll be returning again in a bit, got more records to spin and enjoy 🍷 ....cheers!

Here is the shot of the Telarc LP with inner booklet on the Rega....IMG-0153.jpg

The WARNING on the booklet (also on the outside box cover)IMG-0157.jpg

..........which none of mine can :lol:

I have three recordings of the 1812 Ouverture, maybe 4, while none comes with a warning. 

One comes with the explicit mention 'it is compatible with all phonographs' while the other two explicitly mention it was recorded digitally...

O tempora o mores. 

PSX_20220219_230909.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the compliments everyone, too funny, the table was still less expensive then the Exact 2 cartridge on the Rega!, I have not made any comparisons just yet, however, there is a little down side to the Rega that no one seems to talk about that I have learned to ignore.  (besides the wobble from the cheap subplatter which I quickly disgarded and upgraded).

I find that listening to fine orchestral recordings that go down to a whisper and then the full dynamic capabilities (where most of our studio recordings reside), the quiet passages can be VERY revealing to noises.   The motor on the Rega can be heard IN the cartridge when you are in the last track and even more so in the 'dead wax' area when the cart head is directly over the motor!

Here, the U-Turn doesn't suffer with an outside belt drive and the motor in the far corner well isolated.    Just my observations so far.  :) And the platter?  No up and down wobble detected, amazing!  Small, young company got certain things figured out and correct the first time :emotion-21:.   I am pretty happy with the purchase thus far.

Ok, back to the live concert from Boston.   Back in a bit with Julie 🍷

OH, Paul, I will look around for that recording for you!  They made only 1000 in 2015 and my buddy and I bought our copies as soon as they became available.  It was a very special happening/pressing with Telarc. and the late, great, Michael Bishop/Jack Renner.

• Like 2

Ok, back with a cool photo.  A sync play going on right now, me in MA, and another friend on the forum in Wyoming.  You can see the signatures on the front cover.  BB in front of his last name, and BB on TOP= my copy.  IMG-0160.jpg

Here's his VPI in a brand new listening space.spacer.png

..another view of mine...   well friends, once this disc gets flipped and concluded, I will be heading off to the rack, close to midnight in my time zone.   Been fun, be back soon!IMG-0161.jpg

• Like 4