Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

19 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I will try 

Currently servicing a Seventh Day Adventist college 

And can’t work Friday sunset to Saturday sunset 

So Sunday morning is reserved for them 

Aaaaw, ok, we'll keep tryin'.............meanwhile, we both got Diana Krall going now, fun evening :DIMG-0166.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Something a little different now 

Third album release is - Art/Prog rock 

The guitarist from early Genesis he played on the first 2 albums 

Leaving Genesis in 1970 after experiencing major case of stage fright. 

Artist - Anthony Phillips 

Title - Wise After The Event 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/1735579-Anthony-Phillips-Wise-After-The-Event

A5364-A18-14-B6-4179-9-C06-0241-EB2-CC6-

• Like 2

I got a CD copy of Hunky Dory a couple of months ago, when the owners of one of the nearby record shops retired and everything was 50% off.  I kept saving money until I ran out of money.  Actually, the store closed after I only had time to clean out one of the two long aisles.  The CD is great, and I wish I had bought it long ago.

• Like 3

Thanks, you are correct of course, I have read that also.

That is why i avoid picture LPs, but this one is so pretty 😍.

And there is a poster too.

Out of just a few picture discs I have, I bought them new and none of them has issues being dirty and all of them are pretty quiet regarding acoustical noise. Also, I have not noticed them being particularly worse then the same albums I have in other formats. May be a bit "soft" sounding but nothing really to point at.

Therefore I was actually surprised that this particular album has more dynamics on LP than on CD. That is the first in my collection.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just spinnin some Eagles stuff lately.  I've been thinkin about a couple tickets to see them in Columbus in April.  I saw the show last September in Phoenix and knew they were doing a complete tour this year.  I'm just wondering if they're taking everything they used on the 11 stop tour they did last year.  If so it's going to be an amazing show.  

Of course there's a back story.  A fem that slips out to jam nite was telling me she'd always loved them but never saw them.  She slipped over for a spin of their "Live @ the Forum" box set the other day and was singing along with their songs so Mr Nice Guy stepped up.  Found an excuse to hit them again and she's totally stoked to see them.    Nah nuttin goin on but she still turns heads @ 60 so I guess it'll work.  hahaha  

No clue what's going on the table later I'm still workin on my coffee!  😂

• Like 5

I am continuing on with the same artist now 

This is the debut album from the ex Genesis guitarist 

Need to look at how many albums I have - but from memory it’s about 7 

Artist - Anthony Phillips 

Title - The Geese & the Ghost 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/1784488-Anthony-Phillips-The-Geese-The-Ghost

925-D6-FD4-A11-F-4198-BB52-74-EFA53-BAE4

• Like 5