Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

28 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I have that album as well 

A concept album gave Robert Fripp the idea of Frippertronics from the tape looping method Fripp and Eno were using 

“Swastika Girls” still sounds amazing nearly 50 years later.  

Fripp also produced and appeared on the Roches’ first album.  One of my favorites.

DE430CF8-C823-429E-9160-CDFDD750C770.jpeg

0ED488B0-0D1B-4C81-BECA-8C408151A8B5.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sputnik said:

Fripp also produced and appeared on the Roches’ first album.  One of my favorites.

Yep 

Got that one as well 😎 

Terre Roach sang on Exposure 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sputnik said:

Nice 701. A Dual 701 or 721 would probably somehow fit into my collection. But I' m still busy with maintenance of my 1218.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Full Range said:

Yep 

Got that one as well 😎 

Terre Roach sang on Exposure 

I didn’t know that.  Hadn’t played that album for years and pulled it out to see.  Nice to hear it again.   Thanks.

3514BDA2-1C8B-44B6-A397-3A0F322BF9DB.jpeg

E7531C7F-7D46-4BC1-A228-19F5C202E66B.jpeg

• Like 3

Now an album by a master guitarist is spinning tonight AU time 

What you hear is a broad variation of all kind of guitars. The tracks range from near classical to Prog to almost techno

Artist - Phil Manzanera 

Title - Primitive Guitars

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/1138642-Phil-Manzanera-Primitive-Guitars

B86856-FB-B08-C-4-B96-8-E0-C-F27-D446-E9

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Nice 701. A Dual 701 or 721 would probably somehow fit into my collection. But I' m still busy with maintenance of my 1218.

Yes, it’s a gem - German engineering 🇩🇪.  I have another 701 stashed away for back-up or parts but this one just keeps turning.  The queuing damper isn’t like new but that’s no big deal.  I have an old 1219 too.  I’ve only run them with the stock Shure VN15III carts and I still have a few NOS carts and styli to last the rest of my life.

8EE4997B-F441-4DD1-AA88-ED245F6E4714.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Have been spinning most of the day here.  Some old and some new.  Just a few.  No rhyme or reason.  Just chillin and blowin off jam nite.   Then it happened.

Buddy decided to do the vocals so I've been setting him up for this one for months.  He does this hoochie cootchie squat down w/his mic BUT he's getting too old & fat to pull off that spring move up.  Plus he's prolly been drinking all afternoon.  A lot of us out there are in on this one.  Tonight he got down and a couple of the women went out and offered their hands to help him up.  I just got a video of the entire thing.  😂  😂  😂  I'm dyin...  :)

I could post it on his fb page and give him a real ride but think I'm just gonna play stupid and see if he says anything about it.  hahaha  THEN post it on his fb page.  Yea, I'm THAT ruthless!!!

King-Crimson-Red-1974.jpg

:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sure why not?  Such a great old lp from Roy Buchanan.  

Live Stock is a 1975 live album by Roy Buchanan released on Polydor. The album documents a show consisting of blues standards and a few originals[1] played in New York City, with an additional song ("I'm Evil") added from a later show in Evanston, Illinois. The cover photo was taken by Alan McDermott[2] and sent to Roy by Australian music commentator Glenn A. Baker. Live Stock is, reportedly, one of two Buchanan albums that influenced Jeff Beck, who dedicated a song to Buchanan on his 1975 album Blow by Blow.[3] 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3