Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Mary McCaslin’s voice was pure silver.  We saw her several years ago at a very small venue here.  She looked frail and her voice was all but lost - still a very touching performance. We got to visit with her a bit too.  As of a couple of years ago, she was confined to a wheelchair suffering from progressive supranuclear palsy, “a neurodegenerative brain condition similar to Parkinson’s disease,” and no longer able to play guitar or sing.  In my humble opinion, she recorded the finest version ever of Ghost Riders in the Sky.

CBE6E646-35A2-4A71-AA4B-4073DB14C92A.jpeg

Give this a listen.

• Like 8

I don't do any needle drops anywhere.  I always start at the beginning and play the entire album.  I paid for the thing so I listen to it all.  :) 

I go analytical on many wondering why it was put together the way it was.  Sometimes other songs merit as well as the "ones" you like.  No lift chair here yet either.  But maybe.

Ever wonder how many times you've gotten up to flip an album in your lifetime?

Nope not me.  I'm ridin the storm out til i HAVE to get up.  

State Trooper friend of min told me when he retired he wished he had a dime for every flip he made in his 30 years as a road wario.   I said yea, me too!   Had a good laff outta that one.  )

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Took advantage of a bit of well deserved down time.  It actually was a nice 73 here yesterday but then came the new front.  Rain all nite and most of the morning and my puddles in the yard are back.  51 outside today sucks soooo...  Unzipped a few.  :)

A 2020 remaster of a 5000 RSD release on 180 gram w/a couple extra bonus tracks.  Actually a pretty solid album w/layered bass tracks which add to the sound imo.  

Worth the money?  IF you like Rush it's a winner but Geddy adds to the coolness factor.  It's easy peasy and cooks too.  Got a sub for the bass tracks?  It's stellar here.  Very good lp just runnin w/o the sub on my LS too.  Solid and captivating.  No Neil on drums but Matt Cameron fills in and sounds fantastic.  

The YouTube vid?  Lee's concept and thoughts on the lp are alllll there.  IF ya like Rush snag it if ya can. :)

IMG-20220305-191115256.jpg 

My Favourite Headache (also published as My Favorite Headache, especially in the United States) is the debut solo album by Geddy Lee of Canadian rock band Rush. The album was released on November 14, 2000, by Anthem Records in Canada and Atlantic Records outside of Canada. Both the title track and "Grace to Grace" received play on mainstream rock radio, and the album itself peaked at No. 52 on the Billboard 200.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sing a long today!!!  I'd always heard the 2011 Steven Wilson re-mix of this Ian Anderson  staple of so many rockers today  FINALLY released in 180gram and trust me it's ahhhhhmazing!  Totally enhanced taking some of the brittle high ends off and dialing in razor sharp enhancing everything.  @Mossy bottomya listening???  Now order the thing and you'll get lost in a heartbeat.  😂  😎  It just keeps getting better! 

Yup, if you ever enjoyed Aqualung as a listen you're waaaay cra cra if you pass it up.

IMG-20220307-155452074.jpg

• Like 8

Good evening everyone...........well, it is Wednesday evening here and over on RTM doing a vinyl spin or two.

So, I noticed on this page, there were some recordings being played that were pretty vintage.

I find it difficult to imagine that I have had this album some 51 years and bought it brand new when it was newly released, I had just graduated from highschool a short time before hand, and I am going to be 70 this year !!

James Taylor - Mud Slide Slim .....here is a photo on the brand new U-Turn Custom IMG-0294.jpg

• Like 5

Jumping ahead some 44 years later............Beyond This World.....  A nice sound and a bit better recorded audio quality for sure over the vintage LP played above.  Front album cover art.  IMG-0296.jpg

• Like 4