Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Agreed!  This is really a rock and roll performance from 1962 !  And by this vibe shot, I would say a sync play is happening :DIMG-0337.jpg

Nice photo! Love the laptop screen!

Been a long time comin' for that!

I was noticing the more up beat rock rhythms as well...it was '62.

Just fantastic!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a price tag from one of the great audio and electronic supply stores in our area.   I remember my dad taking me here.  One side of the store sold raw speakers of all sizes, tubes, electronic parts and also a great repair service.  The other half of the building had listening rooms.  They were a BIG McIntosh dealer, had all kinds of listening rooms, huge record dept. also a TV dept.  This was LONG before ANY Radio Shack's appeared on the screen.

I remember being there when the Beatles had just arrived on the scene.  There was this advertisement sign in the store with each of their cardboard heads rocking back and forth with those weird recip. battery powered motors.   I over heard someone walking by and looked at the sign and said something like "You can have them!"   HA HA.   Anyway, here is the tag which is stuck on the rear cover....IMG-0336.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Here is a price tag from one of the great audio and electronic supply stores in our area.   I remember my dad taking me here.  One side of the store sold raw speakers of all sizes, tubes, electronic parts and also a great repair service.  The other half of the building had listening rooms.  They were a BIG McIntosh dealer, had all kinds of listening rooms, huge record dept. also a TV dept.  This was LONG before ANY Radio Shack's appeared on the screen.

I remember being there when the Beatles had just arrived on the scene.  There was this advertisement sign in the store with each of their cardboard heads rocking back and forth with those weird recip. battery powered motors.   I over heard someone walking by and looked at the sign and said something like "You can have them!"   HA HA.   Anyway, here is the tag which is stuck on the rear cover....IMG-0336.jpg

Marked down from $4.99!

Thanks for the memories...I miss those old Stereo shops...They were fun.  Early Radio Shacks before computers were always fun to go to as well.  Yup, It's a different world...

• Thanks 1

Well, this sure has been a great evening here in Paul's place :), and I hope he didn't mind that we hijacked it for a while tonight.  :unsure:  Ok Mossy, I am heading for the rack and closing down the Hall for now.  Next Saturday for the LIVE BSO concert for sure.   Everyone have a great evening, we'll be back 🌙 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mossy bottom said:

Well my record stylus just ran out...

I think that will do it for me this evening.  Thanks so much Gary, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Great records!

Perhaps Wednesday?

Have a good week, and until the next time cheers!

Look me up Wednesday Mossy, I should be around !  Cya then !

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Well, this sure has been a great evening here in Paul's place :), and I hope he didn't mind that we hijacked it for a while tonight.  :unsure:  Ok Mossy, I am heading for the rack and closing down the Hall for now.  Next Saturday for the LIVE BSO concert for sure.   Everyone have a great evening, we'll be back 🌙 

It’s everyone’s place, and you are very welcome here 

I enjoyed reading the posts 

45 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

Marked down from $4.99!

Thanks for the memories...I miss those old Stereo shops...They were fun.  Early Radio Shacks before computers were always fun to go to as well.  Yup, It's a different world...

First price recollection for me was $6.99 AU for new releases 

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 1:47 AM, Mossy bottom said:

Good Sunday evening everyone.

So glad I'm able to spin a record or two tonight.

I really like these Reference Recording LP's.  Particularly when Professor Johnson is the recording engineer.

Exotic Dances from the Opera

Eiji Oue conducting the Minnesota Orchestra

spacer.png

Gonna sell my Micro immediately ..if you sell me your high tec TT

Mossy.jpg.8603a3d1bd59cbd290c6e844be18b14c.jpg

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Gonna sell my Micro immediately ..if you sell me your high tec TT

Mossy.jpg.8603a3d1bd59cbd290c6e844be18b14c.jpg

🤣 SOLD!!

Too Funny.

Actually, the records on the player are drink coasters.  A gift from my wife for my recently finished music room.

Cheers

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1