Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@JohnJYea, been there and done that too.  I toyed with it a bit.  It should sound great when it's finished but we'll see how that rolls.  I'm in the armpit of Ohio.  Hour from Toledo, two hours south of Cleveland and an hour north of Columbus.  Right in the middle of that triangle and can't draw squat.  Always been that way around here.  Course I could prolly pay $20 a month and get wired up to cable but I think they cut that completely off their system.  Whoa, just had an idea!  I could borrow Floyd's pink pig, tether it w/coax and fly it about 40' above the house.  Yea, buddy!  😂

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Yea, had to keep up w/Full Range when he broke out all his beautiful solid state gear.  I scratched an itch I'd had since these came out.  Too pricey back in the day.  I had a big Marantz and I was never home enough to truly enjoy it.

This is the second Mac 4100 receiver I've seen my auctioneer post in the past 2-3 months so I caved.  Got it at a great price but it was on a shelf in some old guy's 3 car garage full of junk.  I also got a Sony cd player and Teac cassette deck as a bonus.  It was powering a pair of old Zenith Allegro box speakers from the 60's or so.  I just laffed and brought it home.  Wiped an inch of dust off and fired it up.  Could push it and leave it alone but I'll drop it off to the Mc tech a couple hours away.  For what I payed it's the least I can do.  Sounds great on my old Heresy right now!  :)

Yea, this one's on you @Full Range!  ALL your fault. 😂

IMG-20220408-191347194.jpg

smilie_op_022.gif   to be sure that you don´t destroy this beauty ...here´s the operation owners manual for you

http://www.berners.ch/McIntosh/Downloads/MAC4100_own.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

are you buying tickets for the show!

Normally I would 

I work about 5 streets from the venue 

However Monday is not a good day for me work wise - if it was Sat / Sunday then I would be there in the front row 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Got this one from a member over at the German DUAL Forum. Excellent condition:

IMG_2071.jpg.4063273b602baadfdd6b2533a8d1062e.jpg

It´s a must to see their Concert " Stop Making Sense " , from the beginning to the end !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

@GWSmith & @Mossy bottom

My Tchaikovsky 1812 just arrived

The one sourced locally after the cancellation of the previous over seas purchase, and thankfully in NM condition 

Had a look at the Matrix / Runout inscription - TELSS 10041-A-12 M-1 B.L.-R.D.-RW Manufactured in Germany EDP 33 

It’s variant 3 Side 1 on the ID 

Album ID - 

https://www.discogs.com/release/2205254-Tchaikovsky-Cincinnati-Symphony-Orchestra-Erich-Kunzel-1812-Capriccio-Italien-Cossack-Dance-From-Maz

EDIT 

I just realised that the record is indeed the one above (Hooray) 

The actual cover is this one where they state it was distributed by Audio Technica 

https://www.discogs.com/release/15487551-Tchaikovsky-Cincinnati-Symphony-Orchestra-Erich-Kunzel-1812-Capriccio-Italien-Cossack-Dance-From-Maz

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just arrived this morning 

A challenging record to be sure for most set ups 

I can confirm that my tonearm *did not even flinch * when the cannon fire was set off 

The album Runout ID is the one to get based on various forums and recommended by @GWSmith

Runout inscription - TELSS 10041-A-12 M-1 B.L.-R.D.-RW Manufactured in Germany 

Title - Tchaikovsky*, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Erich Kunzel – 1812 / Capriccio Italien / "Cossack Dance" From Mazeppa

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/2205254-Tchaikovsky-Cincinnati-Symphony-Orchestra-Erich-Kunzel-1812-Capriccio-Italien-Cossack-Dance-From-Maz

D5-B89-DC4-8-A32-4-F92-9-A2-F-75-AF4-BB2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good news mates ..both tonarms are on their way back to my home. Bills are paid

Works that were done on the SME

Complete optical and technical Revision
New SME moddy kit gold 24 carat RCA
OFC copper tonearm inner wiring
Bronze cutting bearing
Headshell Connector revised
Statics and balance checked and straightened

Micro Seiki MA 505 MK II

Complete optical and technical Revision

VTA on the flight Revision and serviced 

New Wolfram String for Antiskating function
New gold 5 Pin SME Connector
OFC copper tonearm inner wiring
Headshell Connector revised
Statics and balance checked and straightened

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@JohnJ  see that?  Send him a couple albums and a t-shirt...  Just like Pavlov!    It's conditioning ya know.  May as well send him your Clemson gear since you're now lovin U of Miami...   :)

Jamin just a tad this afternoon.  Haven't been out to jam night so gonna get ready to slide out tomorrow evening.  Sit back and watch mah dancing girls and listen to the boys.  

No rhyme or reason...  :)

Black_Oak_Arkansas.jpg

^^^^^^ one for the Birthday boy!  :)

frank_zappa_just_another_band_from_LA.jp

Elvin_Bishop_0_Charlie_Musselwhite_-_100

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@MicroMara Glad you got the bill paid!  Should be pretty slick now so sit back and enjoy it.

Dropped that Mcintosh off and asked if he'd recap w/YOUR caps and he told me np he's done it before, can't hear much of a difference and it would cost me at least $2500 and would take some time to do.  Seriously???  I've got one foot in the grave!  You're such a tease!  hahaha

That table should be amazing and really didn't take too long to get done.  Going for the 3rd arm next?  😂

• Like 3