Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

8 hours ago, KROCK said:

Yea, it'll probably take you another 4 years to get it all back to working order........

Let's go kid. get off your ***. 😁

Don't be so hard on Mike , he has it hard enough , 4 years without vinyl ? How to survive this ? I get already inflammation after 2 weeks...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Don't be so hard on Mike , he has it hard enough , 4 years without vinyl ? How to survive this ? I get already inflammation after 2 weeks...

He calls me & listens to my system.🤪

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Anyway. I purchased a Cadenza Black w/15hrs. on it last weekend. Since then I put another 20 hrs. on it. Hate going thru these changes, but I'm sure the pain will pay off, hopefully in about 15 more hrs.. From what a read, some say 50hrs. & some said 80 to 100 hrs.. 'CHEESE N RICE' My Hana ML just came to life after 200hrs. I hope the Black doesn't take that long. Hope the Hamster can hold out that long. 😁 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Anyway. I purchased a Cadenza Black w/15hrs. on it last weekend. Since then I put another 20 hrs. on it. Hate going thru these changes, but I'm sure the pain will pay off, hopefully in about 15 more hrs.. From what a read, some say 50hrs. & some said 80 to 100 hrs.. 'CHEESE N RICE' My Hana ML just came to life after 200hrs. I hope the Black doesn't take that long. Hope the Hamster can hold out that long. 😁 

self-inflicted.. Ortofon & Hana  ...if you likethese MC´s  that´s fine ,

did you thought about these things ...

MM and MI cartridges have a higher needle compliance than MC cartridges, these have a more stiffer needle compliance

Low compliance = hard suspended systems = values between 6 and 12 µm/mN
Medium compliance = medium hard/medium soft suspended systems = values between 11 and 22 µm/mN

High compliance = soft suspended systems = 22 to 30 µm/mN

Very high compliance = very soft suspended systems = 30 to > 40 µm/mN

Tonearms can be roughly classified according to the following scale

Ultra light tonearm: 4 to 5 grams

Lightweight tonearm: 6 to 9 grams
Medium-weight tonearm: 9 to 15 grams (most of the arms used today)
Heavy tonearm: 19 to 24 grams
Very heavy tonearm: 25 grams and more

Tonearm and cartridge as spring-mass system

The mentioned values/classifications are important because the combination of tonearm and cartridge represents a spring-mass system. Like all classic spring pendulums, such a combination has a natural frequency that depends on the hardness of the spring and the mass of the whole system. This is the famous "moving mass", and only this is decisive: If the hardness of the spring increases (i.e. with lower compliance), the resonant frequency increases. If, in turn, more mass is added, the resonant frequency decreases.

The excitation of the mass-spring-system and the consequences

Now what happens if you excite this mass-spring-system with its natural frequency? Logically: it resonates, so that the oscillation becomes extremely upsetting. These oscillations in turn superimpose other frequencies. They lead to disturbances or booming and color the sound image or restrict the exact reproduction of the music.

Don´t know if you know this thread @KROCK you may have a look if you want , have fun

• Thanks 4

@Dave1291 & @JohnJ & @Full Range, & @KROCK, & @MeloManiac, @dirtmudd,  happy easter to you .

I´m still awake, because I checked the Elko Values from my Dynaco PAS 4 Tube Pre , because I gonna change them with Nichicon Muse or Elna Silmic II Series. Since two hours I trying to find the values needed, looks bad , here in the States ..no problem ,but in europe we got so much material delivery delays</problems . Becomes difficult for me to change them quickly .

On the other hand ..by the end of this week , my serviced tonearms are back and than I got enough to do with my TT , need to change all Headshells with all my  Cartridges , have to decide which Pick Up for which Headshell fits on which Tonearm. Than I have to alligne them according to Bearwald, Lofgren or Stevensen Geometry . 😇

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mine is different now but the reason for it is still the same! Hope it was good for you and yours George.

Yep That rig of yours looks like it take maintenance to keep up. Hope mine does not need anything unexpected whenever I get it set up again! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MicroMara, excellent read. Buying into another MC is for the best of my SME 309/9.5gm & the Cadenza/10.7gr.. I felt it was a good match. Now moving iron, being Sound Smith or Grado nothing really came up to positive with my 309. I felt with my speakers & my system I needed to mellow things out a lil. After The 50hr mark I should know if the Black would be a keeper. Already the music I know,& what to listen for, I hear with my 311 horns. The base is now more there (defined) with the Black, & the mid base has already improved over the Hana. The Hana is no slouch & plays bad recording better then the Black. Now mind you, I switched the arms Between my tables, maybe in the future the 1210 arm on my 1200 would be a better match for a moving iron. I have AT 150 mlx on there now & it sings (fine match). Now if anyone says that LaScalas have no base, send them here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I have chores/ repairs to do around the house 

She that needs to be obeyed has made the suggestion 

Play a record and then finish the jobs ( love that girl )

This album is another new arrival 

When you see the cover does it remind you of that sci-fi movie 🎥 

Artist - Ringo Starr

Title - Good Night Vienna 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/4754718-Ringo-Starr-Goodnight-Vienna

921-FA8-E4-55-E9-41-B2-AF5-D-A332-D476-B

32254-FD1-99-AE-433-D-8-E55-3-F176-BC45-

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Than I have to alligne them according to Bearwald, Lofgren or Stevensen Geometry . 😇

Would that be Nils Lofgren?  😂  Now I'm thinking about using them in that Mc4100.  I'm totally insane but man why not?   Elna caps.  Both you and Paul are nuts BUT maybe this tech is deaf too..  Arrrrrrgh

3 hours ago, KROCK said:

Hope the Hamster can hold out that long. 😁 

That was funny!  We ALL know you don't have a hamster!  Or do ya?   :)

• Haha 3

Better get this up in case anyone's interested.  Got this Saturday and it's amazingly good.  Mastered @ Abbey Road plus it's a HALF-SPEED.  Soooo, if ya have an extra $50 in communion stash you too can kick back and enjoy some Police.  Not a fan?  Well suck it up buttercup.  Look at it this way.  You've got it all and it'll be impressive.  Stewart Copeland is right there on side 1 but when side 2 kicks in you're gonna truly like him if you don't now.  He's captivating and it's a great ride.  Pretty amazing listen also.  I don't think it could get much better.  Got my double thumbs up!

IMG-20220416-231133849.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Better get this up in case anyone's interested.  Got this Saturday and it's amazingly good.  Mastered @ Abbey Road plus it's a HALF-SPEED.  Soooo, if ya have an extra $50 in communion stash you too can kick back and enjoy some Police.  Not a fan?  Well suck it up buttercup.  Look at it this way.  You've got it all and it'll be impressive.  Stewart Copeland is right there on side 1 but when side 2 kicks in you're gonna truly like him if you don't now.  He's captivating and it's a great ride.  Pretty amazing listen also.  I don't think it could get much better.  Got my double thumbs up!

IMG-20220416-231133849.jpg

Ordered Sat. should be here by tomorrow. Dave, hows the recording quality?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KROCK said:

Ordered Sat. should be here by tomorrow. Dave, hows the recording quality?

OUTSTANDING! @KROCK

I got the boxed set a couple hundred pages ago. There aren't too many "extras" like sneezes, talking or pick noise included on the Masters they used.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Would that be Nils Lofgren?  😂  Now I'm thinking about using them in that Mc4100.  I'm totally insane but man why not?   Elna caps.  Both you and Paul are nuts BUT maybe this tech is deaf too..  Arrrrrrgh

No No Dave it´s not Nils , I know you were kidding 😃, Lofgren, Baerwald ( @JohnJ No No not David Bearwald 😂 )  and Stevenson produced identical and exact equations for optimum offset angle and optimum overhang. BTW ...I got all Elkos that I need, they´re from Nichicon not Elma ! In addition I ordered 11 Mundorf Evo Caps to be changed for the Wima Caps. Than the project on the Dynaco Pas 4 Tube Pre amp is completed. Well Dave ...the first moddy on the Pas 4 was so clearly audible that it was a must for me  to do the second step as well. Let you know when it´s done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Mine is different now but the reason for it is still the same! Hope it was good for you and yours George.

Yep That rig of yours looks like it take maintenance to keep up. Hope mine does not need anything unexpected whenever I get it set up again! 

It´s passion and the love to audio technology  and music, that´s why I´m doing all these upgrates . Example my RF 7 EvoTec´s will guide me till the end of my days. Had some audio friends here , one of them offered me close to 20K€ for them . Not for sale.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Full Range said:

I have chores/ repairs to do around the house 

She that needs to be obeyed has made the suggestion 

Play a record and then finish the jobs ( love that girl )

This album is another new arrival 

When you see the cover does it remind you of that sci-fi movie 🎥 

Artist - Ringo Starr

Title - Good Night Vienna 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/4754718-Ringo-Starr-Goodnight-Vienna

921-FA8-E4-55-E9-41-B2-AF5-D-A332-D476-B

32254-FD1-99-AE-433-D-8-E55-3-F176-BC45-

Have a good sleep Paul

smilie_gr_77.gif

• Haha 3