Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

19 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@MicroMara That "friend"? Does he not realize that your "Long Live the Queen" speakers were a labor of love for your music?

To the other story going on here for a day or so there is one moral to take heed of:  Don't f with Nanook!

Everyone who has heard them wants to buy them 😂

Nanook in German means ICEBEAR ( Eisbär )

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Better get this up in case anyone's interested.  Got this Saturday and it's amazingly good.  Mastered @ Abbey Road plus it's a HALF-SPEED.  Soooo, if ya have an extra $50 in communion stash you too can kick back and enjoy some Police.  Not a fan?  Well suck it up buttercup.  Look at it this way.  You've got it all and it'll be impressive.  Stewart Copeland is right there on side 1 but when side 2 kicks in you're gonna truly like him if you don't now.  He's captivating and it's a great ride.  Pretty amazing listen also.  I don't think it could get much better.  Got my double thumbs up!

IMG-20220416-231133849.jpg

Police is german is called POLIZISTEN or POLIZEI

• Like 3

Long time ago he was an Eskimo character in the movies, think Frank Zappa re-incarnated him for some of his stories!

*Those Eskimos are Inuit and Nanook was a Polar Bear Spirit or something like that George!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Long time ago he was an Eskimo character in the movies, think Frank Zappa re-incarnated him for some of his stories!

*Those Eskimos are Inuit and Nanook was a Polar Bear Spirit or something like that George!

Hi

Nanook of the North is a french / american movie of 1922, after decline storie specaly for childs with bear (Nanouk name in inuit, Icebear/Eisbär says Micromara), dog, ... with same name. Zappa made an "Apostrophe" record on this film, but I didn't listen to it

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanouk_l'Esquimau

Nanook with vinyl (acetate in 78tr) 😎

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHzqi7Ri6pQMhNnKBk4IP

if you want to watch the movie >>>  https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/transcoded/0/08/Nanook_of_the_North.webm/Nanook_of_the_North.webm.720p.vp9.webm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 4/18/2022 at 12:29 AM, Dave1291 said:

Better get this up in case anyone's interested.  Got this Saturday and it's amazingly good.  Mastered @ Abbey Road plus it's a HALF-SPEED.  Soooo, if ya have an extra $50 in communion stash you too can kick back and enjoy some Police.  Not a fan?  Well suck it up buttercup.  Look at it this way.  You've got it all and it'll be impressive.  Stewart Copeland is right there on side 1 but when side 2 kicks in you're gonna truly like him if you don't now.  He's captivating and it's a great ride.  Pretty amazing listen also.  I don't think it could get much better.  Got my double thumbs up!

IMG-20220416-231133849.jpg

Thanks Dave, better the the original recordings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Back to business , the SME is built up and sounds better than ever before . In two days I´ll install the MA 505 MK II . In the meantime I use the Micro Seiki AX 1 Armborad to place record covers there.

Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention " One size fits it all "

zappa.thumb.jpg.e00222eaf1852b33472c74f45d0bee54.jpg

This picture shows the bronze cutting bearing which supports the arm.

330666088_SMEBronzeschneidelager.thumb.jpg.c1d7800758c76db34f8ce77072cb74cd.jpg

The following work was done on the tone arm

- Arm completely disassembled and cleaned
- Vertical bearing cleaned, sprayed and the bearing play precisely adjusted
- Cleaned the contacts of the headshell connector and checked the ease of movement of the spring contacts.
- Replaced plastic cutting bearing with bronze cutting bearing
- Cleaning and polishing of the horizontal bearing seat
- Rewiring of the tone arm with ultra pure copper stranded silk wire
- New 24 carat gold plated RCA jacks

The SME 3009 Improved S 2 sounds quieter, at the same time also more dynamic, finer and more natural. Voices are more graceful and realistic. The stage structure is clearly better. Width and depth are a bit more pronounced. So,  I like the tonearm very much and in my opinion it has made a real class leap. Wonderful, I do not regret a cent !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@MicroMara

Do you have any opinion on the anti-skate weight being hung on a string as opposed to not?

My old YAH P-520 had the weight?? with a dial on the plinth to adjust it.

My ProJect Classic has the weight hanging by some fishing line like above.

Aesthetics - looks retro but I dislike it

Functionally - what is your opinion if any

just curious haven't bothered to look it up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@MicroMara

Do you have any opinion on the anti-skate weight being hung on a string as opposed to not?

My old YAH P-520 had the weight?? with a dial on the plinth to adjust it.

My ProJect Classic has the weight hanging by some fishing line like above.

Aesthetics - looks retro but I dislike it

Functionally - what is your opinion if any

just curious haven't bothered to look it up

As far as I know you have a ProJect 9cc tonearm , yes he also has this string Antikscating , my cousin has the same tonearm on a Music Hall MMF 9.1 We have constantly had problems with the antiskating . With the SME you can set that exact, there are no problems. My cousin has replaced the 9cc arm with a Jelco tonearm. Now he is satisfied.

musichall.jpg.1a6ed3481babe465c2034072dd423b51.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1