Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

6 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Bout time you showed up Mate!  Feel like stirrin the pot today  :)  Took a ME day today.  😂

O-H!!!

😂

Yee, that Police half-speed IS that good!  lol

Now where is @JohnJ??

Came real close to some deficit spending just now, taking a break from the lawn mower right now.

C-card gave me a 5% rate for a year after they upped my limit to $10K back in Jan. Think they want me to use it!!

Would have had me with two SB-3000s whenever I escape!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No No No ...... Today I felt like a master mechanic who has disassembled and reassembled an engine in his workshop. Was almost 12 hours non-stop in action.  As well I installed and aligned the serviced MA 505 MK II Tonearm. You have to be able to suffer.

But ..it is done ..all 10 Pick-Ups are now mounted on 5 SME Headshells for the 3009 and 5 Micro Seiki Headshells for the MA 505 MK II and excact adjusted. Would not have been possible without the Dr. Feickert Protractor 3 D adjustment template.

Currently I enjoy the Goldring 900 SE on the SME 3009. Irre ..plays on the level of the Sonus Gold Blue, can hardly believe it !

Perfect !

Some pics from the Goldring 900 SE on the SME 3009

711569464_Goldring900SE.thumb.jpg.549e3ec5f0b3fe182dde24310e9ec4be.jpg

1942997841_Goldring900SE1.thumb.jpg.212868169c26f1160cf47c245a03de0a.jpg

2012815727_Goldring900SE2.thumb.jpg.b6a6c679823eafc7588584feee6a7a67.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Hello !

It's been a long time since I put on an original record that I bought at the time in 1981. It's an LP of German artists for our friend @MicroMara, because he likes it when I put on records from him in Germany 😎

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/383196-Geile-Tiere-Geile-Tiere

http://forschung-kuenstlerpublikationen.de/Geile-Tiere.html

https://www.dschungelberlin.de/geile-tiere.html

https://www.freitag.de/autoren/der-freitag/geile-tiere

_20220427_184217.thumb.JPG.e7d5a4673ac4e5339b29d7be36b225ba.JPG

• Like 3

On 4/14/2022 at 3:05 PM, Full Range said:

Just arrived this morning 

A challenging record to be sure for most set ups 

I can confirm that my tonearm *did not even flinch * when the cannon fire was set off 

The album Runout ID is the one to get based on various forums and recommended by @GWSmith

Runout inscription - TELSS 10041-A-12 M-1 B.L.-R.D.-RW Manufactured in Germany 

Title - Tchaikovsky*, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Erich Kunzel – 1812 / Capriccio Italien / "Cossack Dance" From Mazeppa

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/2205254-Tchaikovsky-Cincinnati-Symphony-Orchestra-Erich-Kunzel-1812-Capriccio-Italien-Cossack-Dance-From-Maz

D5-B89-DC4-8-A32-4-F92-9-A2-F-75-AF4-BB2

30 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

You can do it , have fun 😂

I did that already a couple of weeks ago 

As noted on my post above - the tone arm did not flinch at the cannon fire section 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Welllllll would you look at that!   :wub:   PURDY and HAS to sound fantastic @MicroMara !  Enjoy bother!  :)

Don't need that Dr Frickert or whatever his name is.  Tape a dime to that headshell and it'll play ANYthing!  :)  

Ha Ha!! Dave, Too funny!

I remember doing that!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

L is the second album by Godley & Creme. It was released in 1978. At 34 minutes, it is less than a third as long as the group's previous effort, the ill-received triple concept album Consequences (1977). Despite this, L was also not received well commercially.

The songs contain much variation and artistry, dissonances, complex time signatures and melodies, poetic lyrics, and some echoes from Frank Zappa's Over-Nite Sensation (1973). Zappa is even name-checked on the song "Art School Canteen." The album was played almost completely by Godley and Creme, except for saxophones, and a brief vocal cameo by Paul Gambaccini.

The lyrics retained the satirical stance of some 10cc material, with songs such as "The Sporting Life" and "Art School Canteen", which deal with suicide and art school angst.

L.thumb.jpg.fd38a36709b9d52223ac5196ca83c13e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mossy bottom said:

Ha Ha!! Dave, Too funny!

I remember doing that!!!

Try the dime, then the penny cause a nickel was too much!  Nice to see you admitting it!  You're not a rocker w/o a dime on that tone arm!  PLOWED right thru anything!  😂  😂

@MicroMarathat set-up is impressive to say the least.  You don't have to throw a dime on yours!  :)

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Welllllll would you look at that!   :wub:   PURDY and HAS to sound fantastic @MicroMara !  Enjoy bother!  :)

Don't need that Dr Frickert or whatever his name is.  Tape a dime to that headshell and it'll play ANYthing!  :)  

Hah!  I knew a guy who had a can/bottle opener (sometimes laughingly called a Church key) taped to his plastic tonearm.  My LPs never got near that record player.  And there was the guy who kept the LP jackets in one pile and the records in another pile.  Teenagers, lol...  

And then there were our twenties.  I had to replace many of my records from the party years.

• Haha 5

I remember seeing a guy help his buddy out one night.  Someone had used speaker wire with electrical plugs on the end.  Guess that plug was for his board or something. I have no idea.  He was busy setting things up for the nights show.  A buddy of his asked if he wanted help and the dude said to just plug that plug in for him over there.  I saw this coming down but hat to watch.  Yup, he plugged the plug into a wall outlet.  Took a nano second to just somke everything.  The dude was actually crying tearing it all down.  Never saw fireworks before a show before.  hahaha

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I remember seeing a guy help his buddy out one night.  Someone had used speaker wire with electrical plugs on the end.  Guess that plug was for his board or something. I have no idea.  He was busy setting things up for the nights show.  A buddy of his asked if he wanted help and the dude said to just plug that plug in for him over there.  I saw this coming down but hat to watch.  Yup, he plugged the plug into a wall outlet.  Took a nano second to just somke everything.  The dude was actually crying tearing it all down.  Never saw fireworks before a show before.  hahaha

Dave, were you having an outer body experience? 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I read it from beginning to end 

What strikes me most is ? and referred to several times is that 

Everything has a sound or sound signature 

And that is what I have been saying for decades so one must look at any system holistically for best results to please your senses 

• Like 3