Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@MicroMara I going to stir you a little more 

This album is a, Re-release of their first album from 1969 entitled "From Genesis To Revelation". Enhanced with their first two singles. LP was mastered by DECCA engineer Harry Fisher (W). 

So this album is also pre - Phil Collins and Steve Hackett 

Artist - Genesis 

Title - Rock Roots 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/755331-Genesis-Rock-Roots

AB8-FFE66-196-B-4-A26-A8-FF-888081-ACD4-

E403-BEF6-B85-F-4384-B798-51-AA0-F683809

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I always liked Genesis, since I started listening to music more "seriously" again ( coinciding about with joining here...) and also the early stuff, the Gabriel period. I have a lot of their albums, these compilations, are they for collectors who want everything, or are there tracks here, one will not see on the regular LPs/ CDs. Most of the CDs in my collection are the ones with additional tracks on them... These are not so expensive on Discogs, even Mint can be had...

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

I always liked Genesis, since I started listening to music more "seriously" again ( coinciding about with joining here...) and also the early stuff, the Gabriel period. I have a lot of their albums, these compilations, are they for collectors who want everything, or are there tracks here, one will not see on the regular LPs/ CDs. Most of the CDs in my collection are the ones with additional tracks on them... These are not so expensive on Discogs, even Mint can be had...

Not really collectors items but nice to have as alternative copies 

But the Rock Roots is a DECCA re issue of the first Genesis black cover  album From Genesis To Revelation that I don’t have 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I sourced one of those TP 50 head-shells for him all the way from New Zealand a few years ago 

Well..it looks like that we can join some vinyl sessions with him in the near future.  Hopefully he doesn´t need another 4 years to fix the headshells. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Well..it looks like that we can join some vinyl sessions with him in the near future.  Hopefully he doesn´t need another 4 years to fix the headshells. 

Yes we have been patient enough 🤪

That cartridge also looks familiar as well 

• Like 5

Rolled out about 11 and just now peeked outside since the phone said 72.  Hey the sun just popped out so time to start my "rite of spring" here.  French doors open and playing the "Live At Pompeii" box Gilmour dropped a while back.  I should mow but we had the 1st version of "Mower Wars" yesterday.  Make 'em suffer!  😂

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Rolled out about 11 and just now peeked outside since the phone said 72.  Hey the sun just popped out so time to start my "rite of spring" here.  French doors open and playing the "Live At Pompeii" box Gilmour dropped a while back.  I should mow but we had the 1st version of "Mower Wars" yesterday.  Make 'em suffer!  😂

Your neighbor ?

368168953_rasenmher.gif.159f254d96741419c577c69f8f184055.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Like that Live At Pompeii! Sonically, first rate!  Beats cutting grass😘

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MicroMara said:

ok I know when I'm not wanted..

I'll hand with the other disc...!

• Like 3