Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Didn't hesitate pulling the trigger on this one and you shouldn't either.  The "Groundhogs" you say?  Well h3ck yea!    :)

Th Groundhogs are an English blues and rock band[1] founded in late 1963, that toured extensively in the 1960s, achieved prominence in the early 1970s and continued sporadically into the 21st century. Tony McPhee (guitar and vocals) is the sole constant member of the group, which has gone through many personnel changes but usually records and performs as a power trio.

Tony walked right into just about anything he wanted to do.  Crazy good lp from someone ya prolly never heard of.  When it dropped I did a double take and had to think.  Not for long though.  'Hogwash" was released in late 1972 and has that pysch/rock touch and is just great!  McPhee continued playing with about anyone he wanted to.  Rory Gallagher gigs, then fronted for the Stones @ Jagger's request, which is where I heard them.  Not slouches by any means!

@KROCK ya better jump while ya can cause it'll give you a taste of that old synth & mellotron M400 twisted, ever so sweet into the mix on the double lp in a 3-gatefold.   It cooks!  My buddy sat here and was takin the ride in no time.  Trust me they'll be gone! :)

IMG-20220504-153106045.jpg

Here's a taste!   It's a great lp!   :)  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Didn't hesitate pulling the trigger on this one and you shouldn't either.  The "Groundhogs" you say?  Well h3ck yea!    :)

Th Groundhogs are an English blues and rock band[1] founded in late 1963, that toured extensively in the 1960s, achieved prominence in the early 1970s and continued sporadically into the 21st century. Tony McPhee (guitar and vocals) is the sole constant member of the group, which has gone through many personnel changes but usually records and performs as a power trio.

Tony walked right into just about anything he wanted to do.  Crazy good lp from someone ya prolly never heard of.  When it dropped I did a double take and had to think.  Not for long though.  'Hogwash" was released in late 1972 and has that pysch/rock touch and is just great!  McPhee continued playing with about anyone he wanted to.  Rory Gallagher gigs, then fronted for the Stones @ Jagger's request, which is where I heard them.  Not slouches by any means!

@KROCK ya better jump while ya can cause it'll give you a taste of that old synth & mellotron M400 twisted, ever so sweet into the mix on the double lp in a 3-gatefold.   It cooks!  My buddy sat here and was takin the ride in no time.  Trust me they'll be gone! :)

IMG-20220504-153106045.jpg

Here's a taste!   It's a great lp!   :)  

I enjoyed listening to the video but I must confess that this is my first introduction to Tony McPhee 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 8:52 PM, JohnJ said:

I love LPs.

Recently they have become cost prohibitive for this fella currently without a radio station, heck without a main rig tuner too.

Rebuilding an anti-top-forty collection that started in the mid 70s, I've had to go with cds several times, and it's nice to be able to take them in the car too.

Not here to discuss the merits of one form of music reproduction over another.

I enjoy a lot of music and do have a threshold I can't tolerate but how my newly (two years ago) rebuilt stereo can sound with the digital stuff is impressive! The car just has a boom-box in it, but it's tolerable most of the time with the bass turned all the way down, I've considered un-wiring that darned subwoofer.

I firmly believe Vinyl Rules....... never had a reel to reel myself.

Some vinyl is better than others.

Some cds are better too.

Not just the fancy mfsl one I got today  but some plain ones are engineered better than others with the depth and lifelike imaging of the sound that's reproduced.

Brought to my attention a couple of weeks ago here was how much I missed a cassette of mine that was just an edit of this magnificent recording.

Discogs to the rescue and for near mint to mint media for the Who's Quadrophenia LP it was close to and over two bills. Found a seller that was dealin' :) and landed this for a quarter of that.

IMG-20181027-203649.jpg

IMG-20181027-203715.jpg

:cool:

On 3/9/2017 at 4:12 AM, Full Range said:

Starting an analogue listening thread 

Because Klipsch and records go hand in hand I thought it would be appropriate for a dedicated record spinning thread 

Time permitting I will work through my record collection one by one and post as I go with a nice photo 

Hope all record ( darksiders ) tragic's will follow my lead and post on this new Vinyl / Record spinning thread 

So to kick it off I will post one of the very first albums I purchased - and I had to order it 

Artist - King Crimson

Album - Young Persons Guide 

TT - Garrard 401

Stylus - Stanton 981 LZS 

Tonearm - Transfi Terminator 

Let the fun begin on the Darkside http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_love.gif

image.jpeg

https://mixmag.net/read/analogue-disc-ionic-originals-burnett-cd-vinyl-tech

• Thanks 3

Oh Boy!

We'll have to wait until one of the guys here gets a hold of one that they already own on vinyl.

I'd believe one of us before T-Bone Burnett trying to make some more money!

He says:

"Analog sound has more depth, more harmonic complexity, more resonance, better imaging. Analog has more feel, more character, and more touch. Digital sound is frozen. Analog sound is alive."

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Oh Boy!

We'll have to wait until one of the guys here gets a hold of one that they already own on vinyl.

He says:

"Analog sound has more depth, more harmonic complexity, more resonance, better imaging. Analog has more feel, more character, and more touch. Digital sound is frozen. Analog sound is alive."

I will wait for a King Crimson or Genesis release 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

This was popular in my neck of the woods when it was released.

Still plays well.

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band - Night Moves. 1976

spacer.png

She was a black-haired beauty with big dark eyes And points of her own, sittin' way up high Way up firm and high

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Got alot of the Bob on LP, CD.

Vintage...think only saw thrice...

I just started playing him again, kind of got burned out, everybody and every radio station played him.   But it sounds great tonight.

Only saw him once.  Touring "Night Moves".  Good stuff!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I knew of Bob Seeger when he started being one of those guys from up North of Ohio.  That blue & Green wannabe football state.  Yea, he was great and I knew he was gonna make it.  The funniest part of that there was this dude from Columbus, Oh I knew who played.  So one night after his show he was telling me that he was gonna play for Bob Seeger.  This dude could play but I thought he was dreamin, high or on something so I just laffed.  I told him to keep workin and he did.  Worked his rear off and every time I heard him he was getting better and better.  One day he called me and told me he was auditioning for Seeger's band.  Yup, I was proud of him and he got the stinkin job.  Great guy and a brother.   Mark Chatfield 

American guitarist, and vocalist. After leaving The Godz, he formed the band Rosie in late-1978. He moved on to play for Bob Seger in 1983, which he continued to do until 2011.Also doing a tour with Michael Bolton late 1983-early 84 . During this time he would rejoin, and then leave Rosie on several occasions. He was part of the 2007 reunion line-up and subsequent reunions. He rejoined Bob Seger in 2017 and continues to tour.

Yup, got both of the albums he played w/the Godz and Rosie here somewhere.  

Vinyl?  For ever?  Yup!  Gonna attribute this to @Travis In Austin and it's spot on!  

"I have to tell you man. In listening to sound, I guess what I'm after is the closest thing that I can get to reality. Now, I know it's not going to be reality, cause the thing gotta go through wires and gotta go through filters and this and that. I understand all that. But what I really like is to get as close to the natural sound of the instruments as possible. That's why I like analog as opposed to digital. Because I don't give a shit what anybody tells you man, I know what you guys are going to tell me...'Oh yeah, but it's clean Ray!' Well it's clean but it don't got no balls!!!" - 1999 interview with Ray Charles

:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Oh Boy!

He says:

I don´t compare these different technologys , I love them both ....

• Like 1