Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

5 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Just posting some new arrivals 

Wont have time to spin them until the weekend because I’m going out to collect a new car that I bought for the wife 

43-D3-D4-E7-721-F-43-C3-BB24-340-D7-ED89

wanted to go asleep , saw this , couldn´t resist 😂

• Like 3

FINALLY a bit of spare time today!  Been cookin allllllll afternoon today.  Full Range is buyin cars and I'm buying tunes.  Sounds about right to me!   :)

Number 3566 of 10k for Record Store Day a couple weeks ago and happy to get it.  2003 re-release and worth every penny!  26 stops on the 2003 tour and what a tour it was.  Factor in a lil Warren Haynes, Oteil Burbridge on bass, Gregg on the B-3,  Derek on slide and lead with Uncle Butch on the kit.  The mushrooms were a poppin.  Speaking of mushrooms...  ...Well never mind!  :)  It's a double thumbs up cause it just doesn't stop!  Triple 3-lp's of nothing but goodness!  Better jump before they're gone if you haven't already!  It's ALL there!  :)

IMG-20220505-195422934.jpg

Nummy!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Cha Chingy!  Coolness factor?  Need an ear massage that turns into a full outta body experience?  Yea, check me out.

Man in Motion is the second studio album by American musician Warren Haynes. The album was released on May 10, 2011, by Concord Music Group.[1] The album has sold 80,000 copies in the US as of June 2015.

Man in Motion received generally positive reviews from music critics. David Fricke of Rolling Stone said, "Before he became an Allman Brother and started Gov't Mule, this power-blues singer-guitarist was a Nashville cat, playing and writing country-soul music. Man in Motion is a swing back to that hardy romanticism, with more Memphis in the mix and a plaintive poise in Haynes' vocals and solos."[5] Matt Edsall of PopMatters stated, "As the title states, Man In Motion showcases a veteran songwriter and legendary guitarist moving in new directions and expanding his already notable career. Don’t worry, though, Deadheads and Mule fanatics. You’ll still get your fill of badass guitar work."  

It's ALL of that and more...  Start lookin!   

IMG-20220505-192703195.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Born Under a Bad Sign is the second compilation album by American blues musician Albert King, released in August 1967 by Stax Records. It features eleven electric blues songs that were recorded from March 1966 to June 1967, throughout five different sessions. King played with two in-house bands: Booker T. & the M.G.'s and the Memphis Horns. Although the album failed to reach any music chart, it did receive positive reviews from music critics and is often cited as one of the greatest blues albums ever made. The guitar playing on Born Under a Bad Sign influenced many guitarists, including Eric Clapton, Mike Bloomfield, Jimi Hendrix, and Stevie Ray Vaughan. Born Under a Bad Sign has been recognized by several music institutions, and has been inducted into the Blues Foundation Hall of Fame, the Grammy Hall of Fame, and the National Recording Registry.   Wiki

Fantastic lp and TOTALLY ANALOG from the original master recordings.  It's good boys and girls.  A bit pricey but worth it!  :)

IMG-20220504-220932309-1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

Time to dig into this stack of new stuff and see what's shakin.  Kinda maybe.  :)

Warren has turned into one of my faves the last couple of years, Allmans - since I was about 14! . Only got the digital now I'll share another over there.

• Like 4

Welllll, my buddy has crooned his way into the heart of his new LF so now they're both stopping by to listen.  It's cool but he ALWAYS likes his old blues so the other night I changed it up on him when they stopped.  He HATES it when I change it up but I counter his whining w/the fact I'm helping him get out of his rut.  hahaha  So yup, I did it with her here.  :)  Gave him a shot of blues then threw on The Doobie Brothers - Captain and Me from 1974.  Yup sing along time for her instead of being bored to death & deep into the blues.  THEN it happened.  

Hit 'em both w/some Dr Hook!  First up was one of my all time favorites from 1973's "Belly Up" release.  Yes Sir, they were both lost tying to figure out WHO was playing BUT loved my song since it was the second song on side 1.  Check me out!  😂

Allllll down hill after that cause they were "Hooked!"  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

His new car is just delivered home

Actually I was called to a job, so could not make it - and I was fortunate to have it delivered to my home

She loves the sunroof 

Happy wife - happy life 😎

d044582a-ff41-4ad7-aa64-add572dbb652?wid

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Why does every man and his dog want my services just when I want to go for a drive in our new car 

The car has been sitting in the driveway since it’s been delivered with 90km on the clock 

Working till lunchtime on Sunday so may get a chance to drive the new wheels 😎

Anyway I’m home after dark on a Saturday evening and I am going to relax with a spin 

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised 

Artist - Gil Scott-Heron

Title - Pieces Of A Man

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/5489000-Gil-Scott-Heron-Pieces-Of-A-Man

1859-DF00-01-CA-4-B4-A-8-F46-8-A18-EC957

• Like 6

Late afternoon here, 5 25 pm. Time to start spinning . Grover Washington jr.´s " Winelight " 1980 / Electra Label / German Pressing . Using the Nagaoka OS 301 today in combination with the Dynaco Pas 4 Tube Pre and the Marantz PM 11 S-3 SS as Power Amp on the SteinMusic Tube Phono Pre . Those who have the choice are spoiled for choice  😂

grover.thumb.jpg.2c3cbb8f69ac21d7dd78e2658e3cc0ad.jpg grover1.thumb.jpg.f163de1d69160559503edbe942d5640b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

Late afternoon here, 5 25 pm. Time to start spinning . Grover Washington jr.´s " Winelight " 1980 / Electra Label / German Pressing . Using the Nagaoka OS 301 today in combination with the Dynaco Pas 4 Tube Pre and the Marantz PM 11 S-3 SS as Power Amp on the SteinMusic Tube Phono Pre . Those who have the choice are spoiled for choice  😂

grover.thumb.jpg.2c3cbb8f69ac21d7dd78e2658e3cc0ad.jpg grover1.thumb.jpg.f163de1d69160559503edbe942d5640b.jpg

I've been wondering for a while when I see your pictures... You're using a lot of granite in your setup. In your experience, how much does it affect sound quality? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I've been wondering for a while when I see your pictures... You're using a lot of granite in your setup. In your experience, how much does it affect sound quality? 

Granite looks not only visually very nice but also reduces to a significant degree the resonance of audio components, especially on the TT. Poke with your fingers a little harder near your TT and you will notice that the resulting frequency goes over the pickup, into your Leben CS 300 vibrates into the speakers. If not, than everything is fine.

• Like 4