Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

9 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Those who have the choice are spoiled for choice  😂

George, you're starting to scare me just a lil bit!  All this talk about granite and me being cheap???  Thinking outside the box again.  How about some of those concrete patio squares from the big box hardware stores?  Ok, nm...  I must be over-thinking things again.  😂

• Like 2

I'm gonna HAVE to stop buying new stuff because it's starting to get insane.  5-6 more came yesterday.  Now I'm waiting on two more orders.  Then factor in a couple Molly Tuttle lp's thanks to @Marvel I enjoyed her stuff and she is very good so waiting on her release, which is coming up in a couple weeks.  Then a pre-order of the new Tedeschi/Trucks lp.  Up early yesterday, jam night last night, crashed at 530AM and up at 815.  Grandson had two baseball games, came home and did yardwork.  It ain't happenin cause I've gotta sleep at some point.  lolol  Could use a small loan.  I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!   😂  burger-cartoon.gif😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

George, you're starting to scare me just a lil bit!  All this talk about granite and me being cheap???  Thinking outside the box again.  How about some of those concrete patio squares from the big box hardware stores?  Ok, nm...  I must be over-thinking things again.  😂

That will actually work if done correctly 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2022 at 9:09 PM, Dave1291 said:

Born Under a Bad Sign is the second compilation album by American blues musician Albert King, released in August 1967 by Stax Records. It features eleven electric blues songs that were recorded from March 1966 to June 1967, throughout five different sessions. King played with two in-house bands: Booker T. & the M.G.'s and the Memphis Horns.....

I saw Albert King at the "Kinetic Playground" in Chicago. Also saw the Moody Blues there. IIRC, I was under the influence of something that came on a tiny piece of paper. 🤪

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_Playground

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

and me being cheap???

I definitely didn't think of that Dave. Never ever ....and the idea with concrete slabs from the hardware store I find quite good.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ha!  1AM here and still not tired.  Thought I'd check in before I checked out  :)  I knew darn well you'd be in here hammering me @MicroMara.  I was grinnin the entire way thru it and I'm almost speechless but thunk on this one Mr Early Bird.  I hope your coffee maker clogs up and runs coffee all over the countertop!  There NOW i can try to sleep!  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

@Full Range Hi Paul , beeing awake since 5 am , had a deep but short 6 hours sleep , what shall we gonna do right now ?😂

Well it’s Mother’s Day today in Australia 

So I’m going out to a nice and a favourite restaurant with the family 

Going to Hellenika and possibly taking the new car 

https://hellenika.com.au/

• Like 3

On 5/8/2022 at 10:26 AM, Dave1291 said:

Atta boy!  ALWAYS nice to get out and support groups and the venues.  Kick back, relax and enjoy yourself!  :)

Great show the other night.  Photos below.

Formed in 1933, the Sons of the Pioneers may be one of the oldest bands still performing (with the exception of symphony orchestras) - there have been 47 members over the years.  “Dusty” Rogers (son of Roy Rogers) is lead vocalist still singing their standards including Cool Water, Tumbling Tumbleweeds, and Ghost Riders in The Sky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_the_Pioneers

DB800BEE-0995-4C09-B19D-0E1BEF272993.jpeg

13386100-C05A-420D-8DA9-27ABA601FBEB.jpeg

82936E32-6254-43AD-B4C0-98E8247AC60F.jpeg

66D439A5-E433-49DF-A192-86755E67496F.jpeg

B5A365EE-9750-4F22-8023-4581709262E8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

A couple of days ago, I spun Valotte, by Julian Lennon.  Once you get past how much his voice resembles his dad’s, the lyrics are both very good and thoughtful.  The effect I get is like listening to music that’s new and familiar at the same time.  The album came out in 1980, which would be why the music video is in 240, with 4:3 format.

• Like 5