Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I passed on WVH a couple weeks ago about midnight.  They opened the store at noon and they were gone in an hour.  Go figure.  Got one coming though.  I actually KNEW better!  lol  :)  

Ok @Travis In Austin what's a DWI lawyer like you doing in a place like this???  NONE of us drink and drive so I'll assume you just slipped in to turn us on to something good.  Welllll, maybe some drink & drive  😂  Thanks for the posts!  

Last night the hood got some Dire Straits and I got a box today?  This is stupid!  New Black Keys,  Keb' Mo''s "Good To Be...", couple Roxy Music I already have to tuck away and a Verve/Acoustic Sounds  Nina Simone "Pastel Blues" I can't wait to unzip.

Bah, goin w/some Police just for the hood...  :)  

Police_-_Greatest_Hits__Remaster_&_half_

Such a great album!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Lil Keb' Mo' and his Limited Edition double gatefold "Good To Be..."  If you enjoy Keb' Mo' you'll enjoy these.  I did find out, kinda maybe, that his "Limited Edition" release only has 3, that is, THREE SIDES RECORDED.  The 4th side is signed.  Another one of those things that make ya go "hmmmmm."  :)

IMG-20220514-194019742.jpg

The 3-sides I heard sounded great.  The 3rd side MOVES so dunno.  Left me wanting more.  :)

• Like 4

Here I go seeing colors again, guess too much rich food makes me see red in that LP Dave :huh:

It was a pasta carbonara variant and Haggen Das! Or was it the perfect Game 7 record my Canes still have.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"Dropout Boogie" by those dudes from Akron, Ohio is so typical of them.  Flat out ROCKS imo!  IF you've heard them before and have their "Delta Kream" lp  you KNOW what I'm talkin about.   :)

IMG-20220514-202455712-1.jpg

Got that nummy bass line that just draws ya totally into the lp!  :)

Full lp...  Thank me later!  😂

:)

• Like 5

Nina Simone's "Pastel Blues" album is such a powerful album.  She's in control and takes ya for a real ride.  Recorded in 64 & 65 in NYC for the Phillips label it has now been re-issued in 2020 on the Verve Label as part of their "Acoustic Series" releases.  Sounds fantastic!   :)

IMG-20220514-224623003.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

"Dropout Boogie" by those dudes from Akron, Ohio is so typical of them.  Flat out ROCKS imo!  IF you've heard them before and have their "Delta Kream" lp  you KNOW what I'm talkin about.   :)

IMG-20220514-202455712-1.jpg

Got that nummy bass line that just draws ya totally into the lp!  :)

Full lp...  Thank me later!  😂

That´s funny! In the thread I see The Commodores in YouTube, here in the quote it´s the Black Keys.

Was about to say how much the Commodores remind me of my childhood, my old man was into Motown, The Commodores, Barry White & such.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Got that today, too. My store's in Nashville, so they had autographed copies. I've not listened yet, but hey...

• Like 2

On 5/10/2022 at 5:18 AM, sputnik said:

Great show the other night.  Photos below.

Formed in 1933, the Sons of the Pioneers may be one of the oldest bands still performing (with the exception of symphony orchestras) - there have been 47 members over the years.  “Dusty” Rogers (son of Roy Rogers) is lead vocalist still singing their standards including Cool Water, Tumbling Tumbleweeds, and Ghost Riders in The Sky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_the_Pioneers

DB800BEE-0995-4C09-B19D-0E1BEF272993.jpeg

13386100-C05A-420D-8DA9-27ABA601FBEB.jpeg

82936E32-6254-43AD-B4C0-98E8247AC60F.jpeg

66D439A5-E433-49DF-A192-86755E67496F.jpeg

B5A365EE-9750-4F22-8023-4581709262E8.jpeg

It was SNOWING?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Lil Keb' Mo' and his Limited Edition double gatefold "Good To Be..."  If you enjoy Keb' Mo' you'll enjoy these.  I did find out, kinda maybe, that his "Limited Edition" release only has 3, that is, THREE SIDES RECORDED.  The 4th side is signed.  Another one of those things that make ya go "hmmmmm."  :)

IMG-20220514-194019742.jpg

The 3-sides I heard sounded great.  The 3rd side MOVES so dunno.  Left me wanting more.  :)

Like him as well.....

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Full Range said:

Good to see some new current music to compliment the old 

Another new arrival is new music from an established band 

Warning - it’s great music 😎🤪

Artist - Marillion 

Title - An Hour Before It's Dark

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/22351390-Marillion-An-Hour-Before-Its-Dark

A912-E017-769-F-45-D2-8-C73-4-B63-BB3-ED

I´m not sure whether I shall order or not...how is it when you compare to earlier productions

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

It was SNOWING?

Oh yeah, that just last week and it was snowing.  Starting dumping during the concert.  The photo is after the show and we were parked by the locked bike on the curb.  It belonged to a theater employee who didn’t look too enthused about the situation so we gave him a ride home and saved him from a slog through the slop. I think we got about 6 inches of snow that night.  All gone now, almost 70 today and I was able to get in a nice bike ride.  

• Like 5

On 5/15/2022 at 9:06 PM, MicroMara said:

I´m not sure whether I shall order or not...how is it when you compare to earlier productions

read this review in the german Musicmagazin " Rolling Stone "

But what do Marillion have in their suitcase in 2022? With the new double LP "An Hour Before It's Dark" Marillion fans get a thoroughly multi-layered work, which even flashes borrowings from the earlier Fish area and goes through epic phases, such as those known from Genesis

It´s getting dark here in germany right now , time to play Marillion´s " An hour before it´s dark " 2022 / Edel Label / Printed in Germany

marillion.thumb.jpg.31901ed77497a7f780d30264ba6e59a7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's the album that shouldn't exist. At least from the point of view of the old management of Tears For Fears, that legendary multi-platinum duo of the eighties. But The Tipping Point exists nonetheless. What Tears For Fears have created with their seventh is a great pop album. Not a self-referential work of old age, not a shameful attempt to turn back the clocks 40 years with hip producers. The maturity that pervades this album is as elegant as it is aesthetically pleasing, the immaculately arranged, sparkling songs all evidence of this band's great talent.

Just spinning Tears for Fears " The Tipping Point " 2022 / Concorde Records / Printed in Holland

1994614081_tippingpoint.thumb.jpg.edeb33098c6bcc4b0407a08537363b3b.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

What Tears For Fears have created with their seventh is a great pop album. Not a self-referential work of old age, not a shameful attempt to turn back the clocks 40 years with hip producers. The maturity that pervades this album is as elegant as it is aesthetically pleasing, the immaculately arranged, sparkling songs all evidence of this band's great talent.

Accurate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1