Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

14 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Pie anyone?

humbe_pie_-_smokin.jpg

Smokin' is the fifth studio album by English rock band Humble Pie, released in 1972 through A&M Records. It was the band's international breakthrough, peaking at number 6 on the US Billboard 200 album chart,[2] and hit number 20 in the UK and number 9 in Australia.

:)

smilie-gross_320.gif

• Haha 2

RIP Vangelis, 79, died in Paris. He was in hospital for treatment for corona. 

He's most famous for soundtracks: Chariots of Fire, Blade Runner, Conquest of Paradise, and, of course, the theme and soundtrack of Carl Sagan's Cosmos documentary series. 

😭😔

PSX_20220519_234001.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, Full Range said:

Just had a Vangelis check in the collection 

I have 8 titles of Vangelis and collaborations with Jon Anderson 

I have three, one of his best of albums going back to the Cosmos period, and 'The friends of Mr Cairo', with Jon Anderson. 

PSX_20220520_064524.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Elected to the top 100 best list of all jazz albums ever produced, Kenny Burell " Midnight Blue " 1963 , Blue Note Records

vinylsession1.thumb.jpg.a07edfb4ab0e8ea45e397cda2078c3af.jpg

Spinning with my Grado Reference Platinium Wood today

GRPLW1.thumb.jpg.cb29a6ce305b9fda166dbdd3f0672d8a.jpg

GRPLW.jpg.c3387a380f18dce0e20444505cafa94a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Has the Grado been treated for termites?  Asking for a friend.   :)

You're killing me George!  That HAS to sound great!

Termites do not like eucalyptus wood 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

That's a great song and even better album!  I can't even spell eucalyptus!  So there's that!  :)

As most know EC is out touring now and hitting the US shortly for a SEGMENTED tour throughout.  He kicks it off in Cbus, Ohio on September 8th I believe so there's that!  Also releasing a new "pre-order"  lp called "Nothing But the Blues" available on his website now.

This dropped today.  Should be a great show if you like EC.  Like other's he's had his final tour before but I believe this could be his last time out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Title song for live and let die, one of the best. As recall, movie release 1975.

Think have it here. The earlier  McCartney album have too. Rumor back then to have played most instruments. Have always liked earlier Bond movies which departed less from the books.

Added bonus Eucalyptus is good for your sore phroat too.

Yes, young EC...

• Like 4

@billybob  Don't tell anyone but I also heard this morning he and the fam are coming in early to catch the OSU-Notre Dame football game on Saturday before the show.   :)  

Wait, did I just hear a faint O-H coming in fom down-under???  Better reply just to be safe!  I-O!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Why not???  Sure I'll be there!  :)  Oh yea, forgot...  Jimme Vaughan is out with him as a special guest for various shows. 

I'm KILLIN the hood today with this 3-lp "Live w/JJ in San Diego!"   EC, JJ, Derek Trucks, Doyle Bramhall II ALL got it workin :)  Thanks PWK without your help none of this would ever be possible imo! 

IMG-20220520-161541369.jpg

Live in San Diego[1] (alternatively known as Live in San Diego with special guest JJ Cale)[2] is the thirteenth live album (and a live DVD) by British rock musician Eric Clapton. It was released through Reprise Records as a live album on 30 September 2016[3] and as a 2-hour live DVD on 10 March 2017.[4]

Special guests on the Live in San Diego release include guitarists J. J. Cale, Robert Cray, Doyle Bramhall II and Derek Trucks.[5] The live album marks Clapton's second collaboration with Cale after The Road to Escondido was released on 7 November 2006.[6] Also, the album features the first new live music from Clapton and Cray following Clapton's 1991 live double album 24 Nights.[7

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Why not???  Sure I'll be there!  :)  Oh yea, forgot...  Stevie Ray Vaughan is out with him as a special gest for various shows.  I'm KILLIN the hood today with this 3-lp "Live w/JJ in San Diego!"   EC, JJ, Derek Trucks, Doyle Bramhall II

You sure?

Did you mean they're going to play along with some of his video recordings?

Did not mean to GetCha! maybe it was a typo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2