Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Two thoughts there John.  Sowwy...   Jimmie is playing select shows w/EC  on the 2022 tour.   20 whacks w/a wet noodle self - administered!   First the eyes then the mind!  Nice catch!  Corrected now brother.  Maybe!  😂

• Haha 2

I never saw Stevie, but saw Jimmie and the Fabulous T-Birds up close as in resonating with the coliseum sized speakers in the little nightclub!

Well the medium sized Palomino Club on the Eastside. Jimmie can put on a great show!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Termites do not like eucalyptus wood 😂

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

That's a great song and even better album!  I can't even spell eucalyptus!  So there's that!  :)

A native Australian tree 

We use the oil from the leaves for colds in steam machines 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I've been lucky enough to see Stevie several times but only saw Jimmy once in a small venue in Aspen w/the Thunderbirds in the 70's.  

You knew darn well who I was talking about.  lol  I was thinking about playing some SRV then went w/the Clapton in San Diego cause I'd just mentioned the tour.  

Now it's off to jam night for a guest appearance.  Now my buddy showed up all ready to go and I need a shower!  Sooo, I go up and spend 30 minutes while he sits down here and waits?  Ummm Nope, not happening.  Sure I trust him but...  😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like a lot of water. When you had all those floods a while back I looked your town up on the pc. Saw that river meandering through there, it can do the same as any river like that in any town anywhere!

Enjoy those tunes, it would be good stuff for your granddaughter !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Seems like a lot of water. When you had all those floods a while back I looked your town up on the pc. Saw that river meandering through there, it can do the same as any river like that in any town anywhere!

Enjoy those tunes, it would be good stuff for your granddaughter !

Lots of flooding 2 months ago but luckily we’re we’re not affected 

But the rain has returned and hasn’t stopped 

With this current weather system - North of the state it’s torrential rain and flooded in many areas 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

With this current weather system - North of the state it’s torrential rain and flooded in many areas 

Weather is messed up on global scale. Here in Belgium, we haven't had a drop of rain for 3 months, until yesterday. This will be the driest spring since the beginning of keeping weather statistics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

Weather is messed up on global scale. Here in Belgium, we haven't had a drop of rain for 3 months, until yesterday. This will be the driest spring since the beginning of keeping weather statistics. 

Yes , that´s the way it is , usually the month of may is / was the month with the most rainfall

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2022 at 9:05 PM, MicroMara said:

you may remember that I was searching a record cleaning maschine for my purposes. Got one , it´s on the way to my home. It´s an american " nitty gritty " .

1675852237_nittygritty.jpg.f411df8eaf9cfe9cb735029eb05e6aa8.jpg

arrived this morning, tried it out ..works perfect . How could I neglect the most important component in my vinyl chain only over so many years, had always made that by manual handwork. That was troublesome and very time-consuming. Now this is done in 2 minutes. And WOW how great sound even the dirtiest records after an intensive cleaning. I am totally excited

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

An RCM is a great investment 

I use 2 RCMs 

First the Ultrasonic bath 

Then the vacuum suction for further cleaning if required and rinsing and drying 

The difference it makes to cleanliness and sound retrieval is amazing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just a bit of couch time around here.  Blew jam night off so pissed off the neighbors for about 12 hours yesterday!  I have zero clue what went down.  At one point I walked out back and took a sound check.  Yup cookin so I'm coming back up to the patio and my new neighbor yelled "Don't turn it down turn it up.  We're jammin over here."  Nice to hear then he said we decided to take a break and your stuff sounds fantastic.  Nope, didn't turn it up.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Right - let’s get down to business 

A album that just about every man and his dog knows 

It’s a replacement album for a worn out original 

Edit - I should note that it’s a 2 LP release @33.3 rpm 

Artist - Dire Straits 

Title - Brothers In Arms 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/17050458-Dire-Straits-Brothers-In-Arms

8221-DB35-E676-4387-867-F-65959-A868-DF9

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ok, I sat on this last night and saved it til today.  Buddy and his lil woman stopped by last night to hang a while.  Soooo, when this happens I adjust my play list to a lil less bluesy and mix in a few older rock lp's.  Doobies, etc.  Sounds she can relate to.  So here we sat listening and in the middle of one of his old rock magazine tales (all he read as a kid and retained a lot of it, which is what makes him fun cause I counter w/facts not bs) my Gold Lions blossomed.  I heard an immediate change in the sound.  He didn't hear squat after I said something about it.  Talk about stoked?  I was one happy boy and hit the drivers seat  What was I listening to when it happened?  This guy right here.

Walter_Trout_-_Survivor_Blues_2019.jpg

Talk about a melting point?  Those Gold Lions are EVERY thing and more than I imagined!  Detail, clarity, harmonics, soundstage.  Just ALL it happened.  WOW is all I can say.  Today?  A bit of time before another baseball game so threw this one on.  Nope, nothing changed over night.  Just amazing is all I can say.

Keb__Mo__-_Good_to_Be_-_2022_Limited_Edi

Wow!  Okay, Fewer new lp's and an Evo400 integrated w/new Gold Lion's is in my future  Yea, deeper down the rabbit hole but the return?  Bill Hanley's favorite line before any show was always "Can you hear me in the back???  Dayum Skippy!!!  Ball game shortly but I've been putting a play list together for later.  Gonna REALLY piss off the neighbors this evening!  :)

Ok, Keb' Mo' WHY did you just sign the 4th side of this double gatefold lp?  Grrrrrrr!  OK, that did it!  Gonna put the squeeze on some of this guy so I'll have a smiley face for the ball game!  

Dion_-_Stompin_Ground_2022.jpg

Carry on!  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You all know that I am an audioholic and vinyl nerd. Oh what can I say... again something ran over the way I couldn´t resist. I bought myself an ADC MK IV MI pickup. I simply couldn´t help myself. This is so rare and is supposed to be one of the best moving iron ever made.

This system was made only by request privately by Peter Prichtard after 1985 in his retirement. For this he used selected XLM bodies from his fund. The needle was provided with the naked Pathemax diamond of his Sonus systems. It was never officially available for purchase and was only given to select collectors. Sonically, it combines the outstanding spaciousness of the XLM Series with the fantastic resolution of a Sonus Series, providing a wonderful conclusion to his work that the XLM unfortunately never experienced during its official build. Like the ADC 25 absolutely unrivaled. Pics will follow ...expect to get it till end of this week.

• Like 5