Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

You all know that I am an audioholic and vinyl nerd. Oh what can I say... again something ran over the way I couldn´t resist. I bought myself an ADC MK IV MI pickup. I simply couldn´t help myself. This is so rare and is supposed to be one of the best moving iron ever made.

This system was made only by request privately by Peter Prichtard after 1985 in his retirement. For this he used selected XLM bodies from his fund. The needle was provided with the naked Pathemax diamond of his Sonus systems. It was never officially available for purchase and was only given to select collectors. Sonically, it combines the outstanding spaciousness of the XLM Series with the fantastic resolution of a Sonus Series, providing a wonderful conclusion to his work that the XLM unfortunately never experienced during its official build. Like the ADC 25 absolutely unrivaled. Pics will follow ...expect to get it till end of this week.

Wow - just - wow 

I don’t want to be jealous but I’m borderline on this - you are a very lucky son of a gun 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Full Range said:

Wow - just - wow 

I don’t want to be jealous but I’m borderline on this - you are a very lucky son of a gun 

My wife doesn´t know such a thing and that's good, do not be jealous, you also have a lot of treasures in the cupboard.

• Like 2

Resurrection as Pro-Ject Micro Seiki Incognito, introduced at the German High End Exhibition in Munich. May 22nd. 2022

At the Pro-Ject booth, several  editors caught the eye of a new product that was strikingly reminiscent of an old one.

Apparently, the legendary Micro Seiki DQX 1000 is celebrating a kind of resurrection as a Pro-Ject, which is great news per se for lovers of such a design classic. The device will be available with either direct or belt drive and, of course, multiple tonearms can be mounted simultaneously. Prices are not yet fixed.

1486793323_Por-JectMicroNachbau.thumb.png.a3a5da0e58023e187efd3e77d83d9ea1.png

nothing can replace the origin dqx 1000

Micro_Seiki_DQX-.jpg.915bd70e6c3c374e77e1c8d6f77ddb1d.jpg

• Like 3

That Audio-Technica AT150MLX was probably the best MM cartridge ever made. Like the open, transparent rich flat sound ATs have for the $. Got one for my first tt with the new build and that tt didn't have the vta adjustment. Out the door they went!

While it was still available the ~ $250 cart was going for over $700!

Sure that ProJect made some more modern refinements to that tri-table, know they did with their interpretation of the Linn that I got.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I spy with my wittle eye 3, that is THREE, toneams!!!    tra la, tra la.  :)    😂

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

my grandmother had a tt with two tone arms....One for 78's and the other 33 1/3... they were fashioned to look like snakes. You pushed a button on top of the cabinet, a door opened and the tt rose up/out. This same record player had a radio... not just AM/FM [I think it was FM?]... it got shortwave. No idea of the age. At least 60 years old, now... I believe it was an RCA.   With Cobra arms?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

my grandmother had a tt with two tone arms....One for 78's and the other 33 1/3... they were fashioned to look like snakes. You pushed a button, a door opened and the tt rose up/out. This same record player had a radio... not just AM/FM [I think it was FM?]... it got shortwave. No idea of the age. At least 60 years old, now... I believe it was an RCA.   With Cobra arms?

rca.jpg.4bd1509fdfa6667b1a4d9d41930e9abe.jpg

think it was this RCA 70 D , am I right ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

rca.jpg.4bd1509fdfa6667b1a4d9d41930e9abe.jpg

think it was this RCA 70 D , am I right ?

I would guess older. It was a combo radio/record player in an end table size cabinet. Not near as sophistcated as what you pictured. I do remember one tone arm being black and the other, green. Plastic ar bakelite snake replica arms.

I just searched

Google image says it's '50's vintage Zenith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3