Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

11 hours ago, Full Range said:

@MicroMara

I just made a coffee and sat down to read and adsorb your evaluation 

Yes this is my coffee machine 

AED17-CA9-2-AFD-4-A37-B2-A4-2-A540-DBA2-

6717-CEF0-8-D4-E-410-C-A8-C3-8-C7-A9-F49

that´s a real tasty " LIKE " . I see you appreciated my hard evaluation about the cartridges , thanx a lot Paul

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

That's an amazing write up!

When I Google for them, I mostly find 'replacement needles' or 'ersatz nadel'. I guess you're writing about the originals, right? 

It´s about the whole cartridges, you were right Melo . If you wanna catch some , don´t know which one can be used in your Technics Linear Tracking Arm , or your the Pro-Ject TT . You may find out. I give you two links where you can find some of them . These german Cartridge companys deliver within europe. Be sure , best value for your bucks ....

https://www.thakker.eu/

https://www.hifi-phono-house.de/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

With all the garbage going on in the world today and hearing about Alan I just went to that 7 minute mark in my Red Skelton post over in Paul's Art thread.  Check him out....  He was so onto everything out there in the world...  Spot on, imo.

smilie_verkl_055.gif  smilie_verkl_055.gif   smilie_verkl_055.gif

• Like 1

@MicroMara Those mini-reviews are great!

Covered all the bases without making it as long as in a hi-fi article!

I used to love double shot expressos when they were four dollars for a large, a little more if I went mocha or not. Primo machine @Full Range Italian by chance? One of theirs will last a lifetime with proper maintenance. Got a grinder from there.

Last but not least, Dave we need to get a book deal going for you, your just being modest bud! Some of us know there's more!

Storm was a doozy yesterday got to go clean trees off and away from the place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

It´s about the whole cartridges, you were right Melo . If you wanna catch some , don´t know which one can be used in your Technics Linear Tracking Arm , or your the Pro-Ject TT . You may find out. I give you two links where you can find some of them . These german Cartridge companys deliver within europe. Be sure , best value for your bucks ....

https://www.thakker.eu/

https://www.hifi-phono-house.de/

I placed an order so I have a cheap backup needle in the house. The choice for my Technics SL DL1 is limited, so I ordered this one: https://www.thakker.eu/replacement-stylus/

The other option was 'Japanese made'. 

Screenshot_20220527_174245.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I placed an order so I have a cheap backup needle in the house. The choice for my Technics SL DL1 is limited, so I ordered this one: https://www.thakker.eu/replacement-stylus/

The other option was 'Japanese made'. 

Screenshot_20220527_174245.jpg

Well done Melo ...even the swissmade replicas are quite good.  You´ll be suprised what a new neddle will create in sound improvement. That´s why I upgrated all my vintage Pick Ups with new origin japanese neddles, mainly from " JICO " They all sound like just new unboxed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

japanese neddles, mainly from " JICO " They all sound like just new unboxed.

I read great reviews about these Jico needles. There are SAS Jico needles which cost 159 euro up to 350 euro for my SL DL1, depending on the material used for the stylus, going from boron to ruby.... I hesitate to buy one because I'm not sure if I would hear the difference. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I read great reviews about these Jico needles. There are SAS Jico needles which cost 159 euro up to 350 euro for my SL DL1, depending on the material used for the stylus, going from boron to ruby.... I hesitate to buy one because I'm not sure if I would hear the difference. 

You will..promised , the best investment for your TT ever ...will open up a new dimension in listening with your gear

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The needle I use now came with my SL DL1 and I don't know what quality it is. It sounds amazing, compared to my other turntables. It must be old because the stylus and diamond are black: most likely a coating of vinyl dust. 

Dire Straits sounds amazing. 😁

PSX_20220528_002324.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

The needle I use now came with my SL DL1 and I don't know what quality it is. It sounds amazing, compared to my other turntables. It must be old because the stylus and diamond are black:

You´ll never know whats behind from a second hand bought tt ....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I used to love double shot expressos when they were four dollars for a large, a little more if I went mocha or not. Primo machine @Full Range Italian by chance? One of theirs will last a lifetime with proper maintenance. Got a grinder from there.

Yes it’s Italian and now over 10 years old but still looks like new 

Search Bezzera Strega and you will find it 

I also roast my own coffee beans 🫘 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@JohnJ Modesty?  Me?  hahaha  As a youngin I learned early on in Detroit to keep your mouth shut and listen.  Motown was goin down and the Roostertail Super Club was all black.  It didn't stop me at all. 

Everyone, well most everyone, knows now it's not about color it's about what someone brings to the table.  Then w/Stevie Wonder being blind and doing the great stuff he did it all just meshed.  It was more than Stevie though, Temps, Tops, Aretha, Supremes, even Ray Charles once or twice.  The walls came down going up there and once people had seen you there a couple times then found out you dove 2 hours to come there it was different.  Heck Barry Gordy even had Grand Funk under his wing.  It DID NOT MATTER to any of us.  We did our thing.  I just never stopped.

My town had about 3 black families and one of my classmates in high school was black.  He even rode up with me a few times.  Great guy who passed about 25 years ago.  Don't know if he ate the brown acid or not but whatever it was totally wrecked him for life.  I got a collect call once from him and found out he was in an assisted living home about 40 miles away.  He was having a flashback about going with me to the Roostertail and wanted to tell me about how much fun we had. 

i sat with him for about 2 hours on the phone listening before he hung up.  I got a couple more calls years apart then someone saw his obit and put the word out.   It was ALWAYS CKLW in Detroit with the mix of Motown and early rock. 

I went totally outside the box when it came to music.  Ran the table back then and knew many.  H3ll we were ALL kids gettin our groove.  I just kept going and going and going.  Doubt I'll ever stop either.  Yea, I'm nuts but am I really???

Funny, our 55th class reunion is coming up this fall.  Someone said I should bring my rig out and play in this farmer's barn who was in our class.  I passed and said "letls just have the 60th at my place.  By then the hood would be able to join in w/us.  hahaha  I ain't movin squat BUT deep down inside?  Yea, I'd LOVE TO KICK SOME A$$!  Just say no!  :)

Now ya'll got another slice of my life.  😂 

Time for MicroMara to jump in w/some wild disco/lighting tales.   He ain't no rookie nor is he a Saint!  Now spill it George!  It's family shootin the bull and they gotta be getting bored w/my crap!  :)

Paul, you''re in the on-deck circle too.  Cause I KNOW you got em!  😂

Since they're from down under it should be a piece of cake for ya!

I'm off to jam nite.  BBL  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

:lol: Too bad we can't put two reactions out there << was my second one.

If I had seen all of those superstars... nope I still can't dance `cept for a few TX bands or like UFO.

Paul I talked about expressos in that post but meant cappuccinos like what you had made! I'll stick with the black and add milk if it's still around at lunchtime. I spent so much on grinders over twenty years I went full tilt with a Rancilio talked about at the old CCC thread. Once you get an Italian performance machine you can not go back! Heck I won't ever need to! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

:lol: Too bad we can't put two reactions out there << was my second one.

If I had seen all of those superstars... nope I still can't dance `cept for a few TX bands or like UFO.

Paul I talked about expressos in that post but meant cappuccinos like what you had made! I'll stick with the black and add milk if it's still around at lunchtime. I spent so much on grinders over twenty years I went full tilt with a Rancilio talked about at the old CCC thread. Once you get an Italian performance machine you can not go back! Heck I won't ever need to! 

Re - Grinder, I use a Mazzer Robur 

A grinder is more important than people think in the coffee making process 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Paul, you''re in the on-deck circle too.  Cause I KNOW you got em!  😂

Since they're from down under it should be a piece of cake for ya!

I have seen AC DC live on a couple of occasions before they became famous but I don’t have any records in the collection ( go figure) ? 

Anyway I think Roberta was signed to Motown 

I remember the song Killing Me Softly 

03-F853-D7-897-E-45-C3-82-D2-6-C9786-CC0

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Not sure if she signed w/Motown or not.  Great song though either way.

Now about this grinder of yours...  I'm stickin with my Mr. Coffee grinder!  😂  I can buy a LOT of vinyl w/the savings.   :)

Now is not the time to tell you that I have another grinder of similar size and specs - used by many world barista champions 

If you lived closer I would give it to you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1