Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I'd hurt myself!  😂

Survived jam nite.  This lil chick I know got up to sing the last couple songs so I wound up coachin her.  hahaha  Only about 6-8 ppl there cause they usually quit at midnight.  She's great looking but knows me pretty well.  She's a lil lovey dovey sanger trying to hammer rock.  She ALWAYS wants to know what I think so I tell her she sucks cause that's not the way to present herself doing rock.  So I tell her every week.  Tonight after listening to her butcher "Me and Bobby McGee" I'd had enough.  Then she re-appears to cap off the night.  She kept looking at me so I blew a gasket.  Got up and walked right in front of her clapping my hands to the beat and telling her to belt it out and not try to slide into it.  It wasn't meant to humiliate her but to get her to delver.  Amazed me cause she listened and her delivery was great.  Even the guys in the band were impressed and grinning at me.  All her friends told her it was fantastic.  THEN she tells me she could never hear herself.  Right, like they're gonna buy you monitors?  Wimmen!  It was just fiends there when I did it.  They were all thanking me and grinning.  Durn kids anyway.  I've known her and her family forever.  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I blew a gasket.  Got up and walked right in front of her clapping my hands to the beat and telling her to belt it out and not try to slide into it.  It wasn't meant to humiliate her but to get her to delver.  Amazed me cause she listened and her delivery was great.

Just thunking out loud 
She needs to see, dress and hear Suzy Quarto 

Still just as cool now as she’s was when young 

SuzyQ-2.jpg?resize=640,500&ssl=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The "Band of Brothers" was my favorite war movie until "Saving Private Ryan" came out. Haven't been able to decide since. The episode that dealt with that battle siege was heart wrenching.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The "Band of Brothers" was my favorite war movie until "Saving Private Ryan" came out. Haven't been able to decide since. The episode that dealt with that battle siege was heart wrenching.

Have You seen "The Pacific"?

• Like 3

Back when I had hbo I tried to watch it but only made it through a couple episodes for some reason. That one didn't "reel me in" like the other did. Heck after three or four episodes, the strings opening the show started to choke me up. The old soldiers commenting on the storyline had a lot to do with that too.

I had relatives I never knew that were over there and did not come back. Heard stories of them as a kid.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

Still just as cool now as she’s was when young 

That she is!  Have to dig some of her stuff out.  Was going to when you mentioned it the other day cause it's been a while.  Actually perfect for her.  She's good looking but she's a crooner not a singer.  Ya can't croon, sway, roll your eyes cause ur up there and no you sound good but really sound like crap to the gang ya know.  This has been brewing for about 4 years with her and we've talked about it and I always get an "I know."  She found out llast night.  When I rolled out this morning I wondered if I did the right thing.  Yea, maybe, maybe not but everyone there knows me.  2 minutes into it I blew a gasket.  Not sufferin anymore.  Lead guitar's son's biirthday so Gary was spot on, Scotty the bassman has toured w/Foghat and several other name bands so all it took for him was a full water glass full of Crown Royal  :)  SHOWTIME for the gang.  Then her walking back up to sing and finish out the night after she butchered a couple number's earlier in front of 100 locals????  Done, time to break the news to her.  hahaha

• Like 2

Time to GO on this Memorial Day weekend.  Couple behind me is out playin around with their landscaping so I did a lil sound check and walked over.  Loud and clear!  :)

This really is one heck of an album if ya wanna spend some $$$...  Smooth and moves...  

Keb__Mo__-_Good_to_Be_-_2022_Limited_Edi

Thank me later!  :)

• Like 5

Time to step it up a bit with this fantastic album.  Police or not it just kicks butt!   :)

Police_-_Greatest_Hits__Remaster_&_half_

Bucklled up and helmet on @KROCK😂   Gonna make you a repeat offender yet!  😂   

Memories of an old high school buddy who followed his dream.  Intelligent, likeable and one of he best drummers back in the day w/his gold flake Ludwig kit.  Had everything that went with it and used them all. 

Moved to NYC and became Copeland's drum tech.  He'd ALWAYS stop over when he came home to see his fam.  Laffs and stories every time.  Stopped the last time to tell me he had cancer and was on the way out.  EVERY show in Cleveland I got to hang with him and the big boys. Kinda like drinking Scotch.  Ya have to develop a taste for it but when you're there?  :)   So yea, this is for him this weekend.  Imma cookin it too!  :)

Wow, just found this from back in the day.  David and I both followed our dreams.  He made it and I'm still spinning!  Simple.  😂

https://www.buckeyebeat.com/daybreakers.html

More nutso stuff.  The Rolls used in the photo was owned by a local banker who was one of the primary founders/funders of the Julliard School of Music.  I even know the house they used in the pics.   Insane to see something I never knew existed.  Crazy!  😂

• Like 4

Today I visited the Bastogne War Museum in Belgium. Outside the main building, there was a temporary exhibition about Berlin, with the Berlin Wall (Iron Curtain) as a topic, with artwork AND rock artists inspired by Berlin city. 

If you're interested, here is a little challenge: who are the artists in the pictures below, and do you have any vinyl records from their Berlin-period?

https://www.bastognewarmuseum.be/en/home-en/ 

P1210760.jpg

P1210765.jpg

P1210766.jpg

P1210787.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

A DJ/Professor this afternoon huh?

Although honestly it's been so long you might stump me until I heard the anthem!

a little bit of culture exchange is a good education for all of us !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1