Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

19 hours ago, Mossy bottom said:

From 1986

The Cure - Standing On A Beach • The Singles

spacer.png

Just as I scrolled down to your post, Love Song by The Cure came on Radio Paradise.  Those little coincidences make me sit up and refocus for a minute or two, which is always good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 6/2/2022 at 12:05 PM, MicroMara said:

anigiftruck3.gif.135ad6d19fa7262639e573c787b5fc63.gif

Crack much?  A few years ago, a guy in Vancouver stole a “bait car”.  In an effort to stop or at least reduce car theft, the police rigged up some tempting cars with cameras, microphones, and speakers, plus a remote stop device.  They’d watch the car, and when a dumb criminal stole it, they’d follow him a short distance, then stop it and arrest him.  You could hear the thief or thieves, and when the car would begin to slow down without their input, they’d realize they were caught, and would sound really panicked.

In one case, a guy who was very high on crack stole one of these cars and drove off at speed, while raving in a really manic style, yelling and firing a pistol out the window.  He was stopped soon, and he didn’t get away.  He did 4 years in jail.

Later, the video of his run was shown in ads on TV, and it looked kind of like your clip, really wild.  When he got out of jail, the guy was interviewed on TV, where he apologized and said how ashamed he felt.  As far as I know, he hasn’t been arrested since, and car theft in Vancouver is down at least a bit.

Here in Victoria, bicycle theft was so bad that the cops set up bait bikes.  Of course, the bike couldn’t detain the thief, but the cops would be following closely and caught them nearly every time.  It must have worked, since I haven’t heard of it for years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@AndreG.breaks up the monotony looking at things upside down!  This Linn tech I use is pretty amazing.  He's school trained with 40 years of experience w/Linn gear.  Talk about fun to watch? He has a tray that doesn't flip over.  He just grabs whatever tool he needs and reaches under and replaces whatever he needs to replace.  I've never seen him look under yet.  He just tweeks this and that then rapes my wallet.  😂

• Haha 5

it's almost midnight , had already slept the last 2 hours because I was so dog tired, today I had again HiFi cable built, as the whole last week already, it was really too much, no time to listen to music had. I'm now catching up a bit. Under the ADC XLM III with a brand new JICO Stylus is spinning

Nina Simone " my baby just cares fro me " a collection from her best tunes " released 2015 on ZYX Label Records 

Nina.thumb.jpg.a9bd7594f90830294d022584ba538b71.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Islander said:

Radio Paradise. 

it´s a small world isn´t it ? Streaming Radio Paradise as well very often for backround listening . Sometimes its running 10 to 12 hours a day

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Nice music to stay up late with George... on a different wavelength myself, UFO for the past couple hours!

Metal is to hard for me at night, it´s 2: 47 am here , a warm summernight

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

Metal is to hard for me at night, it´s 2: 47 am here , a warm summernight

Yep, I know you're six hours ahead of me man. It's only quarter until nine here. After my red beans, sausage and rice I've had four UFOs. On Phenomen now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Islander said:

Only 6 pm here.  The Sun has just come out after a rain.

Listening to Chrissie Hynde singing I Shall Be Released live.  She does a great job with it. 

Lunch time down under but a day ahead as well 

Going to have a wagyu and truffle burger  for my daughters birthday 🎉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

long time ago that I listened to  Aldi Meola Project´s " soaring through a dream " . Last time I spun this was with the old AT 20SLA Shibata stylus , washed the vinyl as well , spinning with the ADC XLM MK III , it´s a dreamlike pickup as well as this record , beeing so greatfull to @Full Range whose recommended this album  to us , it´so deep touching ...

Aldi.thumb.jpg.2c13b2ff1a4d2a5aa8bc47c3858795bd.jpg

• Like 5