Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I have been working from morning till 10pm 

And this will go on for the next 3 or 4 weeks 

Seriously it’s gouging into my music time  

But a ray of of sunshine and a Saturday morning delivery ( the wife signed for it ) 

I will try and spin it if time allows 

Artist - Rush 

Title - Moving Pictures 40th anniversary Deluxe Edition, 40th Anniversary, Half-Speed Mastered, 180g

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/22876769-Rush-Moving-Pictures

D77-DFCA1-4-B0-A-49-BF-AA26-220-C1899-FF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I have been working from morning till 10pm 

And this will go on for the next 3 or 4 weeks 

Seriously it’s gouging into my music time 

I was wondering where you´re , I know how it feels , no time for nothing .....when there isn´t a work / live balance anymore .

I say to myself ....it also come back better times and the more I can then enjoy listening to music again

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, billybob said:

I'm in the middle of Gator country...:rolleyes: 

Good afternoon!

Good morning to you, slept well while I spun records ? You have survived until now, so there can not be so many gators living where you are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Introducing the Flower Kings  to you @AndreG. 

In 1994, guitarist Roine Stolt released a solo album entitled The Flower King. Stolt, who had already been active in the band Kaipa in the 1970s, took up classic progressive rock with The Flower King. For the recording of the album Stolt gathered around him a small band of musicians.

Since The Flower King received good reviews, Stolt and his fellow musicians decided to form a band. This was named The Flower Kings in reference to Stolt's solo work. In the years that followed, The Flower Kings became one of the most popular bands in the genre internationally.After a five-year hiatus - the musical head of the band, Roine Stolt, worked in the meantime on the projects Transatlantic and Agents of Mercy - two more albums of the band were released in 2012 and 2013.

As a retro-prog band, the Flower Kings tie in with the classic progressive rock of the 1970s. Their special orientation is symphonic rock with jazz influences. Characteristic of the band's sound are high bass runs, prog-typical keyboard sounds such as Mellotron and Hammond organ, and the frequent use of meditative passages in the compositions.The track Stardust We Are from the album of the same name is seen by many fans as a highlight of the Flower Kings' creative work and is also considered a live classic of the band. A prominent role in the repertoire of the band also takes the suite Garden of Dreams from the album Flower Power, which with its playing time of one hour clearly exceeds the average long track format. The double album Unfold the Future, with its clear Yes references and jazz influences, was also very well received in fan circles.

This is the Album " Retropolis " / 1996 / Sony Music Label / Printed in Holland

1047968171_FlowerKings.thumb.jpg.18327ed3a260728c0283b6675e53bbb2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@Dave1291  I Love her smilie_love_042.gif

I can't take the credit or her.  Have to give that to @Shiva me thinks.  He posted her w/a Jeff Beck gig on youtube spinning I think.  I just followed his lead and ordered it. hahaha  Have been thru it a couple times now and still trying to decide just how good the entire lp is.  Great tune to lead it off with but everything else seems to be short time wise.  She's good and can draw you in but then it's like she rolls over and goes to sleep.  I need a bit more than that!  hahahaha  

Up at 9 today, blew off the grands baseball game since I'm not supposed to drive yet.  As if...  Went out last nite and got gas then slipped in and picked up a salad to go.  I get home and my cell is blowing up from txt msgs.  Seems as though I got busted by the oldest daughter who saw me out driving???  I can't do a da?^ thing w/o getting busted???  😂

• Haha 3

FINALLY time to jump on a couple things in here since I'm on double secret probation.   😂

About time to change shifts today George and let Jimi take over?  I can handle the drive-time slot w/no problemo!   😂  😂

May as well slip into something lengthy right off the bat to set the tone today and gimme a bit of time to think about what's gonna go down.  hahaha

AMAZINGLY GOOD lp's right here and if YOU don't have it ya better jump!  Worth every penny!  Can't wait for the Toyko on RSD!

George Benson is refreshing if your old, decrepit but not yet wearing Depends!  I'm not even close yet.  :)  Can't hear squat but got the hearing aids, can't see but workin on it and think Imma gonna survive!  

IMG-20220611-132702724.jpg

:)  Wowzer!    💯

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just did a thing today.  I've NEVER spent $150 on an album in my life but this should sound totally amazeballs!  I was just going to put it away and not listen to it right?  Gonna make mah girls millionaires someday on it but...  I HAD to listen to it.  It's my brother from another mother but nope not gonna.  Then a light bulb went off and I now have another one coming!  Nuts?  H3ll yes I am.  20k pressed, Analogue Productions from the original master tapes, good Lord wanna talk stoked???  That's comin right up after @JohnJ's drive time traffic update!  😂  Less BS and cuttin to the bone so don't EVEN touch that dial!   

IMG-20220611-123139269.jpg

Yes TWO!  I'm the hoarder!!!  I can do beans & wieners forevah!  :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Just did a thing today.  I've NEVER spent $150 on an album in my life but this should sound totally amazeballs!  I was just going to put it away and not listen to it right?  Gonna make mah girls millionaires someday on it but...  I HAD to listen to it.  It's my brother from another mother but nope not gonna.  Then a light bulb went off and I now have another one coming!  Nuts?  H3ll yes I am.  20k pressed, Analogue Productions from the original master tapes, good Lord wanna talk stoked???  That's comin right up after @JohnJ's drive time traffic update!  😂  Less BS and cuttin to the bone so don't EVEN touch that dial!   

IMG-20220611-123139269.jpg

Yes TWO!  I'm the hoarder!!!  I can do beans & wieners forevah!  :)

We all have a bang because we are vinylholics 

smilie_gr_227.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3