Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Today the plexiglass hood for the DQX 1000 was delivered. I had these made for me. The hood is only built on three sides, the back is open and closes with the wall. When I'm not using it I slide it over the tt. A Plexiglas hood to put over it would not have worked.it would also have to have milled holes for the phono cables and I had to rebuild the granite rack.

Haube.thumb.jpg.88bdc13d2e29738ba62516a5bf98ca94.jpgHaube1.thumb.jpg.acfb89d53c1d1affe469a09c93cdb7b8.jpgHaube2.thumb.jpg.1e71139b162ee041d4bbe672adb382b6.jpgHaube3.thumb.jpg.c8558143faad18571f7fd0e019d3d6ed.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Little copper speaker are much more detailed than the polks were!

no doubts about what you´re saying John. Got a little bit experience 😂. Think your PC Audiosystem is much better than 99 % of play and plug delivered devices . Nice ! 

• Like 4

Hey Mike @dirtmudd

Not sure if you are aware of this Robert Fripp speaking tour 

A few wineries in the venue locations 🤪 probably some drinking of wine to be consumed

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/that-awful-man-and-his-manager-on-the-road

The following dates have been confirmed for Robert Fripp and David Singleton’s speaking tour of the US later in the year. Likely topics that will be explored during their time on stage will include: Where does Music come from? What does it take to survive the music business? When does the impossible become possible? Can Music change the world? Why did Fripp put on a tutu and dance to Swan Lake at the end of his garden? Who is The Vicar?

Dates and locations 

Friday, September 16, Toronto, The Royal
Saturday, September 17 Montreal, Club Soda
Sunday, September 18, Quebec City, QC Imperial Bell
Monday, September 19, Syracuse, NY, Carrier Theater 
Wednesday, September 21, Ridgefield, CT, Ridgefield Playhouse
Thursday, September 22, Boston, MA, City Winery
Friday, September 23, New York, NY, City Winery
Saturday, September 24, Albany, NY, Swyer Room
Tuesday, September 27, Red Bank, NJ, The Vogel
Wednesday, September 28, Philadelphia, PA, City Winery
Friday, September 30, Washington DC, City Winery
Saturday, October 1, Annapolis, MD, Ram’s Head Live
Wednesday, October 5, Cleveland, OH, Music Box Supper Club
Saturday, October 8, Milwaukee, Wilson Theater-Marcus Center
Sunday, October 9, Chicago, IL, City Winery

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Hmmmmm,  gonna have to research this a bit...  :)  Now to find out who wants to go...  Should be interesting but...  Thanks for that @Full Range  :)

Sorry mate - I forgot to mention you for the Ohio venue - 

Wednesday, October 5, Cleveland, OH, Music Box Supper Club

• Like 2

4 hours ago, richieb said:

- Robert Fripp speaking? Only if Toya is “speaking” beside him 🥹

I think we get enough of her womanly charms via the videos 😎

( that is the most diplomatic answer I can come up with ) 

• Haha 2

Hi vinyls lover's 😉

Coltrane My Favorite Things, May 20, 2022 reissue, 60th anniversary with beautiful color booklet, two vinyl : one in mono with originals tapes + remastered and one remastered stereo 😍 

https://consequence.net/2022/03/john-coltrane-my-favorite-things-60th-anniversary-reissue/

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/23290832-John-Coltrane-My-Favorite-Things

_20220616_195836.thumb.JPG.d0513893150b634ac8c39abadd81512f.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No biggie on Fripp @Full Range  Who knows what I'm going to do.  Don't want a 5 hour roundtrip by myself cause most around here are clueless.  It's all about when the corn & beans are gonna come off.  lolol

Gonna switch tables today and give this Thorens w/ the Grado black a run.  Then another 5 hour round trip to see my Linn dude for a check up.  Last time it wasn't running up to speed an he replace a hand full of parts on the Valhalla board.  Now it's slowing down again soooo something's up.  Needs a check up and I'm drooling for a new cart to step up my game even more.  Downside?  I want a new amp soooo maybe next year for the cart.  Ugh!  :)

• Like 3

Here I go again!  hahaha

The Linn slowed down while playing a new Question Mark and the Mysterians (96 Tears) so I thought it was the table.  Finally changed it out w/the Thorens last night.  Same album went on and it was running slow on the Thorens.  I flipped out.  Right away I was thinking the lp was a 45 lp so I'm looking at the jacket and the lp for any indication that it WAS a 45.  Nothing.  So thought some more and shifted the Thorens up to 45 and voila it was perfect.  NO WHERE on anything did it say it was a 45!  Pi$$ed?  Yuuup, cause the Linn doesn't play 45's.  Imagine that!  hahaha

Next thing was even better.  The Thorens was gone over and a new Grado Black put on by my Linndude.  It sounded like TOTAL schiit.  Veiled sound with little separation or clarity.  So I'm thinking on that listening to my buddy and his lil woman .  He has all the answers on everything yet knows nothing about 2 channel.  lol  He's learnin though!  😂

Thought more on it.  Got up, walked over and turned off the sub.  Shazaam, instantly sounded great.  Fun watching his eyes cross then.  Going to be the perfect 70's sound I want to achieve w/the McIntosh receiver, Thorens and my Heresy.  It's gonna totally have that 60-70's sound, which is why I've done what I've done.  2 systems.  Then and now.  :)

Back to the grind!  It's only money right?    :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mike , Mike , Mike & Dave , Dave , Dave 

@dirtmudd @Dave1291

Record store day just finished here down under 

This album was not available during trading hours but I got an email to check out what titles are still available 

Ha - 5 copies left in stock of Tokyo Tapes (3LP) 

Fast internet typing fingers secured it in quick time 

Should be here next week 🤪🤪🤪

Yea baby 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Mike , Mike , Mike & Dave , Dave , Dave 

@dirtmudd @Dave1291

Record store day just finished here down under 

This album was not available during trading hours but I got an email to check out what titles are still available 

Ha - 5 copies left in stock of Tokyo Tapes (3LP) 

Fast internet typing fingers secured it in quick time 

Should be here next week 🤪🤪🤪

Yea baby 

incurable vinylholicer ..no chance

smilie_gr_22.gif

• Haha 3